Who goes to the loo in the middle of the night and locks their bathroom door?

For one thing they were told that they wouldn't get into trouble for making admissions which on the one hand is good because it encourages them to speak out but on the other this whole case has been turned into a circus performance, who's going to openly talk about doing stupid things if it's being broadcast to god knows how many different countries? There was a lot of doubt cast over what his friends were saying.

And like the pp said - apparently he thought his girlfriend was in bed.

I still don't know what to think, this discussion just seems quite one sided. I suppose that's the problem when something like this is so publicized.

I don't get it.

He left his bed when he heard sounds right? If so wouldn't you check beside you to see if your partner is there? And if not wouldn't you assume maybe she was in the bathroom?!!

None of this adds up at all!

Oh and I don't lock bathroom doors now mainly because the lock doesn't work but in the early days I did lock the door x

His defence is that he was already out of bed when he heard the noise - he'd been getting stuff in from the balcony apparently. His girlfriend was in bed before he went on the balcony.

Still seems strange to not have a quick look to see if she was still there though. And the debate whether he was using his prosthetic legs or not is weird

Also before you shoot you would have thought you would have shouted out ... Who knows eh

I sometimes do out of habit too.

I would personally have checked for my partner and sneaked out of the house to call the police, no way would I have shot through the toilet - even if somebody was breaking in I would want to avoid harming them, if they were there to kill him they wouldn't have gone into the toilet they would have done it there and then.

Just because he didn't have his legs on doesn't mean he isn't capable of moving etc, he's more than able. Double above knee amps can walk very well on their stumps...so take this out of the equation, he's just a normal human in that respect.

The thing that I find strange (from how I understand it) is he was in the bathroom getting another fan from the balcony, saw the window open, heard noises, went back into the bedroom to get his gun, went back into the bathroom and shot four times without shouting to find out if anyone/who was there. He also didn't check she was in bed or not when he went to get his gun.

He is a very paranoid person and I believe he was broken into before so could understand his skittishness. Plus the gun culture/opinions is so different in S Africa than a lot of places.

He didn't go back to bed after, he smashed the door down.

I don't know what to think to be honest with you, it's a strange one.

I don't know what to think honestly, if I had to pick a side right now I'm on innocent.

Serious paranoia, past history of burglary, sleep state etc just add together to make one frightened/pissed off man who acted before he thought.

I don't lock the door, heck I don't even shut the door. It takes all my strength to close the door at a friends house (or if I have guests), even then I will try use a bathroom out the way so I can leave the door open. I'm a freak.

Just because he didn't have his legs on doesn't mean he isn't capable of moving etc, he's more than able. Double above knee amps can walk very well on their stumps...so take this out of the equation, he's just a normal human in that respect.

The thing that I find strange (from how I understand it) is he was in the bathroom getting another fan from the balcony, saw the window open, heard noises, went back into the bedroom to get his gun, went back into the bathroom and shot four times without shouting to find out if anyone/who was there. He also didn't check she was in bed or not when he went to get his gun.

He is a very paranoid person and I believe he was broken into before so could understand his skittishness. Plus the gun culture/opinions is so different in S Africa than a lot of places.

Oh yes, being without his prosthetics wouldn't make much difference to him. When I mentioned his legs I meant the discrepancies with the damage to the door, not whether he was able to do it. I think that's what the case will rest on ultimately as its the only solid evidence to go on.

Oh yes, being without his prosthetics wouldn't make much difference to him. When I mentioned his legs I meant the discrepancies with the damage to the door, not whether he was able to do it. I think that's what the case will rest on ultimately as its the only solid evidence to go on.

See what you're saying now...I still don't see how forensics are going to prove whether he did it intentionally or not, and that in this whole thing is the key. There's no denying that he meant to shoot whoever was behind the door - the question is whether he knew it was her or thought it was an intruder. And I don't think we'll ever know.

No I don't think we'll ever know either. It'll just be down to whether the court believe his story or the police's. They've been demonstrating with the door and how it was hit. Don't know why he would have lied about wearing his prosthetics if he wasn't.

Has anyone seen this article on the guardian? https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/mar/14/marina-hyde-oscar-pistorius-vomiting

No I don't think we'll ever know either. It'll just be down to whether the court believe his story or the police's. They've been demonstrating with the door and how it was hit. Don't know why he would have lied about wearing his prosthetics if he wasn't.

Because that would then show they were up and awake, rather than him just getting out of bed. But the gun shots seem to be from stump height rather than on legs height, it's the question of the cricket bat hitting the door there are descrepencies with.

Because that would then show they were up and awake, rather than him just getting out of bed. But the gun shots seem to be from stump height rather than on legs height, it's the question of the cricket bat hitting the door there are descrepencies with.

I thought he was saying he was wearing his prosthetics to bash the door (but not during the shooting though) and the police are saying the marks look like he wasn't. So I don't get why he says he went and put them on to bash the door down if he didn't. Doesn't make sense to me.

Has anyone seen this article on the guardian? https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/mar/14/marina-hyde-oscar-pistorius-vomiting

I haven't but thanks for posting it. The article is hilarious and I'm inclined to agree with it.

I don't lock the door.

I'm not sure what I think. Did his girlfriend stay over often?

X

I find the whole thing bizarre. I understand their culture is very different to ours (I'm in the UK) with regards to owning and using a gun so that may be part of the reason I find it so strange. However the main thing I don't understand is why he didn't check where she was, if you thought someone was in your house or there was a threat nearby the most natural instinct is to check your loved ones are safe and to protect them. Every time I see Oscar Pistorious he makes me shiver, there seems to be something really cold about him but I know that could just be the way he comes across and not strictly true.

Having said that my gut feeling is he didn't mean to kill her. I think he has serious paranoia issues but I don't think he knew it was her. I think the paranoia dulled his natural instinct to check where she was, he just heard a noise and freaked. If that's the case then maybe he shouldn't go to prison but surely something needs to be done? He's clearly volatile?

I'd also be interested to know the exact timings of everything. If he was up and walking around the bedroom, on the balcony etc then surely he would have seen her get up and go to the bathroom? Or heard her before she was in the bathroom? What noise did she make that made him go and get his gun? So many questions and I doubt we'll ever get an answer.

ps I don't lock the door!

The most natural instinct is absolutely not to check on anyone, it's fight or flight so (going on the assumption that he is innocent) a very immediate reaction one way or the other isn't something that is strange, especially if he already thought she was in bed. If it was a genuine accident the problem is that he acted purely on instinct and was tragically mistaken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->