who else is using EPO?

mamawolf

Reaction score
My doctor recommended I try inserting EPO to get things going. I forgot to ask about dosage though. What do you ladies do? Do I only do it before bed or can I do it twice a day?

There is a huge thread on epo around somewhere I'll try and find it for you

Can't find it sorry! Hopefully someone will come along who can. I can't remember exactly what I did last time but I reckon I started with 500mg capsules one a night at 32 weeks then increased it to 1000 over the weeks.

With my first I started epo, I think, at 36 weeks. I started by taking 1 cap orally until 37 weeks. I think dosages vary (500, 1000, 1300, etc). I believe I had the 1,000.

At 37 I started inserting one. Then I think at 40 I started inserting 2.

Labor didn't start for me and was induced at 41+6. I don't know if epo helped or not, but by the time I was induced I was 3-4 cm dilated and 100% effaced.

This time I started orally at 34 weeks (1,300). Started inserting 1 at 36 weeks and 2 at 37 weeks. I don't know if I'm effaced any, but am dilated 1 cm as of Thursday evening (38 weeks).

Oral can be taken any time of day. If you insert, insert right before bed and wear a liner as it'll probably leak.

I've got some 1000, didn't know how much to start with though not tried them yet, probably about time to though

I was taking 1000mg orally and 1000mg vaginally after 38 weeks. You can look for it anywhere that sells supplements/vitamins. Spring Valley brand vitamins makes one and they carry it at my local Walmart. They usually come in 500 or 1000mg capsules, so depending on the concentration, either one or two capsules orally in the morning and an additional one or two capsules vaginally at night before bed. Inserting it at night before bed works best because it tends to seep out. I would recommend wearing a panty liner. If you want, you can message your perineum with the seepage. I know it's weird but anything to help with labor right?

Hi
Sorry to gate crash... Is epo supposed to help labour like rlt or bring it on? Did you get the ok from your mw before taking it?
Thanks.
X

My doctor recommended it at my 39 week appointment since I hadn't dilated past a fingertip for three weeks. From what I've heard it's supposed to help with dilation and effacement

I will be, I used it with my last LO and it seemed to help, my cervix was nice and ripe :haha:. I inserted a capsule and took one orally from abut 38 weeks last time I think. I'll be starting in a few days :)

Did any of you get any side effects from the EPO or was it okay? X

I had been taking just 500-1000mg orally at first but it gave me diarrhea and nausea real bad. So i just have been doing vaginally 1000 mg at night on the nights that I am not having sex. I do not know if it is helping. I am 50% effaced and not even dilated but with my first kiddo, I never effaced at all before induction at 41+4. While I am past my due date, I am hoping that the EPO will help keep things from tearing significantly this time around. It can't really hurt at my stage@

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->