Who is leaving there xmas shop till Dec?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shazney22

Reaction score
I have got my LO some pressies, every family member most of there pressies and still got to buy stuff for my OH some stuff and put money in cards. Plus pay off my xmas tree, get cards etc. I still do not feel very organised and it looks as if I am going to be doing the majority of my shop in Nov/Dec when am usually close to finish in October.

Is this a bad thing or good thing? I rather be shopping next month :dohh:

I've got a few bits and pieces and am ordering a few bits next month, but I want to do the smaller bits and stuff for DH in store in december. I want the decs up in the shops and Christmas music blasting. And the chill in the air. And to go grab a hot chocolate for a break and hear everyone talking about Christmas and getting excited. I haven't been able to do this for years as I don't drive and don't get regular buses out here andhave had limited time with 3 school runs a day. This year theres no mid day run and no nosy children. ds4 is too young to know.

I purposely leave some presents to get in December as I like to shop when all the decorations are out and the Christmas music is on.

I hope to have the girls mostly done by December but will likely leave a lot of family and stocking stuffers 'til then. Otherwise I'd end up buying anyway from the temptation as I love to be out and about in the shops that time of year.

I always do Callum's early because otherwise I panic :haha: but I mainly do the shopping for relatives in december so I will be waiting until near then too

I'm putting off shopping for Lucas 'til December, just because he changes his mind so bloody much! What he likes now might not be what he likes come Christmas, I can't keep up with him :dohh:

I'm like DanielleM though, I set aside some of my budget to shop nearer to Christmas, it makes it more festive :)

I usually leave most of it tell December, but I'm hoping to have most of it done by then.

Everyone thinks I'm crazy for starting shopping in summer but I just feel a lot less stressed when I know it's done and I don't have to budget for it anymore. If I had more money and could buy without a strict list and budget then I'd happily leave it until December.

The thought of leaving it until December leaves my blood cold lol. I like to be almost there by December with maybe a few bits to get, it is the crowds, the queuing and the ignorant people I cannot cope with. We always have a shopping day close to Christmas when it is Christmassy but this is usually a potter type day when I don't need to worry and panic buy. We usually choose somewhere nice like Durham York or Harrogate where the shops are less mainstream and usually pick up stocking bits and foody bits

The thought of leaving it until December leaves my blood cold lol. I like to be almost there by December with maybe a few bits to get, it is the crowds, the queuing and the ignorant people I cannot cope with. We always have a shopping day close to Christmas when it is Christmassy but this is usually a potter type day when I don't need to worry and panic buy. We usually choose somewhere nice like Durham York or Harrogate where the shops are less mainstream and usually pick up stocking bits and foody bits

York?! You must be mental! :haha: I love it there but I have been all of once at Christmas and no exaggeration, we could barely move for the crowds. Never, ever again.

York?! You must be mental! :haha: I love it there but I have been all of once at Christmas and no exaggeration, we could barely move for the crowds. Never, ever again.

Aww don't say that love York and we go regularly but never been at Christmas that was this years choice trip to York, stay in hotel and have a night out and then over to Leeds on the Sunday, bang goes that idea then. I once went to York when they had the most massive market in the square I have ever seen them have I had to get out of there :nope:

Aww don't say that love York and we go regularly but never been at Christmas that was this years choice trip to York, stay in hotel and have a night out and then over to Leeds on the Sunday, bang goes that idea then. I once went to York when they had the most massive market in the square I have ever seen them have I had to get out of there :nope:

Oh no I'm sorry I feel awful now! I didn't realise you'd never been, I just thought you were brave to have gone at Christmas. You could try a weekday, or go in late November, to try to avoid the crowds a bit? But yeah it truly is a nightmare. We went in early December three years ago when LO was tiny and it literally took us about two hours of struggling through crowds to find a single seat on a bench in which to sit down and feed LO.

If it isn't too far then Manchester has amazing markets and the bigger streets mean you can actually move about.

Aww bless you I was only kidding :flower: no not done it before at Christmas so think will avoid as I can struggle in crowds (sometimes absolutely fine and then other times I can go into meltdown without warning), think I might just do Harrogate again as that is lovely at Christmas and still close enough to Leeds (which I am literally only going for one shop so not so bad if I need to get away) :flower:

If I left my shopping until December I'd be doing it all the week before Christmas! I have to shop for Christmas when I'm off work during the school holidays, and when my daughter is at nursery, so my opportunities are limited! I plan to get it all done in October half term.

I try to have a good chunk done by December but it is nice to go shopping when it is decorated with music and lights on etc
Although these days as soon as we get bonfire night out the way it's full on Christmas mode in shops xx

I generally start in September/October for the kids (after I get over their birthdays :rofl:). I just pick up stuff as I go along and find it on sale generally :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back