Who don't you want in ultrasound room?UPDATE

Not selfish at all! You are entitled to privacy, and a scan is sort of a medical procedure on your body, so you get to decide who you want there! My dh came to our scan, no one else was invited :xmas16:

It never mattered to me...When I was a single mom I went alone or with a close friend. After I got married it was mostly me and my husband but one time my sister in law came as well cuz she was visiting from overseas and it was a beautiful thing that she got to see her little niece growing. For this pregnancy so far the one scan I was alone because hubby was working and I told him don't worry about coming. No biggie. As far as giving birth I have had various friends in with me at my deliveries. My last daughter of course my husband was there and one of my closest and long time friend. Your shame seems to go out tge window when you have like 4 nurses and 2 doctors looking up your crotch. It never strike me as a private affair. The last time I gave birth there was a woman screaming and cussing. I do not make loud sounds so we felt like we were a part of her birth too...lol

For ultrasounds I either go alone or hubby comes depending on if he is able to take off work / what time the scan is scheduled. He tries his best to be there but can't always.

For birth it will only be DH and I. It was that way with my DS's birth and I loved having the time to bond as a family of 3 before the hoards of family poured in. It's a personal decision though, and what is right for everyone is different for everyone :)

Exactly!

DH says I'm even selfish sometimes. Like I don't like to include Mother in law. I barely include my own mother lol. Doesn't mean I love them any less.

And honestly. I don't believe the Mother in Law has to know week by week of my pregnancy :shrug:

I can't believe he would say that! It's such a private time, there's no reason that anyone else needs to be included and that certainly does not make you even a little bit selfish. You should tell him that he's lucky he gets the invite lol! Maybe to appease him you could do something sweet for the moms after like get a nice picture frame for the scan pics that says "I Love Grandma" or something. Good compromise!

Just the hubby at the scans :) my mum understands how personal scans and giving birth are and has told me that she will be there for me whenever I ask her to be-- but no earlier. No pestering me which is fantastic!! :haha: I hate the idea of having a boat load of family members waiting outside my hospital door too for immediately after the birth. I want some time to recover and bond. People can visit later, when we invite them.

My MIL on the other hand... I love her, but all she seems to talk about is wanting grandchildren (despite knowing about a previous loss). We only told her about the first loss, and she MADE IT ALL ABOUT HERSELF. seriously. So we didn't tell her about any of the others. She just made it so much worse. I will definitely not be inviting her to the scans or the birth. I do love her, but it is not a moment I want to share with her.

For the birth, I think it will just be my husband. Maaaaybe my twin sister but she might feel a bit uncomfortable so I will let her decide.

Whew! I hear ya! :nope:
Thanks for sharing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"