Who is right? Me or the doctor?!

xJessie91x

Reaction score
Can I have some help please?
I thought I was 3 weeks 4 days pregnant. I had a positive digital 1-2 weeks on Saturday, I went to see the doctor today.
He has said that he thinks looking at when I last finished my period I wouldn't be showing on a test yet and he believes I conceived the month prior and I didn't have a real period making me more than 7 weeks. He said if I did conceive when I think I did at least I will be having an earlier scan which is great but I'm sure I'm right and not him. 😂 What do you think xx

Attachments

• IMG_4971.jpg
    IMG_4971.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 54
To me it sounds like you are right, I'm surprised he said that. Because if you were 7 weeks pregnant, then it shouldn't say 1-2 weeks. Weird!

I think you. I also used the same app to get pregnant absolutely loved it! But my chart looked mostly the same. I don't understand why he thinks your last period wasn't a period. You very well could be showing on a test if your implanted early. My last period started oct 5th and by oct 31st I was positive. Like a blaring positive. When I took the digi it was nov 4 and mine already said 2-3 weeks and that was the day I should have gotten my period.

I think doctors are just of the opinion that you get a positive test 2 weeks after you conceive. It's relatively uncommon that women do get a bfp before their period is due, mainly because most women wait until they are late before testing - I often think it seems like most women do this because we read on forums, but the majority of mothers to be don't use forums so our opinions are probably skewed. If your doctor is older, maybe they qualified and were trained before the far more sensitive tests were around and digis were not invented.

What they said ^^^ it sounds like the doctor is of the opinion you only get a positive on 14dpo, his reasoning doesn't really make sense I'd go with what you think or if he insists get him to send you for a scan, they'll be more accurate and bring you back when they can actually do a proper dating scan (10-13 weeks usually).

I got a BFP with my first at 3w5d I believe, doctors use less sensitive tests so they usually do not show positive til 4+ weeks. You would have a 3+ weeks on the weeks estimate one if you were 7+ weeks!

This is why I never bother to make a doctors appointment before I'm a good few weeks pregnant.

Some just don't get it.

Doctors can be very rigid in their thinking and rarely take the time to research newer tests and their sensitivities etc (and honestly they've enough to keep on top of so I don't blame them)

I was told 'not possible' when I got my bfp this time. Af was 1st, had a very positive test on the 24th. Yours is about to be proven wrong just as mine was. Congrats!

Also keep in mind that most doctor's are using the average 28-day cycle with ovulation on day 14 as a hard and fast rule. This is mostly because all the tools and literature they have to fall back on uses this. If you're not a 28-day cycle, you're going to hear some strange things about dates for a little while. Rest assured, everything will smooth out by your 12 week ultrasound, as measurements are quite accurate by that gestational age, and all this speculation based on LMP will be tossed out.

I think the dr isn't thinking how early tests are now! I also found out i was expecting on day 24 of my cycle (3 weeks and 3 days) i have 24 day cycles so I probably find out 3-5 days sooner than someone with a 28 day cycle. If he took your bloods your numbers will be extremely high if you are 7 weeks compared to 3 im guessing x

I definitely think you're correct and not your doctor. My earliest BFP was at 7DPO, so at 3 weeks along on the dot. I've never used a digital, but my dates have never been wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->