Who is WTT but not......

i wish my DH would let us use this method. He is terrified of it (although we both want kids) so he is making me get back on the pill:( I have tried explaining to him that I dont like having hormones in my body and that if we avoid my "fertile days" than we should be fine, but he just isnt buying it..

oh well, at least we will be on the same page this summer. i can go as baby crazy as I want, whoo hoo!!

yeah me and OH are just using the 'pull-out method' and occasionally nothing at all, waiting till feb, but both would be happy if it happened now :) i secretly think he's just scared and wants it to happen now as much as i do! :)

i wish my DH would let us use this method. He is terrified of it (although we both want kids) so he is making me get back on the pill:( I have tried explaining to him that I dont like having hormones in my body and that if we avoid my "fertile days" than we should be fine, but he just isnt buying it..

oh well, at least we will be on the same page this summer. i can go as baby crazy as I want, whoo hoo!!

That's too bad he is making you go back on the pill, I just told my husband. May (this past one) is my last pack of pills. I am not going to renew them. I just told him that usually they say you need the pill out of your system for like 6 months. I know they just say that, and you can totally get pregnant right after going off. But that was my way of getting out of the pill. LOL.

I know, it's actually kind of crazy how similar our situations are!

We have agreed to wait until about 12 weeks or until I am showing to tell anyone. I'm paranoid about an mc, and the sadness of other people on top of my own would be too much for me. I think it's something I'd rather suffer alone with DH than with anyone else...does that make sense?

I've already posted this, but this is how we plan on breaking the news to my mom and dad: my mom used the same 'going home from the hospital' outfit with each of her four children--she has a picture of each of us in it in our carseats. It's a little footed onsie with pandas on it (mom loves pandas). I know that she has kept it and it's in her chest upstairs. I just want to go to Sunday dinner like normal, sit down to eat and say something like "Mom, do you still have that panda outfit that we all wore when we came back from the hospital?" And when she says yes I want to say "do you mind if we borrow it? We will need it in *insert month baby is due*" And wait to see how long it takes her and dad to get it :haha:

I really have no idea how to break it to DH's parents. I guess we can use visuals with Skype but I really don't know. I was thinking maybe just saying "Do you think you'd be able to take time off and come visit us in *insert due date month*?" And when they ask why tell them "to meet your first grandchild!"

Awww, that is so nice. I am sure they will love it. This will be the 1st granchild on my hubby`s side and the 3rd on my side (brother and wife had twin girls this past June). My idea for telling our parents is, to frame a picture of the ultrasound in a I love my grandparents frame or something. Maybe if they have a frame that holds two pictures we will put a picture of our dog on one side, lol, because she refers to him as her grandchild. That is my idea so far.

Oh we all have so much in common already! I love it.... I am from Australia and I live in UK so most of my friends who are settled with babies are over there.... so I am the same, no one to really talk to about this!!

I was thinking of putting skype on and sending through a photo of the 'POAS'!!! to my parents... I have decided that we will tell my Mum and Dad as I am very close with them and couldnt bear going that long with keeping a secret from my Mum... :) Plus, I do think, that if something happens it is nice to have support from loved ones... rather than being alone.. (both for me and FH) Hope that makes sense!

Hopefully by February we are all coming up with fun ways to 'announce' the news!!!

Isn`t it so exciting to think about, I was watching this baby show today, and when they were handed their baby for the first time I totally cried.

think i now fall into this catogory, i was put back on the pill last week but its made my headaches return and have had to finish it, OH detest condoms so i will be keeping track of my cycle and avoiding :sex: around my most fertile period.

think i now fall into this catogory, i was put back on the pill last week but its made my headaches return and have had to finish it, OH detest condoms so i will be keeping track of my cycle and avoiding :sex: around my most fertile period.

Hi Tudor Rose

Why did you get put back on the pill? If you are having problems and trying to regulate your cycle, maybe you can look into some of the more natural alternatives.. these would be much better for you. I personally am very Anti BCP!! I don't believe with messing with hormones and i only see a homeopath and she sorted mine out for me within a month of taking a remedy....! :) I know that you can get things like 'Vitex' from health food shops that are good for regulating cycles and are recommended for pre-TTC......

Just my thoughts of the day for you!! :) Hope you dont mind,.....

