Who goes to the loo in the middle of the night and locks their bathroom door?

The most natural instinct is absolutely not to check on anyone, it's fight or flight so (going on the assumption that he is innocent) a very immediate reaction one way or the other isn't something that is strange, especially if he already thought she was in bed. If it was a genuine accident the problem is that he acted purely on instinct and was tragically mistaken.

I'd never thought of it that way and now you've said it I can see how wrong my original thought was! :dohh: that's a really interesting point, thank you :thumbup:

Id be wondering where my partner was....not immediately jumping to the conclusion it was an intruder in the bathroom...wouldnt the natural thing if you heard someone in the bathroom would be to assume it was your partner? Why would an intruder use your toilet? Hes guilty imo. No i wouldnt lock the door....unless i was ummmm doing number two!

No i wouldnt lock the door in my own house but perhaps would in someone elses

Yes, I would. Particularly if it was a relatively new relationship and especially if I was needing a poo or something. I'd do it during the night hoping he was asleep.

And as for the comments on not shooting through a closed door. I don't think you can begin to comment on that unless you've been there. It's scary. Crime isn't like we know it. It's horrible. I'm sure I've mention this before but a friend of mine is from the out skirts of Masero (I think is how it's spelt). And he said if he had woken during the night to strange noises, he'd of shot first and questioned later. Because of some of the crimes he's heard of and seen.

Also, I've not read much into it, but does anyone know if he was aware she wasn't in the bed? Had he noticed her missing?

I must be weird because I lock the door of a night, whether it's a wee or poo, whether I'm home alone or hubby's in bed, I can't help it! Just habit I guess, but I always without fail lock the bathroom door.

xo

Id be wondering where my partner was....not immediately jumping to the conclusion it was an intruder in the bathroom...wouldnt the natural thing if you heard someone in the bathroom would be to assume it was your partner? Why would an intruder use your toilet? Hes guilty imo. No i wouldnt lock the door....unless i was ummmm doing number two!
I live in South Africa. It's 12:55am here, and I'm the only one awake in the house (I'm a night owl). My husband is sleeping next to me. I have 4 children deeper down in the house. I heard 3 noises, in a time period of about 10 min. I haven't stood up to investigate, because I'm too scared. The noises were isolated, else I would've woken my husband up. I'm reluctant though, because he went to bed late and need to stand up in a few hours again. And the noises were most likely the kids - turning around in bed, kicking something off, coughing, etc.

But... my very first thought, lasting at least 10sec, was that it was intruders intent on killing me, my husband and my children. Not intruders breaking in who wants to steal. Intruders that's out to kill us before stealing. Or, at the very least, rape me and maim, torture or scare my children. And most likely kill my husband. Because this is what happens DAILY around us. We read about these cases every day. Most of us has family/friends that has been touched by crime. Some in horrible ways, some in less traumatic ways. But at that moment, when I heard the noises, all I could think about was that someone's breaking in to come and kill us. It's irrational, it's unfair, it's wrong. But it is what it is. It comes with living in a violent city like ours.

I can totally understand Oscar Pistorius killing before asking questions. He lives about 30km's north from me. He had no buglar proof windows. The toilet window was open. Builders in the area left ladders lying just outside his house. Very easy for a buglar to take a ladder, climb up to the open toilet window and voila, easy access into the house of a very rich man where a buglar can be sure will be loads of technologies to pilfer. And an easy target because he's physically vulnerable.

Having said that. I myself think he knew it was Reeva inside when he shot at the door (personal opinion, I have no inside information). He was having a fit of rage about something, and the anger and passion got the better of him. He seems overly trigger-happy, and prone to aggressiveness and jealousy. I hope I'll be proven wrong. I really do, because the alternative for Reeva is just too ghastly to contemplate. The fear and terror she must've felt. :cry:

Oh, and about what happened afterwards. He broke the door down, tried to rescusitate her, then carried her downstairs where a neighbour, a doctor, came in and saw Oscar still trying to save her. He was praying and crying and begging for her to live. :cry:

Also to answer another point that came up in this thread. I seriously doubt that he's going to walk free. He committed a crime. He killed someone, and admitted to it. At the very least, he'll be charged with manslaughter. If they find that he knew it was Reeva in the toilet, then it's murder. Manslaughter still comes with a sentence. And, he'll also be held accountable for shooting into the air out of the sunroof of his car (as his "friends" testified), and also for having and using illegal ammunition. I don't know how heavy sentencing will be. In SA, it tends to not be heavy enough for the crimes committed, imo. :shrug:

Lastly - I always lock the toilet door when I sleep over in any other house than my own.

has anyone heard the updates from the court today of the texts which show she was sometimes scared of him https://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/mar/24/oscar-pistorius-scared-girlfriend-murder-trial-hears

My personal gut instint has been the same from day one. He didn't mean to kill her. He genuinely thought it was an intruder due to past experiences and paranoia etc. I could be totally wrong but he seems genuinely disturbed by it all. I dunno like I said gut feeling!

I don't have a lock on my toilet and I rarely even shut the door (but it's just me and Ben!) at a partners house when I know it's just me and him there no I wouldn't, but everyone's different and some people always lock it.

At the start of this trial I really thought he was guilty of murder, I thought he lost his temper and knew she was in there when he shot but now im not so sure.

Atm im 70% sure he genuinely thought there were intruders and because of the crime in his country and past burglary's he just panicked and shot without thinking.

I do think he must have lost his temper but regrets his actions. To begin with I did believe he was innocent but as the evidence has been revealed, I do think he is guilty.

At the start of this trial I really thought he was guilty of murder, I thought he lost his temper and knew she was in there when he shot but now im not so sure.

Atm im 70% sure he genuinely thought there were intruders and because of the crime in his country and past burglary's he just panicked and shot without thinking.

Snap! I thought he was guilty as sin but now Im not so sure.

I'm still going on the side of guilty but i'm genuinely not 100% sure either way. x

I've never been sure and still don't know.... Don't envy the judge having to make such a decision

the only thing that makes me question his story is why didnt she just shout out and say "its me you prat"

the only thing that makes me question his story is why didnt she just shout out and say "its me you prat"

For me, it is why he didnt stop shooting. The first shot hit her in her hip, she would of screamed out, he would of recognised the scream but shot three more times any way.

What I dont understand is why she went into the toilet with her phone. I keep flipping back and forth but I am leaning towards a guilty verdict.

I go to the toilet with my phone. 9 times out of 10 I have my iPhone with me, not because it's in a pocket or anything but I actively take it and at night too.

I like having something to do in the bathroom :rofl: so yeah that's not weird to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->