• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Who is telling when they go into labour?

gills8752

Mum of 2 Girl
Reaction score
Thought it might be interesting to see what everyone is doing when they go into labour. There are a lot of girlies concerned with family getting in the way when they go into labour.
I for one am not telling anyone when I got into labour (only my oh and the hosp! lol)
When I'm home, washed, dressed and feeling like I can handle bubba then I'll be telling people I've had her and they can come see her. No one is visiting me in hospital as they won't know i'm there! hehehe. No matter how much they bug me leading up to the due date. Hubby's threatening to put a message on the answer machine along the lines of "hi, if you are calling to see if she's arrived yet, you've made a big mistake. every second of answer machine message you leave will incure you a 24hour delay in seeing our daughter. now f**k off and leave us alone like we asked in the first place! thank you!" :haha:

What is everyone else doing?

if my waters break i have to go STRAIGHT in, So just be a case of dropping my sister at her friends on the way and me and mum going in, she will text my brother once im on the ward and he will come home for my sister and they will visit afterwards. I guess my mum will text my aunt and gran while im in labour and i might tell 1 or 2 people, but they arent coming to the hospital. And then afterwards i dont think anyone is visiting the hospital, Will just see people at my house afterwards.

lol i was trying to get your bug of my screen thinking it was real

ill be telling my mum and oh as there in the room with me, my oh's mum will be told but asked not to come up the hospital as she sticks her beak in way to much lol and i dont want people in the room right after ive given birth for the simple fact that i dont wannt to be hasseled and i want to bond with my soon for a few hours before people come to see him...

im not teling anyone but oh will guess im in hospital

I'm not sure how long we'll leave it until we tell family that I've gone to hospital or in labour, I'd like to wait as long as possible but someone will need to pop to our house to let the dog out for a widdle!

There is a possibility I'll be induced on or just before my due date, we've not told anyone this & if it happens we still won't tell as I know everyone will be phoning/texting etc the night before - which will only make me even more anxious.

I know families mean well but sometimes....

xxx

Im really hoping to keep it between me and OH. I dont really want family waiting outside popping there heads in every 2 seconds. I also want a big of time after birth to bond with my son, with my OH. I very much doubt this will happen espically as step mum works up the hospital - so she will let dad know, then if my dad knows but mum doesnt it will cause arugments.. lol.. nightmear

Ill be telling everyone because I figure I will need the prayers that they will be saying with me delivering two!

i am telling my three best friends and my sister and maybe my mum but she aint fussed. Hubby will want to tell his family but i dont want to tell them i have had bubs until a good hour after i have had him/her so like the rest of you, we get some bonding time.
xxx

i will tell my mum, and obviously hubby will know, and once i know baby has arrived hubby will tell his mum!

I have so many people tell me that they want to be the first to know, cheack! We will tell who we want to know in whatever order we feel like! anyone that says that gets moved down the list lol!

Thought it might be interesting to see what everyone is doing when they go into labour. There are a lot of girlies concerned with family getting in the way when they go into labour.
I for one am not telling anyone when I got into labour (only my oh and the hosp! lol)
When I'm home, washed, dressed and feeling like I can handle bubba then I'll be telling people I've had her and they can come see her. No one is visiting me in hospital as they won't know i'm there! hehehe. No matter how much they bug me leading up to the due date. Hubby's threatening to put a message on the answer machine along the lines of "hi, if you are calling to see if she's arrived yet, you've made a big mistake. every second of answer machine message you leave will incure you a 24hour delay in seeing our daughter. now f**k off and leave us alone like we asked in the first place! thank you!" :haha:

What is everyone else doing?

hahaha love it.

the only people who will know i've gone into labour and who will have an active part are my parents... we're using their house as a stop between our house and the hospital as it's closer. x

I really wanted it to be just me and OH who knew, but because we have no way to get to the hospital, I've decided my Mum can know (as she'll be giving me a lift there!) but she's agreed to head straight home, and she knows we don't want visitors at the hospital.

My MIL is a whole other kettle of fish!! My OH wants to tell her wen I go in (purely as my mum will know) but she's the type to turn up at the hospital even if we say not too. I'm hoping once in labour my OH won't go against my wishes!!

We will then text friends and family once he's here, but advise we want no visitors at hospital but we will let them know when they can visit.

The grandparents and aunties, and uncles can come to the house once we are back, then friends will have to wait a good few days!

We aren't telling anyone until Flump is born.

LOL Gills - your definately on my wave length!!

We'll let my family know first when bubs is here - as my family are the nice supportive ones!

OH's family will find out if they can be bothered to ask!

In terms of the labour and birth - for us its gonna be a special thing for me and OH at home and I'll have far too much to be concentrating on than texting or phoning people....

When it comes to having visitors it'll be when 'we' say not when others impose on us!

The first person of cause will be DH follwed by my parents, would love my mum to be at the hospital if possible. DH's mum and rest of the family will be informed once baby makes an appearance. I really don't mind family visiting if for e.g. I will be in hospital for a few days. If I am only in hospital for 1 day no point family visiting I rather they visit when we get home. I don't want any friends visiting so soon though :lol:

We have decided not to tell anyone when i go into labour, we will just let people know when little one is here safely. Our family live quite a way away so hopefully that will prevent ppl getting straight in the car and driving down during my labour and we would have got plenty of time with LO before any gate crashers arrive

We will only tell MIL, and only because she will be the one looking after our other children. At least if shes looking after the others she cant come up the hospital either :haha:. xx

Im new to 3rd tri but this is something I have never thought about. I think I will tell my mum, she lives 300miles away, so no chance her getting in the way, but she can at least try and sort holiday out so they can come down.
I think hubby will tell his parents too, but they live 25m away, and Ive already told him I dont want anyone at the hospital, as hopefully it will be straight forward. I dont even want anyone there after, as they can come visit me at home a couple of days later, let me get to know my daughter first :thumbup:

My MW team now do this labour thing where they will either sit with you at home until your ready to go to the hospital, or meet you there if you are close. So that will do me.
Im going to have to have a good think about this and make sure hubby fully understands my feelings on the matter :winkwink:

well i cant really see why you would tell anyone who didnt actually NEED to know until after the lo arrives, its not like they can come in anyway until you are settled on the ward during visiting hours, my dh will just be calling after the lo arrives
however whoever is looking after the kids will NEED to know

I will tell my mum as she is coming with me and DH. I will either need my dad or my sister to look after my other little boy so they will know. I think it depends really what time of the day or night i go to the hospital on, lucky enough visitors can only get to the ward at visiting times which is good, so i guess when the baby is here my hubby will let his family know and my mum can do the same.

We're telling my mum (and therefore dad, sister, and aunty), MIL, and FIL. FIL isn't coming down though (well, he hasn't been told he can, and OH and him only see each other once or twice a year, so I assume he's not), and MIL said she'll come and visit whenever is best for me and OH. Which is lovely.

My family, on the otherhand, are likely to be braying at the door, but I really don't have any choice. Even if I asked them not to, they still would. Plus, they need to be told so that they can come and make sure the cat is fed and watered if I'm in for a while; she doesn't like being on her own for too long, and I really do fuss that cat something rotten...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"