Who else is officially 'unexplained'?

Hi Brooklyn, we had been referred for IUI but fertility clinic advised it would not work and best option is ICSI - starting this month, we had to wait a long to get this far but now its all happening so quickly.

PS - I love New York! Only been once and did all the typical tourist sights, we went to a fab little pizza resturant in soho called Lombardi's OMG the pizza was amazing! x

missmonty, I'll be going through IVF soon myself- I'll start down-regging in January. Let me know how it's going! Are you going to join the four leaf clover thread? Glad you loved New York. There are so many great pizza places - Lombardi's is definitely one of the best!

Wow, I'm so pleased to see so many of you have joined this thread!

I started it the other day but haven't been able to get back on my pc since - but am so happy to see that there's been lots of chatting while I've been gone!

Jeanette, so sorry to hear about the chemical, hope you get a sticky one soon.

I notice some of you have tried clomid. I've actually been offered it but have decided against it for the time being due to the fact I already ov. FS basically didn't give me much hope in relation to trying it so we're going to give the 'au naturel' approach a bit longer. I know it works for some people though so maybe it will be our next step.

Looking forward to getting to know you ladies more.

My AF is due tomorrow and I just KNOW shes on the way.

x

lady blush, i was diagnosed with PCOS about a year and half ago through a scan. I have very regular periods and i ovulate ever month. My PCSO is very mild i have no symtpoms, problems with weight and hair growth. if it wasnt for the scan i would never no i had it.
xx

hi laura i have some of the symptoms ,slightly over weight,a bit of excess hair mostly on my nipple area i have to use twezzers to pull it out (sorry tmi lol),acne on my back and genaraly very bad skin,very bad pms. but i am glad i have regular peiods bcoz ive seen hundreds of posts where women with pcos only get around 4 periods a year eeeck.

good luck girls :hugs:

Hi Peekabo and Lady Lush. How are you both today?

Peekabo, fair play on leaving it a little longer. If you do decided to take the clomid though keep me posted. I would love top hear how you get on. How long have you been TTC again? I hpoe the :witch: doesnt make and appearence tomorrow!

Lady lush- Yeah i agree on that one. Although i hate the :witch: with a passion im glad i have her when im supposed to else TTC would be a right drama. You would never know when you ovulate or anything. Im glad my timing is pretty regular now.

xx

Hi Laura, i'm kind of torn as to what to do about the clomid, but I think I'll put it off a bit longer due to the advice the FS gave us. We've been TTC for about 20 months, but kind of NTNP for the most part - although with regular BDing so we thought we'd have caught the egg at some point in all that time. Just started with the OV tests in the last couple of months so kind of 'upping the ante' before we go for the clomid option. How are you finding clomid? x

Oh and good luck! Just read back through the post to find out your situation. Hope the clomid works for you. x

Hi Peekabo and Lady Lush. How are you both today?

Peekabo, fair play on leaving it a little longer. If you do decided to take the clomid though keep me posted. I would love top hear how you get on. How long have you been TTC again? I hpoe the :witch: doesnt make and appearence tomorrow!

Lady lush- Yeah i agree on that one. Although i hate the :witch: with a passion im glad i have her when im supposed to else TTC would be a right drama. You would never know when you ovulate or anything. Im glad my timing is pretty regular now.

xx

hi laura im fine today started getting some ov pains last night im currently on cd 15 so ovulation should occur 2 day or 2morrow fx but im just gonna go with the flow and not stress about it this month.easier said that done.

how are you laura did the witch arrive today have you tested? i hope you get your BFP very soon.

Thanks Peekabo. Clomid is not as easy as i though it would be. I had major headaches whilst taking the tablets and now just feeling really emoitional. Had a bad day yesterday and nearly admitted defeat that the tablets wouldnt work withoout even giving them a chance. And im the ball today though and feeling much better.

Lady blush- YEY on the OV, thats great. Fingers crossed you catch that little eggy.

xxx

just realised that i asked laura instead of peekaboo if your af had shown ooops

hope you girls are well.xx

Just had a hunt through the old posts to dig this one back out! Wondered if any of you in the 'unexplained' category had had any luck? x

Hi. I am considered unexplained. The Dr. said he thinks sometimes my ovulation is weak and other times strong (though I do ovulate and get my period each month- well, more like 32-35 days). I have been told my fallopian tubes and uterus are "very pretty" and my husband's sperm is high on all levels. I have been on clomid for a year (and recently paired with injectable meds). My follicles do grow a little slow even with meds but I have a lot and always have a few (except this month). My uterine lining has always been good as well. I am hypothyroid but just ever so slightly and take a pill everyday for it (the lowest dose).
I take my temperature, use an OPK and have a fertility monitor (though this month I decided to lay low on the second 2 and just go with Dr. rx). I am really questioning why it hasn't happened. It is so nice to hear about others in the same boat even though I wish it on no one.

:dust:

Hi there, sorry to hear you're in the same 'unexplained' boat. It does, however, sound like you know quite a bit about your body/ cycles etc - do they do more testing where you are?

All I've had is blood tests (which confirmed I was ovulating), swabs to check I have no infections, a vaginal scan and a HSG test to check my tubes were clear. DH has had SA. Everything has been fine. However, I know nothing about my follices, eggs, lining etc.

I noticed you mentioned hypothyroid - is that underactive or over? Its funny you should mention it as I'm just thinking about looking into this. I have no symptoms to indicate I have a problem but a VERY strong family history of underactive thyroid. I've been reading about it in relation to infertility and it seems there is quite a link - although from what I can see it is easily treatable. I am thinking of asking my doctor if I can have this tested. Not sure whether they'll agree with me having no symptoms though. x

Yes, hypo is a slow thyroid and hyper is an overactive thyroid. It should be easily treated depending on how severe your case might be.
At this point I don't think there is more testing they can do, but who knows? I think the next step is moving on to IVF which I am really hoping I don't have to do!

Yes, hypo is a slow thyroid and hyper is an overactive thyroid. It should be easily treated depending on how severe your case might be.
At this point I don't think there is more testing they can do, but who knows? I think the next step is moving on to IVF which I am really hoping I don't have to do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->