Whooping cough making a come back becoz people don't vaccinate

It was in a book i have called 'the truth about Vaccines'

it must be outdated info, however from what i can gather, Norway and Sweden vaccinate at 3 months, 5 months and then not until 12 months, thats still a massive difference from vaccinating at 8 weeks, 12 weeks and 16 weeks old, regardless of how premature etc the child is.

I do agree there's a difference, thats why I prefer the schedule here, starting at 8 weeks seems too young.

I agree, there is no logical reasoning for it.

From the doctors perspective it gets everything 'out the way and done' quicker, but actually i dont think thats a good enough reason to put such a tiny child through that.

I can see some reasoning behind, like if the baby has to go to daycare at a young age cos mum has to go back to work.

so once again our childrens safety and well being is compromised due to a mother having to prematurely return to work in order to pay for our countries economic shit-storms

Not a valid reason in my opinion.

We vaccinate. I think the benefits outweigh any potential 'risks'. & I'm not going to lie, I sometimes get a bit irked with those who chose not to. I understand its their choice as its their child but what if their child got my baby sick before he has a chance to be vaccinated?

I agree with this.

I vaccinate. My girls have had everything including Swine Flu injections. I also think the benefits outweigh the potential risk.
Sometimes it does anger me when people don't vaccinate because they don't realise the potential risk they are putting on newborn babies and others that cannot be vaccinated.
I just don't and will probably never understand.

Most people I know who do not vaccinate; as I said it isn't out of principle or due to conspiracy theories but they have looked at research -and there is a lot of research out there which is NOT the discredited MMR research-and decided that the risks of vaccines outweigh the benefits, and that the protective effective of vaccines has been overstated. I was reading some research which until very recently was on a Canadian government health site, showing that rates of certain diseases plumetted in the early 20th century due to better sanitation, less overcrowding etc, long before the vaccine for that particular disease was introduced, and in some cases the rates spiked upwards briefly while the vaccine was introduced. Also the NHS advice on when it is safe and not safe to give some vaccines; totally contradicts what it is in the manufacturers own info on their vaccine. For example, extreme swelling at the site of the injection-in some leaflets it says if a child has this they should not have further doses of the injection, but the NHS says it is not a problem and they should. The same thing for extremely high temperatures and seizures. Also certain types of rashes after vaccines indicate a serious allergy to one of the active ingredients, again the manufacturer inserts do state this is a contraindication for any further doses but yet again the NHS says any rash is not a reason to stop giving further doses of a vaccine. I only know one friend whose child had such a rash whose GP said off his own back and after contacting the manufacturer that further doses could cause an even more serious reaction or auto immune problem and my friend's child should not have this vaccination (again it was the 5-in-1 one) ever again. Surely the manufacturer knows better about something they made? I am not saying all vaccines are dangerous but I believe the NHS are deliberately ignoring the risks for some susceptible individuals just so they get a higher vaccination uptake figure xx

Nothing real significant to add, just that I vaccinate fully, but do not do the boosters. I vaccinate with my heart in my mouth, terrified of any negative reactions, but for me, I feel the benefits outweigh the risks, moreso as I am African, and would travel extensively, so whereas some of these vaccines relate to diseased you wouldn't necessarily find in the west, I think its important for us.

Light worker, have you ever considered Giving a booster before a planned trip? For example if we were going to visit Liam's family in South Africa, I was thinking I might give the children a booster a few months before we left, we to have offered one vaccination but no boosters as yet, though I may offer one booster unless we are going travelling which may sway my decision somewhat x

Nothing would change my mind on vaccinations. I believe all children should have them done if they can. :shrug:

what would the NHS benefit from vaccinated our children with unsafe vaccines :wacko: Surely it would cost them more money in the longrun?

They call it 'herd immunity' it's irrelevant to them, if 5% of children are damaged from vaccines, because 95% aren't, so it's for the 'good of the herd'

Much of what I have read leads me to believe its an awful lot to do with being bloody minding and refusing to admit they are wrong about anything also.

