Who originally came up with your baby's name?

Sparky0207

Mummy to 2 gorgeous girls
Reaction score
Noticed there are loads of names threads and so was wondering how everyone decided on their baby's names?

What are your chosen names?

Did you or OH choose them? Or both?

How/why did you choose that name?

Are you set on the name or do you want to see the baby first and then decide for sure?

I'll go first!
Lucy Imogen for our little girl. If she had been a boy, his name would have been Thomas.

We each wrote down 5 names that we liked, Lucy and Imogen were the two that appeared on both lists.

We were going to have Imogen as the first name, but my nan really wanted us to call her Lucy so when my nan died we decided to swap them round

Are you set on the name or do you want to see the baby first and then decide for sure?
Set on Lucy, Imogen could still get changed for a different middle name.

Thanks all!

It's Grace Bethany :)

I chose Grace, he chose Bethany

I just liked the name. Jason had a dream her middle name was bethany

I was set on the name, I don't actually think she looks like a Grace though lol

sorry for gatecrashing 3rd tri again!

My lo's name is going to be Zane William Andrews

ive always loved the name Zane so that was my choice, OH hated it now likes it.
Middle name is william after his dad (its a family thing)
And Andrews is my OH's last name:)

I just really hope he suits it lol

Helena Grace or Helena Brooklyn (I can't decide). If she had been a boy, his name would have been Elliot Richard.

I have liked Helena since I was 15, lol. It never crossed my mind for her to have a different name, it is just her name. OH likes it. We made a list of other names as well just for fun, but Helena remained at the top.

I decided almost 10 years ago to name my future baby Helena, lol.

I'm set on Helena, and the middle name could be anything or nothing at this point. I don't like middle names, they are hard!

I have a "K" name in mind for female and male...waiting till after my scan to discuss the ideas with DH as he refuses to talk about names till we know girl/boy!

I thought of them hehe but i know he'll have a say once we get down to talking about them seriously!

The female name was a name a friend thought up for a book he is writing and i fell in love with it :) the boy name was though up after long thinking we need a male K boy name (DH wants all our babes to have same first letter names!)

not set on them at all :blush: haven't discussed them properly with DH so until then it's all a secret!

I'm keeping them a bit close to my chest the nearer I get to the birth! lol But for the boy, it's the name of a poet, and for the girl, it's an unusual name kind of natural rather than traditional (you know, like Summer, or Skye or something but not those!)

We sort of jointly chose the boy's name and I thought of the girl's name but DH liked it most.

For the boy we've had the name for years! An idle late night conversation in bed one time thinking about what names we might like for kids. Just seemed like a good name. For the girl we'd been struggling to find one we liked for ages and I was thinking about words that could be names while I was walking the dog. Just sort of popped into my head and DH loved it. Took me a while but I like it now!

Set on them unless baby simply doesn't look right with that name but we'll be stuck if we have to change as we've no back-ups!

Penelope Noelle

Me, Adam despises it with a passion

Does anyone remember when Hanson came out with that song Penny and Me like...4 years ago, 5 maybe? I heard that song and everytime I thought of the name Penelope and I completely fell in love with it. Noelle because my good friend's name is Noelle, and she's going to be born in the Holiday 'season' so I'm putting it in there.

I'm pretty much set on it, the only thing that deters me from it is that I get a negative reaction from a lot of people.

Girl: Dylan Lorraine
Boy: Alexander Calvin

DH decided on both first names and ironically I chose the middle names. DH always chooses the first names and seems to come up with the best ones. He has chosen all three of our pets names as well. :rofl:

Alexander is DH's deceased grandfathers name and Calvin is my father's name.
We like Dylan because it is different for a girl and Lorraine is my deceased grandmother's name.

pretty well set on the boy name and pretty close to being concrete on the girl.

DH wants all our babes to have same first letter names!

