who else still has to set up nursery?

SMGP

Reaction score
I am 29 weeks and I have yet to do anything in the baby's room! We just moved so that is part of my excuse but I feel like we do not have anything yet! We are team yellow so I do not know how to decorate and my first baby shower is the 23rd of this month so I wanna see what I get from.that before I start buying a ton of stuff! Part of me wants to wait to decorate until after baby is born and we will not even be using the crib for another 6 months! But I am getting jealous at all of these pink and blue nurseries!!

Hey, that sounds just like my situation!

Im 28 weeks and up until last weekend I had done NOTHING!! I just started painting Saturday, but get too exhausted LOL. So I am breaking it up into three days. (Which means more like three weeks). My baby shower is also near you on the 22nd, so we aren't purchasing anything until after that. I was VERY fortunate for my sister to give me all her old baby stuff. We purchased the bedding but that It.

So don't worry, your not the only one. I'm excited to get it started but its a lot of work for this preggo lady LOL.

we are half way through painting, started 2 weeks ago and then got bored and left it! the cot only got delivered yesterday though and now that's here I want to get it all finished, im 30 weeks xx

We haven't started yet either. Bought the wallpaper for the feature wall and ordered the furniture but that's it for now. We are also team yellow so everything is nutural. Luckily the walls were painted magnolia in October anyway! Furniture isn't coming until the 25th and will probably take us forever to out together lol. My friend I'd coming to wallpaper for us on the 29th. So maybe by the 2nd week of July it will all be done :)

We've sorted babies nursery out and set up his cot but his crib which he'll be sleeping in our room in isn't being delivered until 2 weeks before I'm due so I'm hoping he doesn't make an appearance until then!!

You've still got 11 weeks yet that's plenty of time but it's better to try get the room sorted before LO's here as you won't have the spare time once he/she arrives xx

Ours will be done over the next couple of days :)

Im just waiting for my decor.. glider to arrive an babys crown an bedding... weve painted an put all her furniture together... :)

I'm 34 weeks and so far have just painted the nursery and assembled crib. We bought the bedding but I dont want to wash it and put it on bed until baby is here!

Well DS2 could be here at any point from tonight (although I doubt I am that lucky) to the next few days and we don't have one set up. :shrug: Firstly because we moved last week and secondly because they don't use it right away anyway so we won't be buying nursery stuff for a couple of months still. But the first time I felt I needed it done and it was fully finished between 20-21 weeks and this time time I just don't feel rushed at all.

We just need the crib put together! Got the change table and the rocking chair with ottoman put together over the weekend. But the crib arrived in the mail broken so we have to return it :(

...I was so bummed....

Don't sweat it. When DD was born, we didn't even have half our nursery furniture, let alone have a nursery set up. But she just slept in a bassinet in our room and I changed her diaper on a mat on the floor, so even after she was born, we still had plenty of time to get things set up. :flower:

same here...our nursery is bare walls...which tonight 3 of them are getting new sheetrock and then my hubby and neighbor are sposta primer them...next week my mom and her friend and my younger sister are coming to do the real paint job (gonna be stripes up like 1/2 the wall gonna be hard and I just hope we dont make a mess of it) lol but I have a vision and Im sticking to it lol lol... and then my sister is staying with us for a few weeks to help me with the rest and with carrying and moving and all that because Im already as big now at 29 weeks as I was when LO was born at like almost 41 weeks lol...im excited that we are finally gonna get it done..we have like 6-7 weeks prolly and I cant wait to see it all done...

The cot has never been taken down from Edward (he was in our room until he was 8m) so it's still there, and will just need emptying of all the crap that's accumulated, a wipe down and a clean sheet on it lol. I can do that in labour! lol :haha:

Seriously though, bubs isn't getting a 'nursery' as once they're old enough they'll be going in with their older brothers. Until then, our room will be theirs, so their little space is the cot and that's always decked out very nicely at some point around 36 weeks when I get a nesting spurt lol :)

Us! And she won't have one until the autumn - she'll be in with us for the first few months, and then my husbands study us becoming the nursery, and he gets kicked out - so while we make it into a nursery, he's going to make the other spare bedroom into a study/boys tv room. xx

I moved house at 37 weeks pregnant. The nursery was finished last week, lol.
It's not like I'll be putting baby in it for a while so I didn't really panic! But it's nice to have it all done though.
Rx

We won't be starting ours until the 1st of July as we are having the extension put in on June 28th. :wacko: We know what we are doing though and have bought all the major things we need so it should be okay. It's a bit shorter than I wanted but the worst that can happen is the baby is here before the room is finished. That's not a huge issue either as baby will be well-equipped in our room and downstairs.

Perhaps a certain gift at your shower will inspire a theme or colors to go with. Maybe it'll work with being team yellow and you'll feel inspired and just go with that. If not, like you said, if you do it after baby is here, it shouldn't be a huge problem. :flower:

Im 36 weeks and all we have done is paint and deep clean the carpet, lots more to be done but once the furniture is in it should take shape really quickly :)

Yeah, I am not really stressed about it since I know baby will not even be in there right away and it nurseries are more for us rather then the baby anyways. Baby has no idea if they have blue walls or white walls but I am just seeing all these cute nurseries and I want ours to be all put together! : )

We're 35 weeks tomorrow and so far our nursery has a mural on the wall. No curtains, carpet, furniture......

We know what we're getting and just need to order it, so hopefully it'll all be ready for 37 weeks. Hubbie is very quick at putting furniture together, he'll have it done in a couple of hours :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->