Who has gotten carpal tunnel?

TwoRdue

Reaction score
I have over the past two on weeks and its so painful that I cant even butter toast.. I was told that it will go away after birth but am finding it hard to deal with as well as the dead leg and shooting pains..
My hands are so stiff its hard to open and close and have lost all strength. Anyone else have this and any ways to help with the pain?

i have it and did with my first son its horrible i doing know anything that can ease it sorry im just suffering with it not long left it does go straight after baby is born

I'm having it on and off, and it's horrible. Ironically I work as a hand therapist and see patients with Carpal Tunnel Sydrome regularly at work, but it's different from how I expected it to feel in that that horrible, heavy feeling is right up my arms rather than just down towards the hands as I expected it to feel. Will have more empathy with my patients as a result - I have literally cried a few nights when I can't sleep and just feel miserable! Not much you can do about it really - splints may help by stopping you from bending your wrists forward when you are asleep, as this increases the pressure on the nerve. The majority of people who get it during pregnancy find it resolves either quite immediately after birth, of over a few months, but a small percentage are stuck with it unfortunately. If that's the case and it's bad enough to warrant it, they can do surgery to decrease the pressure on the nerve, but hopefully it'll not come to that for either of us! :hugs:

I had it through my pregnancy, its horrible! Like a pp suggested you can wear a splint at night to help. Mine didn't go away & I had surgery when lo was 5 months. It was no where near as bad as I thought and the pain disappeared! Try to not use text & computers too much, my doc said it makes it worse.

I had it, I wore splints at night, they kinda helped. It took weeks to go away after birth, but its gone!

I had it so badly with my first baby... I wound up using a brace on my arm to keep my hand/wrist still because the pain would shoot up my arm, to my wrist, and into my fingers. I always felt better after using the brace all night. The pains went away as soon as I gave birth. Such a weird symptom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->