Who is WTT but not......

mommyB

2 boys and a girl
Reaction score
doing anything to prevent? My DH and I are waiting till Jan. but I am not on BCP, no condoms, just pull out method. Which I know is not 100% effective. Has anyone ever gotten pregnant doing this? Just curious.

Lots of people have got pregant doing this as precum can still contain sperm. We did it for a month but then i was late and OH freaked out so were back to comdoms

I've heard of lots of women who have become pregnant that way (just hop on over to the Unplanned Pregnancy board and alot of them were using the pull out method as BC).

DH and I are basically doing the same thing though. Since I stopped BC and he's dragging his feet about using condoms again (we used them before we got married and before I was on BC) because he absolutely hates them.

He's been on a work trip for the past two weeks but he's coming home in two days :)happydance:) I'm going to explain to him that a possible side effect of pulling out can be pregnancy and see what he says. He may say "to heck with it" or he may be like "where'd I put those condoms" lol. I would be fine with either decision :thumbup:

I am on my last pack of bcp now, (although OH doesn't know it yet). I'm guessing we will go back to pull out method as OH isn't one for condoms if he can avoid it.

But we're in a good position if accidents do occur and I don't think OH will ever come out and say "hon, I'm ready, let's start ttc... bring on the fertility monitor" if anything we will only every be ntnp with me secretly monitoring ovulation on ff or similar.

xx

we've been doing various things since July, mainly tracking ovulation and not using condoms once we know ovulation has occurred and then condoms all other times.

Hopefully from now on we are not going to be using condoms but after my next AF, if I haven't lost much weight then hubby is going to enforce the condoms again! x

We are also not trying but not preventing. Just avoiding the most "risky" days.

Oh and I are using the pull out method, but Im not gonna lie, He is a bit slow on the "pull-out" part. If he forgets or something or something else happens though we will see it as a blessing as we could be ttc right now.

Because we know that we are planning to start in January, we are doing nothing to prevent it. And we hate condoms, so this has worked for us for the past 4 months with not getting pregnant. If wouldn't be a bad thing though, lol. The only reason we are waiting till Jan. is because DH is not ready yet.

Our first baby girl was a result of the pull out method.

We are exactly the same MommyB!!

We use the pull out method and im surprised that we havent got pregnant yet! We do try and avoid the 'risky' days, but generally, we don't make much effort to prevent at the moment...

Bring on January!

We are exactly the same MommyB!!

We use the pull out method and im surprised that we havent got pregnant yet! We do try and avoid the 'risky' days, but generally, we don't make much effort to prevent at the moment...

Bring on January![/QUOTE]

:happydance: :dance: :happydance:

If only I could make time go faster....I want to zip through to our Christmas holiday and take it from there!

Me too! I can't wait for January to come, gosh the year has gone by this fast already, I'm sure it will be here before we know it. You know, this website is really great. Because outside of here, I have no one to talk about this stuff to, besides DH. I don't want my family to know when we are going to start trying, so I'm glad I have you girls to talk to. Thanks ladies. :)

I'm in the same situation. DH and I aren't going to tell anyone about anything until I fall pregnant and am 12 weeks along (if I can hide it that long). I can't even talk to my sisters about it because I know they will blab! So I love being able to talk do you ladies about it. :friends:

I know, I keep thinking up all these great ideas how we will tell our families. I have to do something extra special for my MIL, because this will be her first grandchild, and she has been bugging us for years for a grand baby. LOL,

Ours will be the first grandchild on both sides. I've already thought of a way to tell my parents and am really excited about it. I asked DH how we think we should tell his parents and he just shrugs and says "I'm just going to tell them." Gah! Men! :wacko: So now I'm trying to think of a cute way to reveal the news to his parents....unfortunately it will have to be done over Skype because they live in England so I'm limited in what I can do.

Oh we all have so much in common already! I love it.... I am from Australia and I live in UK so most of my friends who are settled with babies are over there.... so I am the same, no one to really talk to about this!!

I was thinking of putting skype on and sending through a photo of the 'POAS'!!! to my parents... I have decided that we will tell my Mum and Dad as I am very close with them and couldnt bear going that long with keeping a secret from my Mum... :) Plus, I do think, that if something happens it is nice to have support from loved ones... rather than being alone.. (both for me and FH) Hope that makes sense!

Hopefully by February we are all coming up with fun ways to 'announce' the news!!!

I know, it's actually kind of crazy how similar our situations are!

We have agreed to wait until about 12 weeks or until I am showing to tell anyone. I'm paranoid about an mc, and the sadness of other people on top of my own would be too much for me. I think it's something I'd rather suffer alone with DH than with anyone else...does that make sense?

I've already posted this, but this is how we plan on breaking the news to my mom and dad: my mom used the same 'going home from the hospital' outfit with each of her four children--she has a picture of each of us in it in our carseats. It's a little footed onsie with pandas on it (mom loves pandas). I know that she has kept it and it's in her chest upstairs. I just want to go to Sunday dinner like normal, sit down to eat and say something like "Mom, do you still have that panda outfit that we all wore when we came back from the hospital?" And when she says yes I want to say "do you mind if we borrow it? We will need it in *insert month baby is due*" And wait to see how long it takes her and dad to get it :haha:

I really have no idea how to break it to DH's parents. I guess we can use visuals with Skype but I really don't know. I was thinking maybe just saying "Do you think you'd be able to take time off and come visit us in *insert due date month*?" And when they ask why tell them "to meet your first grandchild!"

AWWW.... That sounds sooo prefect LadyofRohan!!!!
Gave me goosebumps!!! :)

We are not trying not preventing because I wouldn't mind losing 10 more lbs.

I am in that NTNP category as well...but mine is a bit complicated. You see we are not preventing as we are not using any source of Birth Control. No BCP, no condoms, no pull out method, no timing. We are also not trying because he lives in another province until January so we actually do not have sex!! lol...
I went to see him 2 weekends ago and we tried but it wasn't the right timing. Maybe next time I go see him (if I go before he comes home in January) it will be the right time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->