whooping cough?

bluerose

Reaction score
Ugh. Ok so my four year old has been sick for a few days now with what seemed to be just a regular cold. But now she has a fever that's lasted a couple days and a pretty bad cough. I took her to the dr. but he didn't do any tests or anything and just said it'd work itself out. Now I am feeling sick and I'm almost 38 weeks. Everything I read about whooping cough is terrible. I was wondering if anyone either has experience with it and if so how bad was it or being sick when this close to labor. Its really freaking me out. What happens if you have a sick household when baby is born, worse yet what if I'm sick? Would I even get to be around my baby? Any personal experience would be appreciated!

Have either you or your 4-year-old been vaccinated against whooping cough? (I think the vaccine is pertussis, and it's usually given in combination with a couple others). If so, that's probably not it. Could just be bronchitis or a bad cold that got into the chest. I'd try your doctor/midwife just to get checked out, in case you need antibiotics.

Not sure what happens if you have an illness while in labor, but I think I've read you can still breastfeed when you're sick, so you might be fine.

Hope you feel better soon!

I have heard that we will need to get vaccinations when baby gets here...I keep forgetting to ask the doctor about this!

hay mama i had somethng kinda similarish..after my son was born everyone in household got extremely sick with one hell of a cold and my son ended up getting it at 3 mos old i took him in and doc gave prescription for him and said it was a simple cold let it run its course hell be fine.. well 2 days later i woke up in the am to feed him and he was lethargic and kinda greyish so i called 911 and they ended up medivacing (taking in helicoptor) to major city hospital...turns out his simple cold turned into RSV which is very serious and fatal for newborns. he ended up staying in the hospital for 1 month on resperators and iv they said if i wouldve waited 1 more hour that he wouldnt have made it. it was a very tramatic thing and started from a simple cold.. now this may not happen to you but i just wanted you to know there is the possibility of this happening. please try and get better as soon as possible! or if family isnt better by delivery keep baby away from everyone till theyre better...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->