Samo, My friends mum did the same thing-she had 6 children, and all their names began with the letter 'C'. . . there was

Chrissie
Chelsea
Chloe
Charlie
Courtney
and Cerys

I think its a very sweet idea :)

Ty

We both chose it really , it was the only boy name we both liked instantly

We liked the name after watching extreme makeover home edtition and the guy on there names Ty, we loved it ever since

We are set on name :)

DH wants all our babes to have same first letter names!

Samo, My friends mum did the same thing-she had 6 children, and all their names began with the letter 'C'. . . there was

Chrissie
Chelsea
Chloe
Charlie
Courtney
and Cerys

I think its a very sweet idea :)

We're wondering if all our middle names will begin with M. Mine is May and DH's is Michael. We're using May if we have a girl (after my Godmother, same as me) so are wondering if we should use an M name for the boy too! DH and I have the same initials so if post doesn't say Mr or Mrs on it we just have to open each others! lol

Tyler something for a boy or Abbey something for a girl, but im convinced its going to be a boy.

none of us had a clue, so i looked some names up on the net, wrote them down then ran them past OH until we found one we both agreed on.

It stood out more and would sound better than most of the others did with my kids name.

pretty much set, i havent heard any more that i like as much as them.

Lola-Rose Elizabeth

Did your OH chose then? Or both?
Her dad chose Elizabeth,I chose Lola-Rose.

The two of us agreed that I'll choose the first name and he'll choose the middle.And we won't meddle in to each other's choices.
So he chose Elizabeth because he loves the name,he thinks it's nice and classic.I chose Lola-Rose after a lot of thinking.My favourite bool is called Lola-Rose and I simply loved it.

No.this is it.Set on it.
To mee she is Lola-Rose,I really think it fits my little girl!

Marley Vegas

OH chose them.

I was having a hard time finding a name that OH and I agreed on. He brought up Marley Vegas and I said no. Fast forward a couple months later, we still haven't agreed on a name and I was like "how about Marley Vegas?" OH nearly lost it.

I'm definately set on the name, unless she turns out to be a boy. The we may have to tweak it a bit.

What are your chosen names? We have chosen London Elizabeth for our little girl.

Did you or OH choose them? Or both? I guess both.

We went through hundreds of names but really liked London from the start. I think I suggested it, and he just agreed. :) Elizabeth is for my grandmother but he also really liked it.

We are pretty set on the name!!

Its Riley James for a boy and Emily Louise for a girl

I chose them but he really likes them too

I seen the name Riley in a birth announcement and loved it and thought Emily was a really cute girly name

Set on Riley not 100% on Emily though

Ava Catherine

I chose both of them - her Dad is not involved so didn't see why he should help choose

I had a dream when I was in first tri that I had a little girl and she was called Ava. I knew since then that'd be her name. I didn't know any Ava's in real life, only from celebs using it so I instantly fell in love with it. Catherine is in honour of my Gran who I was very close to, who died last year.

100% dead set on it.

Girl - Neve Beatrice (which we very strongly feel she is)
Boy - Mason Arthur

We wrote a list and narrowed it down so both of us chose really - slightly more me though as I was the one pushing to choose, lol.

Beatrice was my Nanna's name and Arthur was OH's grandad. Neve I just think is really right somehow and we couldn't find an M or K name that was nice enough. Mason is my fav. of 3 M names we liked as we wanted the same initials and my OH is called Matt.

Pretty set on Neve but it could possibly change. If it turns out to be a boy he might end up as Milo or Miles instead.

leyla-grace for a girl and something thomas for a boy, im not set on a boys name yet

i chose them both, he doesnt like any of the names i pick and doesnt have any choices of his own so were using mine haha

well leyla is because i always loved the name and with me being half turkish i wanted a name that is recognisable in england and in turkey, grace is my nannas name and i always said i would give my daughter the name

thomas is both mine and my bf's grandads name and i always said i would name son after him, it just looks better now cos bf's grandad has the name too haha

im dead set on the names ive picked yeh, just need a first boy name

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->