Who wants to join my NO PROGRESS club?

musicmomma

Reaction score
I'm 39 +2 and I have pretty much made no progress since 37 weeks when the OB started doing internals. I am 1 cm dilated and baby is very high and my cervix is still very thick she says. In other words she said my cervix is "not favorable" and may have to be induced. But she also said you never know! Ugh, anyways, I have my last appt on Monday which is my due date and if I make it to that appt they will schedule me for my induction. My OB doesn't allow people to go past 41 weeks. Which is fine with me as I was induced at 41 +1 with my daughter and had an okay experience and normal vaginal birth. I am just kinda disappointed that I won't be able to go into labor naturally. I would really love to avoid being induced just to have that experience and not go to the hospital so soon before labor begins.

Anyone else stuck and not making much progress?!

Well dear if there's almost 2 weeks until that induction date when you're 41 wks, don't count yourself out! A Lot can happen in that time! ( I was induced at 41 1/2 wks too, so I know that those last weeks are horrible) but you just never know, something can change overnight.. I would think you still have hope to possibly go into labor on your own! I have heard things can change in an instant for second time ( or more ) births, and that lots of times baby doesn't even engage until labor! So you never know. Really hoping it happens for you :) ( if it happens for you, it would give me hope.. Lol)

I was examined at 40+1 and was told my cervix wasn't favourable and that it would be at least another week before I had my baby and I likely would need induced. The next morning my waters went. I was examined and was told, again, that my cervix was still high and firm and gave it a score of 2 out of 12 on some scorecard. I was told I'd likely have to be induced if I didn't 'go into labour naturally within 48 hours'.

My son was born less than 2 hours later :haha:

I'd say definitely take it with a pinch of salt :) What's happening with your cervix right now means nothing, it can change VERY quickly!

Oh yeah...and he was only 1/5 engaged at that same examination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->