Who will be in the delivery room.............

i would bring my DF and my best friend.. both were there for me when i had my m/c.. and i feel comfortable with them being there, and my best friend would be the god mother anyway :happydance:

Oh I don't know...it depends on where we are living I guess. If my mom is able to come for the some time before and after the baby is born then I thing I would like her in the room. And definitely DH but I don't know how long he'll be conscious!

well with maddi had my mum and my wonderful OH with me through out, i would def do the same next time! with maddi after 40hrs i was taken down for an emergency c-section, so i could only have james in theatre with me, and mum in recovery with us, will hopefully do the same next time as it will be a planned c-section x

My OH only I think! I have a couple of times thought about my MIL but that didn't last long! I just think she'd take over and want to hold the baby first and stuff like that!

I think if my little sister lived by me I would have her though. She's had 3 kids and I think she'd be amazing :D

So, basically, I think it would be just me and hubby :D

My OH, and maybe my mum - only because she'll understand what i'd be going through!

homebirth, and having OH, Niamh and sister there (to look after Niamh for part of the time).

ermmm...Ild have OH and my Best Friend Emma...(who is also my sister in law)

xxx

Just my DH. Love my mum to bits but wouldn't want her there really. And I certainly wouldn't want the inlaws in there!!

With Amelia, i had DH and his sister (we are really great friends), we both chose her because she didn't know much about babies and birthing etc (i thought it would be good to have an unknowledgeable person to keep the mood light) and she was also there to support him as well as me. I did want my mum but she is too controlling and it would just stress my hubby out...but next time i think i might have hubby and my mum.

Definately my DH! I don't think i'd like anyone else there so probably just DH.

The first time round I had OH and came close to inviting my mum as OH passed out at our antenatal class just talking about the birth:haha:

But so glad I didnt as I went into hospital at 8pm and put in a tiny warm examination room and was finally taken to a labour room at 2am where I got gas and air and then an epidural and rested/slept until 12 lunch time when I started pushing. OH was fab but to be honest once I started pushing I kind of ignored him and was only listening to midwife:blush:

As much as I love my mum I think I would have totally lost it with her like I did my OH at times during labour and because we are both stubborn fallen out a bit which I wouldnt want...

Next time will be OH as mum will be watching Nathan.

Emma.xx

Whereever I give birth my Oh will be with me for sure.

Just me and my OH. I kinda feel obligated also to have my mother in law there too because she was in the delivery room with my brother in law's wife (OH's brother's wife) twice. But I don't really want MIL there. And then if I have my MIL, then I pretty much hafta have my mom in there too. Aaahhh, that would be all too much stress.

Just my husband, he's already told me that he's expecting only to be there for a couple of hours...for our first baby!

I'll be having my OH (of course) because he's the daddy, and his mum :) I don't really have contact with my mum and am not close enough to my dad for him to be in the delivery room, and i think my grandma (who i'm so close to) is getting a bit too old now, so i wanna give his mum the chance to watch our child grow up right from birth. My gran is deffo gonna be at the hospital though and one of the first people to hold the baby. I'd have her in the delivery room with OH and his mum but at the hospital, you can only have two people in :( :baby:

Think it depends how confident I'll feel about the birth by then!! OH definitely, my mum would be great to have there but she doesn't live nearby, maybe one of my friends who has already had 3 kids for some reassurance?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->