Who goes to the loo in the middle of the night and locks their bathroom door?

Emz1982_in_uk

Mummy to Dino & BaBa
Reaction score
Serious question!

I don't, but Oscar Pistorious' girlfriend did!

Also, if you thought there was an intruder in the house would you alert your partner first before investigating? Such a strange case.

I don't buy they were a fairly new relationship so I can see why she may have.

IMO he is guilty asbsin though!

Mmmmmmm true! But it's still weird that he didn't check she was in bed.

I think guilty too but I also think he'll go free.

She had his four/five phones in there with her though so was probably looking through them and didnt want to be disturbed.

I agree with Special Kala, I think it's something a lot of people do in a new relationship.

However, I'm more inclined to think that they had a row, she locked herself in the bathroom and he tried to scare her, probably without meaning to kill (since there seemingly isn't a motive). Seems to go along with the witness statements.

It's not easy though. I can understand how having limited mobility and living in a country with such a high crime rate can fuel paranoia and cause him to make an illogical judgement of the situation. If he truly thought she was an intruder, I cannot imagine what he is going through.

Whatever happens, I hope we find out the truth. It's a shame that it's become such a circus.

Ooooh not read that Tasha. Do you have a source?

Has anybody been watching the trial?

I absolutely think hes guilty, if you thought there was an intruder surely you'd check first for people who are SUPPOSED to be in your house?

If i had a lock i'd always lock it though, i'm a nervous toilet person :haha:

^^ see that's why I was genuinely asking about the toilet door, because even though I wouldn't lock it in my partners house I know some would. But the not checking or waking her first really makes me doubt his story.

Surely if she wasn't in bed he would've checked it was her instead of instantly thinking it was an intruder? It all seems a bit suspicious to me.

I can't understand waking in the night, hearing movement, seeing your girlfriend isn't in bed anymore and then a) assuming the person behind the bathroom door is an intruder and b) blindly shooting at them.

Seems odd to me.

I can't understand waking in the night, hearing movement, seeing your girlfriend isn't in bed anymore and then a) assuming the person behind the bathroom door is an intruder and b) blindly shooting at them.

Seems odd to me.

Exactly this!

I know if I'm asleep and I wake up thinking I hear someone in the flat, I'll check to see if oh is in bed, if he's not then I know it's him and not an intruder. Surely common sense will tell you that?!

I'm not sure what to think regarding this case. I do lock the toilet doors though out of habit

I don't even properly shut the door lol.

Regarding the case. It seems extremely suspicious. Why would you shut through a door at an intruder and then calmly go back to bed? Even if he did think it's an intruder and did think that shooting through the door was a good idea (I can kind of understand all that as I'm paranoid about intruders too) I know I could never just go back to bed.

I've never heard he went back to bed?

I remember a few yrs ago I went downstairs to get water and heard someone in my kitchen. For them few seconds until I saw my husband I honestly thought I had an intruder in my kitchen, I'd completely forgot that my husband was home from offshore. I didn't for them once seconds even imagine it could have been him in the kitchen

It's easy for us at Brits to say that we wouldn't start shooting etc but as people who live in a country where gun ownership is not common and somewhere that is much safer than the country he lives in how can you really say that? On top of that, he's a double amputee who wasn't wearing his legs when he potentially believed that someone had broken into his home. I don't think I can begin to imagine how vulnerable that would make you feel. The more I read the more I think he may be innocent but there's new evidence all the time so who knows.

It's easy for us at Brits to say that we wouldn't start shooting etc but as people who live in a country where gun ownership is not common and somewhere that is much safer than the country he lives in how can you really say that? On top of that, he's a double amputee who wasn't wearing his legs when he potentially believed that someone had broken into his home. I don't think I can begin to imagine how vulnerable that would make you feel. The more I read the more I think he may be innocent but there's new evidence all the time so who knows.

I can honestly say that if I woke up and my partner wasn't in bed anymore and there was someone in the bathroom I would NOT shoot without being sure it wasn't my partner in there.

His 'over the top' reactions to the evidence make me most suspicious. It's as though he is trying too hard to garner sympathy and subsequent acquittal. Also the murder weapon is one that can kill or seriously incapacitate someone with one shot and he felt the need to fire numerous times blindly through a door before checking to see if it was his girlfriend. His friends coming out now doesn't help either, why did they come out now? do they believe he is capable of it perhaps...

I can honestly say that if I woke up and my partner wasn't in bed anymore and there was someone in the bathroom I would NOT shoot without being sure it wasn't my partner in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->