Who normally spots before AF ...please help

Loulou888

Reaction score
Hello,

I would really like your help/advice/opinions please. I had a miscarriage in March at 7 weeks. Been trying ever since so now on cycle 3 since it. Currently on 9dpo. I always seem to spot a few days before AF. Normally for about 3 days. Has anyone spotted before AF and still got a bfp? I'm Getting so confused with the spotting. In January when I fell I had pink when I wiped on 9dpo then nothing until I missed me period.. Last month spotting seemed to also start on 9dpo but this is only when I checked internally (did not happen when I wiped) and this continued until a few days before AF and then it was brown when I wiped (tools a while to come out on its own if that makes sense). I also had slight pains. This month I had pink creamey cm on my knickers and that was 8dpo. So different from last month a. Because it came out on its own without me checking and b.a day earlier than ever before. Today not much had come out at all. I done a internal check and it was brown and 2 lil spots of red. I'm also getting the sharp pains on my left hand side. Is there anyway this could be implantation.. Or has anyone still spotted for a few days before AF and still got a bfp? So sorry if this is confusing, it's difficult to explain and it's really starting to stress me out :-( x

First of all - try and calm down. Stressing is only going to make it worse!

Second - I have never gotten a BFP, but as someone who spots 2-3 days before AF every cycle I've done a lot of research on it. Most women who normally spot before AF said the cycle they had a BFP they didn't spot at all, but there were a few I came across who said they spotted as usual before their BFP. So it can really go either way.

Are you temping to confirm when ovulation was? there is a chance that you ovulated later than you thought and the spotting is coming right as usual.

First of all - try and calm down. Stressing is only going to make it worse!

Second - I have never gotten a BFP, but as someone who spots 2-3 days before AF every cycle I've done a lot of research on it. Most women who normally spot before AF said the cycle they had a BFP they didn't spot at all, but there were a few I came across who said they spotted as usual before their BFP. So it can really go either way.

Are you temping to confirm when ovulation was? there is a chance that you ovulated later than you thought and the spotting is coming right as usual.

Hello, thank you :) I know I should just find it so difficult, work is also very stressful at the moment and I know that won't help things either :-(. I don't temp as I move about a lot in the mirth and wake up to go to the loo so I never a solid sleep. I do however use the opks straight after AF, I eventually start to get a faint line then I will get very strong ovulation pain for 2days, this's usually occurs after my opk line has become equal. I've been doing this for over a year now. I always then have a 14 or 15 lutheal phase. Do you think I can reply on this? It's good to know you have read about it going both ways though. How long have you been trying?

Hi. I've always spotted a day before AF. It's always the same..dark brown with some bright red. Never pink that's for sure. This month I had no spotting but I blame the HSG I had a few wks ago.

My only suggestion since you don't temp is just to follow your calendar. Cycles tend to change. Maybe you'll start to notice a pattern? Sorry this isn't much help, I wish you luck amd lots of :dust:

:)

I usually spot and didnt. But, I did have implantation bleeding, which was more like the end of my af. It was mucusy and brownish pink, it was once when I wiped.

I think it depends on why you spot. I have a cervical ectropian which makes me spot before af, and I spotted just the same before getting a bfp for both pregnancies!

I always spot before AF. I didn't with this pregnancy. I have never experienced implantation bleeding. I really didn't think I was pregnant last month, although we've been TTC since January, because I had no symptoms other than cramping. Knock on wood, still no morning sickness here either, which is very different from my other two pregnancies.

Thank you all for your replies that's helped. For those who normally spot spot but didn't but had implantation bleeding how could you tell the difference? My spotting always looks like the end of af.. Some brown and occasionally pinky bits...?

Hi has gone both ways for me. With previous both pregnancies i spotted at 8dpo. Had mc too in Nov & since thn been 4 cycles ttc again first cycle trying again i spotted at 8dpo & continued until 12dpo & af came. Next spotted at 9dpo & af came 3 days later, following cycle spotted at 11dpo & af came 13dpo. Same this last cycle. I think bodys getting bk to normal hopefully as before mc i usually would spot just a day before af.
If you got spotting at 8dpo could go either way have you tested? X

Hi has gone both ways for me. With previous both pregnancies i spotted at 8dpo. Had mc too in Nov & since thn been 4 cycles ttc again first cycle trying again i spotted at 8dpo & continued until 12dpo & af came. Next spotted at 9dpo & af came 3 days later, following cycle spotted at 11dpo & af came 13dpo. Same this last cycle. I think bodys getting bk to normal hopefully as before mc i usually would spot just a day before af.
If you got spotting at 8dpo could go either way have you tested? X

Haven't tested yet didn't want to get my hopes up. Af due Tuesday. Does your spotting happen when you wipe, or are you having to internally check? Last night mine look more like watered down blood but today it's brown. I'm sure before mc I used to only spot 2 dad before af so maybe my body is just getting aback to normal?

hi hun, i had a chemcial pregnancy last march. it changed my cycles from an average of 27-28 days too about 24-25. i bascially ended up spotting and cramping for 2 days before and was heavy and loosing alot of tissue/clots.

in september after 6 months of this i went to the drs as my breasts were leaking etc too. she put me on mercilion and i took them for 3 months until december 2013.]

anyway my spotting has pretty much stopped.i am every 25 days still but there alot lighter.

i got a faint positive 2 days before my af yesterday so i may be pregnant.

but in january i got 2 very strong positives one day and the next all my tests were negative and i came on as normal.

it has deffo made my cycles unpredictable.

id advice you to get a phone app called period tracker.

it has symptoms and you track when your cycles start and end. you can track ovulation and type in notes so you can look back and work out whats going on.

my last 6 cycles have been 26 25 24 25 24 26 days so they do vary abit. xx

hope this helps

hi hun, i had a chemcial pregnancy last march. it changed my cycles from an average of 27-28 days too about 24-25. i bascially ended up spotting and cramping for 2 days before and was heavy and loosing alot of tissue/clots.

in september after 6 months of this i went to the drs as my breasts were leaking etc too. she put me on mercilion and i took them for 3 months until december 2013.]

anyway my spotting has pretty much stopped.i am every 25 days still but there alot lighter.

i got a faint positive 2 days before my af yesterday so i may be pregnant.

but in january i got 2 very strong positives one day and the next all my tests were negative and i came on as normal.

it has deffo made my cycles unpredictable.

id advice you to get a phone app called period tracker.

it has symptoms and you track when your cycles start and end. you can track ovulation and type in notes so you can look back and work out whats going on.

my last 6 cycles have been 26 25 24 25 24 26 days so they do vary abit. xx

hope this helps

Thank you :) I use fertility friend and have been tracking my spotting since Han but it really does vary. I always have a 14 of 15 days lutheal please as well. spotting varies, sometimes it will make its own way out and sometimes I would have to check for it. Today's at 11dpo I have no spotting and I have done an internal check Nd there is not one bit. Where as last month I had pink spotting whilst doing an internal check. Last month I had brown spotting when wiping on 13dpo and 14dpo then nothing 15dpo then came on the day after. So hopefully by Saturday and Sunday I will have some clearance. I'm not going to test until Tuesday when I'm due on if AF doesn't arrive. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->