• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who's still TTC after an ectopic and/or methotrexate?

I'm sorry about your ectopic sweetie, it's such a hard thing to deal with:hugs:

Hopefully you'll be pregnant again before you know it:flower:

Really sorry to hear about your ectopic's Schultzie & Lucie! I've had 2 so know exactly what your going through! I'm now back to TTC! The recovery waiting period really does go quick, so just try and stay positive and look forward to TTC again!
Wishing you both a speedy recovery & here if you wana talk!

Just wanted to post an update. My hcg kept rising after the methotrexate. I had another scan on Jan 22 (1 week post methotrexate) and the Dr. was finally able to see the pregnancy in my right tube. Even a week after hAving the shot, there was a strong heartbeat. :(. I ended up having to have surgery on Jan 23, but they were able to save my tube. They also found the second embryo we'd transferred in my tube as well. My dr. said never in his 26 years of practice has he seen a double ectopic after ivf, until me that is. :(.

I have a follow up with the nurse practioner Tuesday, then a follow up with the Dr. on the 19th. I'm hoping to get some answers at that appointment, namely when we will be able to move forward with an FET, as we have 6 grade a frostiness waiting for us.

I have a question, for any of you who have had a lap, how long after did AF arrive? No one really told me when to expect it.
I hope everyone is doing well!

Oh I'm so sorry Lucie, that must have been very hard for you:hugs: Regarding when your AF will show, unfortunately I do not know the answer to that, but hopefully one of the other ladies do.

Well I should probably update y'all. Three days ago OH and I found out that we're expecting again! I must admit I'm very nervous and a bit scared, but I'm hoping all goes well this time. :dust: to all you wonderful ladies who are still trying to catch the egg!

There are a number of threads on here having to do with ectopics and methotrexate, but they seem dominated these days by those who are now expecting. This is FABULOUS, and gives me so much hope! It means that most of those who have been through this have been successful. But I'm wondering how many of us are still TTC? Should we have our own thread?

Personally, I'm not quite in the TTC domain, as my HCG isn't yet down to 0. Fingers crossed that it happens soon!

Yey great idea :D I was totally confused reading the other forums about this as they were huge this is a lot easier :winkwink:

I will read through this in a minute just thought i'd say hello and lots of luck to all of you :thumbup:

Oh I'm so sorry Lucie, that must have been very hard for you:hugs: Regarding when your AF will show, unfortunately I do not know the answer to that, but hopefully one of the other ladies do.

Well I should probably update y'all. Three days ago OH and I found out that we're expecting again! I must admit I'm very nervous and a bit scared, but I'm hoping all goes well this time. :dust: to all you wonderful ladies who are still trying to catch the egg!

Congrats! :happydance:

hey gals back here again after dec. so i miscarried on dec 27th and didnt get an af until two mornings i got pains in my pelvic area and later started to sopt then the next day i was having the worst period cramps of my life mostly on the right side but i was sweeting and thought i could just pass out the pain was so bad . i went to er just for pain relief thought i was just having a very bad period since miscarriage but come to find out through blood work i am pregnant with levels at 70 hcg they said blood work looked good and ultra sound didnt show anything going on anywhere or free fluid in uterus or tubes. they said possibly ectopic normal or miscarriage either way too ealry to tell gave me dimerol and zofran and sent me home. today im just barley crampy and very sick to my stomach to the point i cant eat. i get more blood work thursday and see obgyn on monday im so worried though. this is my third failed pregnancy. im starting to be very concerned as to whats going on in there.

:wave: I'd like to come and join all of you.

I had metho in Nov to treat suspected ectopic (never found anything on multiple u/s). Took 3 weeks to return hcg to 0. I am due AF within the next few days and am now cleared to TTC.

I'm nervous and not sure if we'll try this month or wait until March. Either way, it feels pretty good to be at this point where it's ok (my dr said 3 months/2 cycles). Best of luck to everyone :hugs:

Hello to the new ladies. Sorry you have to be here. I can't believe two ectopics with IVF. I think that just made me question some fundamental assumptions about the universe. :nope: Huge :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs: to you!

