whole milk = no sleep!

Lola_0106

Mum to 1 & WWT for #2
Reaction score
My son turned one yesterday, about 10 days ago we started introducing cows milk very slowly. We switched a few ounces of his formula for whole milk and as long as it was warm, he drank it. As soon as we changed he stopped filling his nappies and stopped sleeping, he was waking up for 2/3 hours each night. usually he is a great sleeper. Thinking he was constipated we went back to formula. Went straight back to sleeping through and nappies went back to normal.

Yesterday we thought we'd try again and same happened, woke up at 1am until 4:30am! Could it be something to do with his milk?

He has had whole milk in cooking and porridge since he was 6 months. He's eaten cheese every day an has yoghurt 3 times a week for 6 months and has been fine!

Cows milk isn't as nutritious as formula, but after 1yr that is deemed to be OK because children are eating enough food to get their nutrients there instead. However if your LO doesn't eat much and drinks lots of formula he may be genuinely hungry now you have switched. What is his food intake like?

I've just put a thread on cause my lo has gone exactly the same, he's been on a few bottles of cows milk hear and there for 5 days now, became very irritable, stopping dirty nappies and would wake at night screaming for hours. Switched back to formula today and gave him a little prune puree and he's been really happy today and had 4 dirty nappies. I'll keep him on formula for a week or so and try the cows milk again and if it starts to happen again then I guess it's the milk.

We carried on with the milk, heating it in warm water. After about 2 weeks he settled down and was back to normal. Good luck :)

Thanks that gives me a bit of hope, I'm leave him on formula for a week then start the milk again very slowly. I'll start to give him some prune puree at breakfast aswell so he doesn't get bunged up as i think that could also have been the problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->