Whoah! Who's this cute guy - message of hope

vermeil

Mom to 27 week wonder+DD
Reaction score
Could this be the same little guy who showed up 13 weeks early, weighing 1lb4oz? Who looked soooo tiny, fragile and dark red? No way :haha:

Isn't he the cutest thing you've ever seen? though I might be a tad biased :cloud9:

https://nova.polymtl.ca/~miadel/vincent/vincent_noel2010.jpg

I took this picture last week - he's 7 months, 4 corrected. He's acting like a normal 4 month old. Of course he has some lingering issues (mostly muscular stiffness, treated in physio) but he`s come such a long way, much further than we ever thought we would those first few weeks.

I was looking at his first pictures in a (all too common) fit of nostagia, and was just amazing to see how far he's come. his first pics are linked in my sig - glad to say I can finally gaze at them without the dread and terror I felt those first few weeks . I can now tell people calmly of the many times we almost lost him, the severe pulmonary hemorraging when he was a day old, the many times he had to be reanimated, the countless serious infections, intestinal problems, the endless cycles of breathing machines, the eye problems, etc etc etc.

Yes ladies those overwhelming feelings do eventually fade away. I`m not saying I`m 'over' this experience - I don`t think anyone ever is. I think we are forever changed by this. But the pain does ebb somewhat, gently replaced with gratitude to have been one of the lucky ones, to have beaten the odds, and to finally start enjoying life now shared with our little one

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone :flower:

Well, this post cheered me up no end. He is beautiful, what a journey xx

Oh he is gorgeous.
Doesnt your heart just burst with pride when you think how long and hard they have had to fight and they are still here making themselves known?
I bet your proud.

He is so gorgeous! Looks like he is doing so well! Congrats x

He's gorgeous. How far he has come. Congratulations. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back