I do agree that most people who choose to research will choose vaccination, but I think that they will delay at LEAST if not selectively vax

there is NOTHING to explain why 2 month old babies are vaccinated against diseases that even in 2nd world countries they would be unlikey to come into contact with until they were older. Vaccination at such an early age is needlessly putting children at risk, Norway and Sweden ALL wait until at least six months (which is also the WHO guidelines) before injecting their children with virus's (wether dead or live)

Most people who vaccinate do so because their doctors tell them to, people who research vaccinations AT ALL are rare, usually though, people who do not vaccinate have done so due to research and have concluded it is not right for them. You have to remember there are a lot more people vaccinating than aren't, it isn't a slight on people who vaccinate and keep themselves informed, it is just in my experience i have come across many women who have chosen not to vaccinate and not one has made that decision lightly. I have however seen literally hundreds of friends, people from playgroups, aquaintances just blindly vaccinate at 2/4/6 months old, without researching it one bar, simply because their doctors told them too.

I really don't agree with this. Either I have friends that are completely superior to the rest of the world, or this statement is just a blanket statement that you use to try and make people who vaccinate feel stupid to try and support your cause.:shrug:

They call it 'herd immunity' it's irrelevant to them, if 5% of children are damaged from vaccines, because 95% aren't, so it's for the 'good of the herd'

Much of what I have read leads me to believe its an awful lot to do with being bloody minding and refusing to admit they are wrong about anything also.

But it's not just NHS? Are you saying the entire vaccinating world is wrong? All medical bodies are wrong and are corrupt and tricking parents into getting vaccinated, and countries, like Ughanda (I use that one because I have family there) children are dying daily of diseases that shouldn't be vaccinated.

If anything i just wish people would research themselves and make an informed decision, but its quite obvious that 90% of young mothers dont do that, they just do what the doc says.

i think people do. i don't think mothers (age has nothing to do with it...i am 36!!! and i vaccinated) do know what they are doing...just because they didn't make *your* decision, doesn't mean they are dim-wits.

I am absolutely not suggesting that at all!

I honestly believe that 90% of people vaccinate because they are told too, not because they have researched it and believed it is the right thing, that is absolutely my feelings on the matter. Its got NOTHING to do with people 'following me' (what a very odd way of looking at it :S) because frankly, beyond a vague wish that my children could catch Rubella and Mumps at an early enough age to have a lifelong immunity, i couldnt care LESS if you vaccinate your children or not!!!! I just WISH people would see it less as a 'thing that happens' and more as a thing that needs proper and careful consideration.

I dont know why you are choosing to be so needlessly dismissive of my point of view just because i feel differently to you, but actually, its got bugger all to do with the conversation and lots to do with you getting rather personal and rude. Please stop it.

But your *feelings* doesn't make it fact. I *feel* that the majority of people who don't vaccinate, do not because they think it's 'cool', but that doesn't make it a 'fact'.

this is how i see it (for arguments sake)

90% of parents (or thereabouts) vaccinate at 2/4/6 months because they are told to

10% of parents (or thereabouts) research vaccination;

5% decide to vax or selectively vax

5% decide NOT to vax at all.

that still means the MAJORITY of people who do not vaccinate do not do so because of research, whereas the majority of people vaccinating, do so because they are told/assume it is the 'done thing' or that they dont have a choice in the matter.

I just wish that 10% was bigger, not necessarily that more people chose not to vax, as i have said a few times, i have vaccinated my child and will continue to (selectively) vaccinate my children. So this 'us and them' nonsense, is just that, Nonsense.

I am absolutely not suggesting that at all!

I honestly believe that 90% of people vaccinate because they are told too, not because they have researched it and believed it is the right thing, that is absolutely my feelings on the matter. Its got NOTHING to do with people 'following me' (what a very odd way of looking at it :S) because frankly, beyond a vague wish that my children could catch Rubella and Mumps at an early enough age to have a lifelong immunity, i couldnt care LESS if you vaccinate your children or not!!!! I just WISH people would see it less as a 'thing that happens' and more as a thing that needs proper and careful consideration.

I dont know why you are choosing to be so needlessly dismissive of my point of view just because i feel differently to you, but actually, its got bugger all to do with the conversation and lots to do with you getting rather personal and rude. Please stop it.

I am not trying to be rude...I just found some of your comments rude, actually...and this is the debate section, so if you are going to post your comment, then you have to assume someone is going to not only disagree, but want to debtate it.:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->