Whoops - apparently I should be paying more attention to my braxton hicks

Jennifaerie

Mummy to 1, baking #2
Reaction score
I've been in to the maternity unit today being monitored as baby hasn't been quite as active. They put me on a machine and were checking her heartrate, any movements and any contractions.

Generally I was at 10% but 6 times in the hour I shot up to 40%. She said though they are probably just normal tightenings I should keep an eye out for when I get a pattern like that or if they get painful. The ones I had at hospital weren't nearly as bad as some I've had previously :shrug:

Whoops, I get them every day and usually a few in a row but as they are uncomfortable and make me breathless rather than being out and out painful I didn't think anything of it.

As it is bubba is fine but she just said "keep an eye on those - you don't want a 34 week baby born at home" I feel bad for not realising :shrug: Has anyone else been monitored and been similar?

x

i was in early labour when i went in to be induced with ds2, was using my tens machine caus i was getting back ache with the contractions but i though they were just strong BH then they put me on the monitor and told me otherwise,
you would have though with it being my second id have noticed something more

Never thought of monitoring my BH either. Have had them really frequently since 35 weeks : / hope everythings ok xx

:shrug: I'm sure I'll notice when it happens properly - will just have to make a note of them more. I get tightenings every day, if they were doing anything you would think I'd have had her by now :haha: I do have awful period pain when not PG that makes me :sick: and are far worse than BH so maybe I just have a high pain threshold?

I had plenty of BH in my last pregnancy, and they were never worried. If they get painful or they don't stop coming, or you see a pattern (like every 5 mins) then go to hospital to get checked; otherwise don't worry. You can have lots of BH for WEEKS with nothing happening :hugs:

I tend to get a pattern but they usually tail off, but I've never timed them. When I was hooked up to the monitor the MW was concerned as they were around every ten minutes for a minute ish but they stopped after an hour and a bit

My braxton hicks were showing as 85% while I was on the CTG at the maternity assesment unit...nothing was mentioned to me at all about them :/

My braxton hicks were showing as 85% while I was on the CTG at the maternity assesment unit...nothing was mentioned to me at all about them :/

Ooh that's odd.... was there a pattern? It seemed like that was the issue she was worried about...

My print out had regular peaks etc x

Im not sure about a pattern but I had about 6 in a hour which all went upto around 85%. I think i'll ask at my appointment on Monday.

When I had to go and be monitored at 32 weeks I was having contractions that went to about 40 every 15 min or so. They were not concerned about it. I have some pretty strong ones but not to worried because my cervix was 2 cm dilated at 37 weeks and still the same at 38, so obviously not doing much.

I've been having loads today!! But mainly when I move or im active. But not really monitoring them because of that reason. When I'm laid out on the sofa relaxed I have none at all. Stupid things!! X

Sorry if seems blonde but what do the percentages mean? I've been aware of mine the last 2 days, only because I felt loads yesterday (although to be fair I hadn't drank much) and today I've got backache which comes and goes sometimes with them. I don't believe for one second its anything to be worried about, but I did start making note of length n times of mine today I must admit because it seemed odd woth the backache. Even though its all common pregnancy niggles! But anyway...saw this and didn't get about the percentages? I've never been monitored btw

Sorry if seems blonde but what do the percentages mean? I've been aware of mine the last 2 days, only because I felt loads yesterday (although to be fair I hadn't drank much) and today I've got backache which comes and goes sometimes with them. I don't believe for one second its anything to be worried about, but I did start making note of length n times of mine today I must admit because it seemed odd woth the backache. Even though its all common pregnancy niggles! But anyway...saw this and didn't get about the percentages? I've never been monitored btw

I wad wondering what the percentages are, those were the numbers on the screen x fallen I get them a lot and have to kind of breathe through them. They are quite uncomfortable and take ny breath away but partly I think its due to her being a bit on the bigger side. Ive got a generally sore bump atm anyway because she's stretching my muscles and skin a fair bit.

I think with the percentages once it hits a certain number it's classed as a "proper" contraction! When I went in contracting with Imogen it turned out only 1 in 4 was "real" all felt the same to me!!!!! Ha ha. Xx

Understand about the sore bump...mw says I've pulled a muscle/ligament under my bump which makes it difficult to walk and move sometimes...apparently its cos I'm much bigger this time round, bump is bigger than average but not by much. And he's back to nack which is probs where my niggles stem from! Hope they get a bit easier for you :)

Only 1 in 4?! I'd hate to be told that I have a very low pain threshold lol. Knowing my luck that will happen :D

Only 1 in 4?! I'd hate to be told that I have a very low pain threshold lol. Knowing my luck that will happen :D

Yeh I was so anoyed cause they all felt equally as painful! The Drs then decided to pump me full of pitocin!! I've fallen out with them big time hence I'm staying at home this time ha ha!!! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->