Whos had a sweep?

L

Laura--x

Had my midwife appt today and baby is fully engaged and ready to go :). Midwife talked about a stretch and sweep and said if i wanted one i could, she said its quite uncomfortable but could help bring on labor which is great for me with my grandad situation.

She told me to go away and think about it and if i want one to go back to her tomorrow or thursday, i know i definately want one because i want to try everything for my grandad to be able to see his great grandchild, so im going back tomorrow morning.

Anyone had one? What was your experience? Did it work? Was it painful?

x

I had it with my last son.
Mine didn't work though so very soon after(hours) they hooked me up to a syntocin drip to speed it up.
That did the trick almost right away and the contractions came fast and hard.

The sweep was bit uncomfy but not unbearable or anything.

Lots of luck and hope the sweep works fast for you xxx

never had one as my waters went then had to have the drip as contractions didn't come, but just wanted to wish you luck! hope it does something for you!!

xXx

Hiya hun!!
I havent had one but good Luck!! im gonna have a sweep tomo :) ill let you know how it goes x :hugs:

Good luck hun :hugs::hugs: Haven't had one but I'm sure it'll be fine :hugs: xxx

Hi hun, i had mine at 38 weeks exactly and, im still here (sorry)

I think when they do it early, its a little more uncomfortable as you arent as soft or as dialated

However its not too different from having a smear done, as in the position your in etc, its uncomfortable but over in seconds. I was a little sore for an hour after, kinda like when youve hada really long :sex: session :D Without the good bit

So in summary its alright, but you deffinately feel like the midwife, should have bought you a drink first :D IYKWIM !!! :lol:

Had my midwife appt today and baby is fully engaged and ready to go :). Midwife talked about a stretch and sweep and said if i wanted one i could, she said its quite uncomfortable but could help bring on labor which is great for me with my grandad situation.

She told me to go away and think about it and if i want one to go back to her tomorrow or thursday, i know i definately want one because i want to try everything for my grandad to be able to see his great grandchild, so im going back tomorrow morning.

Anyone had one? What was your experience? Did it work? Was it painful?

x

Good luck - hope it works for you :hugs:

I had one with my first it is uncomfortable but my cervix was so far back she couldn't do it tidy so after loads of rumaging and trying she gave up, I think thats why it felt so uncomfortable!

Ive had half a one today at the hospital!:rofl:

The mw said my cervix is quite far back and she could just reach it, she had a rummage but couldnt do it fully..she did say that it could be all I needed...babys coming on friday anyway!:happydance:

I had one.
Already in early labour tho & was 2cm. Was having contractions every 10mins before sweep, immediatly after sweep went to every few mins lasting over 30secs. Had my little girl a few hours later.
Not sure if i would have another as it was very uncomfortable & painful.

I didnt find it painful but it was uncomfortable, it worked within half an hour and my son was born 9 hours after that. I would deffo have one again.

I had a sweep the morning of the day i went into labour! So i guess it worked for me! It wasnt uncomfortable or painfull. Good luck!!

i had one, at 40+ 6, i finally had maddi 40+9, it wasn't painful, just slightly uncomfortable, lots of luck honey x x

So in summary its alright, but you deffinately feel like the midwife, should have bought you a drink first :D IYKWIM !!! :lol:

:rofl: Me and hubby just wet ourself at this!! :rofl: Brilliant!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->