Who has stopped progesterone?

Amygdala

Reaction score
I'm around 15 weeks and have reduced my progesterone suppositories from 200mg to 100mg over the last week. Technically tonight should be my first night of not taking it. Tell me it'll be fine?

Hi,
I took 3×400mg of cyclogest progesterone pessaries, estrogen tablets, Clexane and a progesterone injection. My doctor told me to stop all the above at 13 weeks without weaning. I was terrified to just stop but everything seems to be okay. I am still on 75mg of aspirin. If your doctor has told you to stop they must think you are ready even though it is a worrying time xx

Thanks for your reply! So glad to hear that things have gone well for you. Sounds like you've had quite the journey. Here's to plain sailing from now on!
I'm nervous partly because I don't have a doctor watching this pregnancy. I'm in the uk and considered low risk. I've had previous losses which for various reasons I believe could be hormone related but I've never managed to get anyone to check. With my early loss, I asked my GP to check progesterone because of various symptoms but she told me I was just being anxious. I miscarried a week later. So I suspect there's a connection but I have no proof really. I was put on the progesterone, as well as baby aspirin, by my gynaecologist in my home country, as a precaution for any future pregnancies. But since I'm not there, she can't monitor my progress or do bloods.
I know all the official sources and all the research I could find says it's perfectly safe to stop at the end of first tri. It really is just nerves I think, another milestone to tick off. And of course once you get into second tri, the stakes are so much higher. We've told family now and seen baby on ultrasounds and if things went wrong now, it would be so much more devastating than earlier on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->