Who is telling when they go into labour?

Ill be telling....everyone...haha. "everyone" being my immediate family (mother who will tell my younger sister and my elder sister who will inform her husband) and my close friends plus I will be telling the lady who owns the yard where my horses are kept as she will be looking after my horses for me for a few days when I go into labour/'first have baby so thats a necessity...she needs warning! Plus I will be annoying everyone on BnB about it too :) On the other hand OH wont be telling and of his family...long story.
Fortunately my friends and family arent the types to constantly ring or to drop round whilst Im in labour, they respect our space and privacy...no doubt I will be sending texts to my friends and older sister throughout and for as long as I can will be sat online posting :)
Not sure Id cope well with friends and family that had so respect for my home or my privacy!

Our plan is to not tell anyone until after the babe is born and we've settled in with him.

I feel that there should be a bit of special time with just the three of us. I can't handle the thought of a bunch of anxious people waiting to barge through the door to get a hold of our little prince... when we haven't had enough time to soak him in ourselves... ya know?

Not to mention the fact that having a room full of anxious people on the other side of the door while my legs are spread open and I'm pushing our little one into the world freaks me out. :flasher:

Depending on what time it happens over here, I'll probably ring my mum in Australia, not like she's going to be able to pop up to the hospital! :lol: However if its the middle of the night over there then I'll wait until Oompa is born.
Otherwise no one.. just me and OH... and my BnB journal stalkers of course! :haha:

Thought it might be interesting to see what everyone is doing when they go into labour. There are a lot of girlies concerned with family getting in the way when they go into labour.
I for one am not telling anyone when I got into labour (only my oh and the hosp! lol)
When I'm home, washed, dressed and feeling like I can handle bubba then I'll be telling people I've had her and they can come see her. No one is visiting me in hospital as they won't know i'm there! hehehe. No matter how much they bug me leading up to the due date. Hubby's threatening to put a message on the answer machine along the lines of "hi, if you are calling to see if she's arrived yet, you've made a big mistake. every second of answer machine message you leave will incure you a 24hour delay in seeing our daughter. now f**k off and leave us alone like we asked in the first place! thank you!" :haha:

What is everyone else doing?

I`m doing exactly the same I don`t want any visitors in Hosp. I just want me and OH to enjoy the experience of meeting our baby together without interferance or advice from the "Know it alls"The moment i know i`m in labour i`ll let OH and the hosp know and we will both switch off our phones.:happydance:

I am soooo glad I am not the only one feeling like this. I am going to let my sis know purely as she is looking after my son, and as she lives at home then my mum n dad will know too. I have already told them that nobody is visiting till I feel up to it & no visitors at the hospital till after we have all bonded, and my son has met his bro/sis & spent quality family time, just the 4 of us. MIL is hinting that she will be stright up, so having to keep telling her not to set off till we say its ok.!! I am going to let my hubby tell her when we go into labour, but then confiscating the phone off him till after the birth or she'll be txting for updates, and hubby will feel obliged to update her. I have no intention of him being able to discuss how flaming dialated i am etc. If he kicks up a fuss then he has 2 options - go with it or not be there himself! Sounds mean, but I can't be doing with the extra pressure of people knowing and waiting for news.

In one way, I would love to wait until after he's arrived (hopefully, please) safe and well before we tell anyone as I don't really want them worrying (MIL confessed that she couldn't sleep when SIL was in labour cos she was so anxious and I don't really want to cause that) BUT

DH works for family, so if I ring him telling him he needs to come home he'll have to tell them, and I don't want our close family finding out from them so I guess we'll have to tell most people before they do. Other thing is that she works at the hospital where we'll be going, no doubt she'll be banging down the door, I want grandparents to be the first to see him, not them.

Hurry up baby and come before Monday as they are on holiday till then!

I'll be telling my mum and that'll pretty much be it!

Can totally understand some people not wanting visitors. With Lucy, she wouldnt settle at all in hosp and the only times she slept was during visiting hours when I had to be up to see everyone, it was horrible!

Not making that mistake again! x

i've made this mistake already this pregnancy - when my waters went at 36 weeks I announced it on here and got all the good lucks, then DH put it on facebook so the family knew and I text my best friend and my mum took my son overnight - only to find out it was only a hind water break and that it resealed and the fluids replenish and you carry on being pregnant! how dumb I felt, but having soaked 3 huge maternity pads and having it gush down the loo I thought that was it! When it happened again a week later i didn't say a word to anyone.