Oh we all have so much in common already! I love it.... I am from Australia and I live in UK so most of my friends who are settled with babies are over there.... so I am the same, no one to really talk to about this!!

I was thinking of putting skype on and sending through a photo of the 'POAS'!!! to my parents... I have decided that we will tell my Mum and Dad as I am very close with them and couldnt bear going that long with keeping a secret from my Mum... :) Plus, I do think, that if something happens it is nice to have support from loved ones... rather than being alone.. (both for me and FH) Hope that makes sense!

Hopefully by February we are all coming up with fun ways to 'announce' the news!!!

Isn`t it so exciting to think about, I was watching this baby show today, and when they were handed their baby for the first time I totally cried.

I've been watching the baby shows on the health channel as well. I always tear up when they give the baby to the mother for the first time! I'm such a sap....lol.

SimplyRhi--which items to you recommend from that skin product line that you use? If my skin starts acting up and I can't find anything in the states to handle it (I've never had luck in the past with it), I may pick some up at the pharmacy when I'm in England over the Christmas holidays!

Hi LadyofRohan...

Unfortunately the products are online only... :) BUT..... I just called her and she delivers to the US, so you could do that, or order them to be delivered here for Christmas...? I Ordered on Monday and recieved it on Wednesday and she always includes a freebie!!
I get the 'Liquid Soap Cleanser' 'AHA Toner' 'Protective Day Cream' 'Nourish & Repair Night cream' and the 'blemish treatment' - bear in mind that they are all concentrated so the products go a very long way!!!! I always get the small size and it lasts me for at least 4 months!

Hope thats helpful! :)

I am ntnp too!

We should really be waiting untill December, as thats when the redundancies will be out of the way at DH's work (fingers crossed they dont get him!!), so i've come off the pill (as they say you should 6 months before) and am taking pregnacare to get my body all ready!

We :sex: without a condom a couple of weeks after, no pull out method or anything: and i made him fully aware of the possible consequences! lol! We sorta flit between condoms/ no condoms: depending on OH's mood! Im most likely to get him to go without condoms after a few drinks! lol!

I actually said to him the first time we had unprotected :sex: "This means that we're not purposefully trying, but we're not preventing either!" N he seemed to think that was twisted logic, n that ur either trying or ur not! So i asked him which 1 we're doing..... and he didnt know!!! :rofl:

Hi LadyofRohan...

Unfortunately the products are online only... :) BUT..... I just called her and she delivers to the US, so you could do that, or order them to be delivered here for Christmas...? I Ordered on Monday and recieved it on Wednesday and she always includes a freebie!!
I get the 'Liquid Soap Cleanser' 'AHA Toner' 'Protective Day Cream' 'Nourish & Repair Night cream' and the 'blemish treatment' - bear in mind that they are all concentrated so the products go a very long way!!!! I always get the small size and it lasts me for at least 4 months!

Thanks!!! I'll definitely keep this in mind if my skin starts acting up--I'm actually quite paranoid about it now! :shrug:

Hi LadyofRohan...

Thanks!!! I'll definitely keep this in mind if my skin starts acting up--I'm actually quite paranoid about it now! :shrug:

I hope I didn't make you paranoid about your skin :sad1:. Hopefully yours doesn't turn out like mine did. But I guess when your hormones are changing like that it is possible. I figured that having a baby is more important than my skin, so I'm just going to let it run its course and see if it clears up on its own. I figure it has to once my hormones get back to normal. Don't stress about it, stress always makes our skin worse.

Hi LadyofRohan...

I hope I didn't make you paranoid about your skin :sad1:. Hopefully yours doesn't turn out like mine did. But I guess when your hormones are changing like that it is possible. I figured that having a baby is more important than my skin, so I'm just going to let it run its course and see if it clears up on its own. I figure it has to once my hormones get back to normal. Don't stress about it, stress always makes our skin worse.

I'm just paranoid because my skin has always been a problem. Even when I was on BC I'd have horrible breakouts once a month. Actually right now my skin is absolutely perfect--not one blemish *knocks on wood*. Maybe it will keep up!

I'm not stressing to much about it, don't worry :hugs:

Hello everyone!

I have used the pull out method for a year and half and never got pregnant. We decided TTC in August, and I got pregnant straight away! Had a MC last saturday afetr 8 weeks and 5 days, and I want TTC again now... :) Is is too soon???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->