Who have you told?

pb921124

Pregnant with baby #4
Reaction score
After TTC #1 for 7 months. I just got my BFP yesterday with a squinter, and confirmed it with a CB digi today. Now that I see the words "pregnant" on the screen, all I want to do is send a picture to my BF, sister, and mom. However I know how early it is and the chance of a miscarriage... so I ask...

Where are you at in your first trimester? who have you told? and when?

Would love to see how other people battled with holding in the joyous news!

Congratulations on your BFP!!!!
I'm on my third pregnancy (2 prev miscarriages) and have always told our parents and siblings straight away! I tell the people that I want to share good news with and also those who would support me if/ when it went wrong!
I'm so glad I did tell them as otherwise I would have had to say...oh I was pregnant and now I'm not! They were a great support to me!

I'm 10+4 now and so a few close friends now know also....I won't be making any announcements until at least 12-13 weeks maybe longer.

Do whatever you feel comfortable with but don't feel like you 'can't tell' just because of old tradition of waiting until 12 weeks xx

Congrats!! :)

I'm 5.1 weeks. :) I told the groups I'm a part of and few select friends a few days ago, since they were the most supportive after our second trimester loss. Family will find out after 28 weeks.

Thanks, Ladies! and congrats to you both, as well!

That's where I think I'm headed too. I will need the support of all three if things go south.

I never thought of that, but Laurans I think see your point. I would rather have them know from the beginning than have to fill them in before getting their much needed support.

Sticky beans for all of us!!!:cloud9::happydance:

Only a few people know, our parents and siblings, a few close friends, and some random people like my bio teacher (I'm taking a lab class and wanted to make sure it was safe), husband's colleagues (I don't know any of them yet as we just moved here), and one of my bosses cause I came in late because of morning sickness.

When we first found out we didn't tell anyone for a while because we were pretty scared since I had a mc in May.

We'll be doing some sort of an announcement later on, maybe in a month or two, to put on facebook and such.

Congrats! I'm at 5 weeks right now and we told my brother (who is my best friend) the day we found out. The day after that is when I told my sister, bro in law and parents and a select few friends, I was just so excited that I had to tell people!

Only husband and babyandbump friends know. Im really close to my family (aswel as DH) but we just haven't said a word yet :shrug:. I would of normally ran to mum first but laying low for now, will tell her after her holiday at 9-10w - will then tell siblings after 12w scan xx

We haven't told anyone yet. At first I was dying to tell people, parents, friends, siblings, but that just wore off, and after seeing the scan and hb a few days ago I want to tell people even less. It seems that now I know it's real I am freaked out, shocked, and if I tell other people it will definitely be real! For now I'm planning on going another 2 weeks before telling our parents, I will tell one close friend whenever I feel like it, which I don't for now. I think a few of those very close to us will be annoyed we waited to tell them (given that we know since 11-12dpo), but I just don't feel like mentioning it at all yet.

I don't want people fussing at me and treating me differently so that's probably influencing it quite a bit.

5+3 here and have told my mom and my closest friends as they will help me out childcare wise and support if I need it xx

6+3

I told my mom the night I found out. Hubby told his mom & son the same night. I told a couple of friends, but hubby & MIL can't keep their mouths shut! They are telling everyone! I can't get them to stop. It especially makes me mad that MIL tells people. She even told my best friend before I got the chance to!! I understand hubby is so excited and that's great, but MIL has no right to be telling people. I really wish she would stop. My mom told my brother, but I haven't told my sister yet. I'm not sure if mom told other family members, but I wouldn't doubt it if she did.

Only 3 people at work know, although I'm pretty certain our HR VP knows since her son was my nurse the day I went in for a confirmation. I'm still not going to officially tell HR until after my 1st trimester.

Our immediate family knows as well as a few very close friends. And both our works know due to trips to the er

DH, a bunch of ladies on BnB, our 18 month old son, and two random strangers last night at a big consignment sale (asking one about her double stroller, the one was the checkout lady, when checking out double stroller).

We had a chemical in June, so we were waiting a bit to tell. Also, MIL has been an absolute ass about us having more kids, so we are holding off on telling her. I will tell my younger sister very shortly (she knew I was in the TWW, and she can count two weeks...). My older sister is struggling with LTTTC, so I don't want to rush and tell her. My dad is very ambivalent about DS, so I am not stressing about when we tell him either

Also, I'm being laid off from my job at the end of November, so no reason to tell the boss/office either. Although I probably will, because I'm friends with my boss and stuff.

HI
I have told my sister and my boss. I will be 12 weeks Monday so telling everyone else next week im guessing.

Can't wait, keeping this secret is so so hard!!! Good luck and happy and healthy 9 months to you!!!!

After TTC #1 for 7 months. I just got my BFP yesterday with a squinter, and confirmed it with a CB digi today. Now that I see the words "pregnant" on the screen, all I want to do is send a picture to my BF, sister, and mom. However I know how early it is and the chance of a miscarriage... so I ask...

Where are you at in your first trimester? who have you told? and when?

Would love to see how other people battled with holding in the joyous news!

I am 5 weeks and 3 days. I have told two co-workers (one goes to the same RE and was trying at the same time) and thats it. Its killing me to keep the secret but last time I told too many people and it didnt go well. This time I am promising myself that I will keep this a secret at least until week 11

I'm 7 weeks and have told both sets of parents, siblings and our daughter. Also my two best friends and hubby's best friend knows. Will make an announcement to everyone else after our scan :)

8 weeks & no one knows! I'll tell parents at 12 weeks, we will tell DD a bit later (or maybe other way round?) Then rest of family much later x

Earlier this year ... I spilled the beans and it turned out to be a misscariage. I was devasted and blasted everyone in a group text with the news :( It was the worst feeling to deal with my sorrow plus have to tell everyone it was a no go.

This time around I just told my mom, and sister, since they were the two that helped me after the D&C and cooked for me and were there with me and hubby.

7w5d
Ive told my mother. Im visiting her in a different state than I live and so therefore I am staying with her and made it a week without saying anything but when I was asked if I wanted a glass of wine I kind of went off ans well thats how. She found out. Other than her its just my son and mil dont really know when or how I want to tell dad and sm yet.

Hi hun,
I am approx 4 wks with baby number 2 only just found out yesterday so far there is just hubby, my sis and my friend that knows im dying to tell mum and dad though but trying to hold out till I have had my first scan (which will probs be around 6 wks due to medical problems)
Sweet x

Well so far my husband and my best friend know.... I'll tell my mom sister and niece (who's 18 and we're really close) on Saturday. I did tell the manager at the restaurant I'm tell my family at because I already knew her and wanted help making plans!

We bought mommom and poppop tee's and when they come in (hopefully this weekend) we'll tell his parents and then his grandmother and aunt.

We may end up making the rounds this weekend but it may just be my family this weekend and his next??? We'll see!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->