Whoops - apparently I should be paying more attention to my braxton hicks

:shrug: I'm sure I'll notice when it happens properly - will just have to make a note of them more. I get tightenings every day, if they were doing anything you would think I'd have had her by now :haha: I do have awful period pain when not PG that makes me :sick: and are far worse than BH so maybe I just have a high pain threshold?

I found my contractions easier to bear than my period pain, so like your MW said look for a pattern rather than "pain". My BH usually eased off within 2hrs, anything longer and my MW said to call the hospital. I had two lots of BH at 34 weeks that felt worse than my early labour:wacko:!

However my "real" labour was full of contractions I thought were pretty intense but the monitor only put them around 30-40%. But I'd had a monitor earlier in pregnancy that showed tightenings of 30% that I couldn't even feel, so I'm not sure I believe that these machines know what they are talking about:winkwink:

I've been getting 2-3 batches a day of good BH and they were getting strong causing pain in lower back and bump. At 37 weeks my cervix was closed, at 39 weeks I was soft, thin, 2cm and ready to go any day.

So yeah, I'd keep an eye on them really so you can judge if you need to go to the hospital since you're still pre-term x

hi as you say its your first surely you should be forgiven for not noticing ! i only think im having them as i have read up about them yesterday lol, and as i was looking in to it i read loads of people dont realise they are having them, if your lucky enough to be in tune with your own body than great but not everbody is that way me included ( i didnt know i was m carrying because i didnt answer yes to all the questions asked over the phone) so its easily done but if you are being monitored now you wil know whats what.:winkwink:

Id never thought to monitor my BHs! I was monitored at hospital at around 30 weeks for contractions (not BHs), but they have tailed off now. Fingers crossed they stay away hehe!! :D x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->