Knowing my luck it will happen for real and I'll just be sitting there thinking another false alarm! so no not telling anyone til I know for certain it's the real deal......

I would love it if I could tell no1 and just go hide somewhere and give birth like a cat does, and just tell people afterwards! Will have to tell O/H and my dad as they will be taking me to hospital.
O/H on the other habd has already told me that his mum, dad, brother, sister in law etc etc would all like to be waiting in hospital ready for the second i pop! I'm hoping he'll be too caught up with bubbs to be phoning every1 and that we can have a good few hours to bond with baby 1st.
I would prefer if his family waited until i was home and rested as that is what my family has agreed to do.

I'll call my parents while OH calls his. We will tell them not to come upto hospital until things have progressed or i've nearly had her. I don't mind people visiting aslong as i get an hour or so to myself with just LO and OH first.

We don't have any family nearby, so there's really no point in telling anyone.

Interesting to see we have a good split either way here.

God the thought of having anyone there is the one thing i dread about labour! lol :haha:

we will have to tell whoever is looking after our daughter, which will either by my mum or mil - but thats all and will tell everyone else once bub is here (probably tell both mums i expect thinking about it, wouldnt want one feeling left out)

Depending on day of the week, will depend on who is told for looking after amber first.

On way to hospital i shall inform my family who cant come to me anyways they live 4hrs drive away, i am close with them.

Once at hospital and checked to see how dilation is going, OH will probably be informing who ever has amber first, she may have to go to another family member if going to include a night over.
Then he'll be informing his grandparents if hasnt already.

No doubt if i get a chance quick FB status update to let friends know that its finally happening.

When i went into labour with amber... in early stages i only spoke to OH once. I totally forgot about him, we lived 4hrs apart, pain was only thing on my mind. I texted him informing him i was at hopsital how far i was, next time i texted him was when she had arrived with a pic. He never told his grandparents i was even expecting till few days later lol

i'll be telling everyone!!
well... need to let a girl at work kno coz she is feeding the cat so she will let work ppl know. obv need to tell OH, need to tell my mum who will let that side of the family know, will tell OH's mum who will tell her whole family!

we are restricting visitors at hospital tho, just our parents and OH's brothers (he has 4 tho!) and giving them specific times they can visit as we want to spend the first couple of days alone as much as poss!

then once we get home... oohh the fun will begin!

My mum will definitely know, she'll hopefully be with me as well as OH. So my sister will know too. And probably my grandad. OH will prob ring his mum to tell her but she's 3 hours away and prob wouldn't come up for a few days anyway. Not sure about friends etc, depends how long I'm in labour for I guess xx

We are having a home birth (fingers crossed) so I don;t want to many people knowing or they may be sat outside the house!!!!!

Will tell our folks and brothers but won't contact anyone else will leafve that to the family to do. Once all is done and we are ready let the messaging begin!!!!

I say this now but I just know that we will be so excited even if it is 2am we will be on the phone the rest of the night telling the world!!!

Can't wait I just can't wait!

xx

Defo don't want my mum there - love her to bits but this is something between me and hubby!

xx

I'll be too excited not to tell people!I'll tell my mum, who will inform the rest of my relatives (we're all very close and I don't mind them knowing), but none of them will turn up cos they all live several hundred miles away! DH will probably tell his family. I don't mind if they want to visit us in hospital after I've had the baby as long as they don't stay too long. Think DH's mum is planning to come stay in a local B&B for a few days once the baby comes and we're home. She has offered to come round to cook and clean for us so that we can spend all our time bonding with the baby. I think my mum is also hoping to come down for a few days to help out. Neither of them are particulalry interferring and have said how we raise our child is our business and it's up to us to find our own way of doing things, so their presence doesn't really concern me. I think it's nice they want to help. What does concern me is that I work on the hospital site in a building joined on to the maternity unit and my colleagues have just assumed that they'll all be popping over for a visit once I've had the baby. Think they've asumed this as it's what happened when another colleague had her baby (seriously- within hours of the birth!) although she didn't seem to mind at all. Hmmm...maybe I could just keep it quiet and then pop in for 5 mins to say hello with the baby before heading home?

Sorry, that was a bit long!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->