Who goes to the loo in the middle of the night and locks their bathroom door?

I will hop around the room desperate to pee until I find a book/phone to take with me

I am so glad it's not just me who has to take my book or phone to the bathroom!! :rofl:

My gut instinct for some reason is still that he didn't do it. I do however think he has a lot of issues regarding paranoia and anger, he's demonstrated this in his previous reactions to other events.

I think he kept shooting even when/if she did scream as he was so paranoid he went into a frenzy and just shot blindly; I don't think he would have even registered anyone was screaming until he'd come out of "that zone". Like when some people say a red mist descends when they get angry...or maybe I've just watched too much Jeremy Kyle...:haha:

But if he was that paranoid - why had he fallen asleep with the patio doors open? Surely that made him more vulnerable?

And also if he was so scared why didn't he actually speak to reeva and make sure she kept herself safe?

Doesn't add up to me. And I also find it disrespectful to reeva's family that there is this mad hysteria every day outside court from OP's "fans". IMO he should respectfully asked them to stop - the victim here is reeva.

But if he was that paranoid - why had he fallen asleep with the patio doors open? Surely that made him more vulnerable?

And also if he was so scared why didn't he actually speak to reeva and make sure she kept herself safe?

Doesn't add up to me. And I also find it disrespectful to reeva's family that there is this mad hysteria every day outside court from OP's "fans". IMO he should respectfully asked them to stop - the victim here is reeva.

I think i remember reading that he told Reeva to close them before she went to sleep but she forgot.

I've kind of lost track of what did and didn't happen as there seems to have been so many versions to the story. If he did sleep with them open then I agree that's strange.

When it happened I thought it was strange that he hadn't checked or spoken to Reeva when he thought someone had broken in but then someone on this thread said that his natural instinct would be to protect himself and I think that's what he did. He didn't think he just acted.

Does anyone know what they were supposed to have argued about which led to him allegedly shooting her? Just curious as I haven't read or seen much about his motive for doing that.

I do agree about not having the people outside of the court though, whether he meant to or not he still killed her and waving a balloon around labelling him a hero is a bit of a slap in the face for her family.

I watched some of the trial a few days ago and he has said he whispered to Reeva to get down and then he went to the bathroom so he assumed she was in bed still

I now have no clue whatsoever if he intentionally shot her or not. It's very confusing. I feel very sorry for the judge.

I keep changing my mind. I've been following the trial quite closely and I really don't envy the judge.

His story is that he woke up to the doors still being open (he'd told Reeva to shut them before she went to sleep) and balcony light being on, so he got up to close them. He spoke to Reeva before getting out of bed because she was still awake, she asked if he couldn't sleep. When he was on the balcony or just coming in from the balcony he heard the bathroom window sliding open. His bedroom was apparently pitch black apart from a cd player light (which he'd apparently put Reeva's jeans over as he hates light when trying to sleep). He told Reeva to get down, grabbed his gun and went to the bathroom where he shouted for Reeva to call the police. He assumed she didn't answer because she was scared. He then shot in rapid fire (If she did scream I doubt he would have heard her over a gun fire).

Whatever the outcome, it's an awful situation :nope:.

I don't lock the door at night when I go to the loo but would have done in a new relationship. I take my phone with me to use as a light!

I was on the fence previously but now I'm veering towards the intruder story. They haven't really found any inconsistencies yet, I would have thought he would have slipped up in the cross examination by now.

The odd thing about his version of events is that he said he was shouting at the toilet door before he shot - surely Reeva would've said ''it's me!''.

Ultimately, nobody will ever know what really happened that night but either way I think it's a stretch to call him 'innocent', he still took someone's life.

No matter where you live you can't just go around shooting blindly at doors because you have a heightened sense of paranoia. He took someone's daughters life so I'd still expect him to serve a considerable length of time.

The odd thing about his version of events is that he said he was shouting at the toilet door before he shot - surely Reeva would've said ''it's me!''.

Ultimately, nobody will ever know what really happened that night but either way I think it's a stretch to call him 'innocent', he still took someone's life.

No matter where you live you can't just go around shooting blindly at doors because you have a heightened sense of paranoia. He took someone's daughters life so I'd still expect him to serve a considerable length of time.

Yeah I really think he needs some sort of sentence whether he gets charged with 'murder' or not.

I don't know what the laws are like over there for protecting your home? If he's not found guilty of murder I agree that he should get something and that he should be sentenced the same as anyone else who had shot and killed an intruder.

I don't know what the laws are like over there for protecting your home? If he's not found guilty of murder I agree that he should get something and that he should be sentenced the same as anyone else who had shot and killed an intruder.

I think you're only allowed to shoot at an intruder if they are approaching you with a firearm.

I thought that part of the state's case was that he signed a firearms agreement/contract when he bought a gun saying he understood you couldn't shoot at an intruder unless they were coming at you with a gun therefore he was breaking the law just by shooting in the first place? I'm not from SA though so by no means an expert

Did anyone recently read the open letter to him from a reporter. It's alleged in it that he has been taking acting lessons...

Here it is:

https://janiallan.com/2014/04/14/letter-oscar/

I am from South Africa and I don't suffer from GAD yet I NEVER go to sleep with doors and windows open and unlocked. I ALWAYS set my alarm and would never leave ladders lying around outside.

He is an arrogant little prick with anger issues. He is as guilty as sin and I hope he goes down.

I am inclined to believe he acted out of anger. I find it extremely difficult to imagine anyone shooting through a door unless they had concrete proof that it was an intruder intent on causing harm. I know being born and raised in England my perception of danger will be different, however fight or flight is a natural instinct, and I don't believe there would be any difference in reaction between an English man reacting to a danger and a South African man. Yes, when a noise is heard initial thought would be 'shit danger!' But, as other women have said, there's then a moment of clarity, it could hubby/friend/child/animal. To get up, get a gun, go into a room, aim and then fire repeatedly would give plenty of time for that clarity. To not shout out, even though he couldn't be sure it was an intruder strikes me as odd. To not hear reeva shout out after being shot in the hip, and to shoot a further 3 times also strikes me as odd.
I think your stance really depends in what you regard as a serious threat to your life. Enough to justify taking another humans life. Does a sound in a bathroom really justify such a reaction?

I am not following the story but some do it as a habit, I accidentally turn on the light on my way out in the day time. Can be half asleep doing it too.

Is the case still ongoing? Haven't heard anything for ages!

xo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"