Who was/is scared for 12 week scan?

Teri7489

Proud mummy
Reaction score
I have my scan booked for the 17th where I'll be 12 weeks, but I'm too scared to go! I have very little in the way of symptoms and since I miscarried in October I'm extra scared. I keep dreaming I go for the scan to be told the baby died weeks ago even though I listen to its hb every other day on my own Doppler. I then convince myself it's not babys hb it's something else. Argh! Anyone else been like this? Xxx

I was so terrified I didn't want to go at all! I'm sure you will be fine, best of luck and enjoy it, your meeting your baby for the first time :) x

Mine is in 4 hours and I'm so nervous! The fact that it's Friday the 13th is only adding to my apprehension, even though I know it's a sily supersition. I had some spotting 2 weeks ago and ever since have been worried about a MMC. Just praying that all is well. Good luck to you on the 17th!

Siobhan, I hope it goes okay for you this afternoon :)

Teri, can really empathise with you. I'm so scared to go in case it is a MMC or just something very difficult/sad. Mine's not for another 3 weeks so sure my anxiety is only going to get higher!

It's really reassuring that you have heard the HB on the doppler but I know what you mean about then not believing etc that it is the babies heartbeat. Even though I have found my babies heartbeat and it is around 164BPM, I still can't quite believe it's the babies and think "nope, can't be that". Though realistically not sure what else would be that fast when mine is 90ish!

Hope it goes well for you xx

Teri - I'm exactly the same! I have my first scan the day after you, and although I have also found baby's HB on my doppler I am still excited and petrified in equal measure for the 18th. I have recorded the HB, counted the beats at 168bpm and so I know deep down it just has to be the baby...but I still can't let myself believe it! I am sure this time next week we will be over the moon, with lovely scan pictures as our avatar...and will then be worrying about something else :)

I am also nervous for my 12wk appt. It is a week out. I am terrified they won't find hbs or they will find one and not the other. I have a feeling we will all always be nervous for that next appointment :/ I don't think it can be helped! I hope it goes well for you ladies!

I'm feeling the same. Since my last pregnancy i was told i have PCOS. The dr's have refused to check my hcg or progesterone levels so i'm scared that something could have easily happened to the baby before 12 weeks gets here as i know it's high risk. I have no symptoms and it worries me :(

Mine is also on the 17th. I had a scan at 6w4d but nothing since then. I also don't own a Doppler. I am so so nervous! I do still have symptoms though, and what seems to be a growing belly. But I've also had a previous loss, so naturally I'm worried.

Good luck with your scan. I'm sure everything will be great :flower:

I am terrified to go for my scan next Friday. I had a scan at 7 wks and baby was measuring behind a week with a heartbeat but have had nothing since. I have been trying my doppler all week but can't find a hb so I'm freaking out.
I'm trying to prepare myself for the worst but know my heart will break if they tell me baby stopped growing weeks ago.

My 12 wks scan is in 3 weeks and I'm terrified as well!!!!
I'm afraid that they will tell me my baby is gone or that there's something wrong with him/her....

I bought a doppler and find some reassurance in listening to the hb every other day.

Mines on Monday, I saw the baby ok at 10 weeks so I'm not too worried but still a little apprehensive.

I was the same with my first! And now I have all the same feelings with this pregnancy. from experience its totally normal to feel this way X

Mine is at 13 weeks & 4 days I am nervous even tho I've had scans at 7, 9 & 11 weeks pregnant still very nervous xx

It is a truly terrifying time especially if you have been through a loss. I had a MMC at 12+1 and a MC 8+4. This time I am SUPER nervous. Going for the scan in 2 weeks and 6 days when ill be 10+2 is just incredibly nerve racking. I'm so glad my ' 12 week' scan is at 10 though!!! 2 less weeks to wait... I need to get over my 8 and half week loss gestations to be able to relax. I've also brought a doppler as I want to be excited for the scan and not worry if the baby will be alive or not. Of course there could be other things but we deal with them when we come to it and those things are out of our control. :hugs: ♡♡ all shall be fine. It's just pre scan jitters which is totally normal and you'll get them before every scan in every pregnancy you ever have :)

Mothers love is to worry :hugs:

I'm so scared too. My 12 week scan is coming up in a couple of weeks, and it will be my first. I'm horribly anxious about it, especially because I had a bleed at 7 weeks. I asked for an early scan but my midwife didn't think it was necessary.
I'm worried I made the whole thing up and there won't be anything in there!

I was scared for ALL my scans, except my most recent one at 21 weeks.LO had been kicking the shit out of me that whole weekend, so I knew all was alright. Funny enough, the one time I am not scared at the appointment is when they record my lowest blood pressure (118/82). That is what I usually run, but previously visits I had been quite a bit higher.

Thanks for all the replies ladies. Glad im not the only one feeling this way, but sad that others are scared too. I hope everything goes ok for everyone! Will hopefully chill out a little after the scan xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->