Snuffles-
Congrats!!!! You and Grace both! I'm thinking super sticky thoughts!

I'm still back in the TTC category. It's too soon to know for sure, but I'm pretty positive this month is a bust. I'm giving it one more round before I go to the FS.

Hope everyone is doing well!

I'm sorry about your ectopic sweetie, it's such a hard thing to deal with:hugs:

Hopefully you'll be pregnant again before you know it:flower:

OMG Snuffles we are due on the same day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have been staying off line trying to remain calm and positive but i had my first US today and wanted to come and update everyone and give hope to those that have had ectopics and I can't believe you are preg too and due same day as me! WOW!!!!!!!

thank you. EVERYTHING WENT GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wohoo::wohoo::wohoo:Baby is in my uterus, and measuring perfectly.
7 weeks 4 days, due Oct 11th!! I am so thankful -

HB was 174 and RE said everything is great. We could only see HB, they didn't have doppler at RE so they said we wont hear HB til I meet with OB. but we could see it flickering away.

I am officially graduated to see my OB. I can't believe it. i can't believe the baby is in the right spot and all is well. :happydance:

Thank you god.

I couldn't see much as the screen was down by my feet but DH could see everything and he was talking away. "oh my god, thats so cool, are those the arms forming? is that the head, and spine? etc etc
he was loving every minute of it. and I was just thanking god over and over.

I AM SO SO SO EXCITED>

I put a call into my ob so we will see when she first wants to see me. IM SO THANKFUL!!!!!!!

7 weeks and 4 days! thats more than halfway through first trimester! thank you god!.

HOOOOOOOOOOORAY!

Woah we are?!?!?! OMG that is so awesome!!!!:happydance:

I remember seeing my baby in my uterus at the ultrasound. It was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen:cloud9:

It certainly does give hope to us all, so thank you for sharing your fantastic news!

Wishing you both a very happy & healthy 9 months!!

It certainly does give hope to us all, so thank you for sharing your fantastic news!

Wishing you both a very happy & healthy 9 months!!

i agree with u BabyBopeG, snuffles and graces success are a beacon of hope to us all who r still ttc after ectopic, i have been ttc for a long time now but never losing hope..

Hey lovely ladies

I have posted in this thread a couple of times in the past. Just to give some more hope to the other recent BFP announcements, I am recently pregnant (5+4) after losing a left tube to a ruptured ectopic 2 years ago. I conceived on my 13th cycle (in 2013...hope it's not doubly unlucky!) and just short of 12 months trying.

Weirdly for me, on the 13th cycle we hadn't really dtd much around fertile time as I was starting to become a bit disillusioned with ttc after so long. As I felt it would be unlikely to happen that cycle, I relaxed, wrote the month off and told myself the following cycle I would splash out on a clear blue fertility monitor and preseed and start monitoring ov properly (have a regular 28 day cycle, but ov varied from cd11 to cd16). I guess because I relaxed and barely bothered that month, just dtd when we felt like it, my body decided it was time.....go figure!

So just to say do keep trying girlies.....it will happen eventually.

Much love and baby dust all around xoxoxo

Hey lovely ladies

I have posted in this thread a couple of times in the past. Just to give some more hope to the other recent BFP announcements, I am recently pregnant (5+4) after losing a left tube to a ruptured ectopic 2 years ago. I conceived on my 13th cycle (in 2013...hope it's not doubly unlucky!) and just short of 12 months trying.

Weirdly for me, on the 13th cycle we hadn't really dtd much around fertile time as I was starting to become a bit disillusioned with ttc after so long. As I felt it would be unlikely to happen that cycle, I relaxed, wrote the month off and told myself the following cycle I would splash out on a clear blue fertility monitor and preseed and start monitoring ov properly (have a regular 28 day cycle, but ov varied from cd11 to cd16). I guess because I relaxed and barely bothered that month, just dtd when we felt like it, my body decided it was time.....go figure!

So just to say do keep trying girlies.....it will happen eventually.

Much love and baby dust all around xoxoxo

wow, thank u miss_kseniya, that definitely adds to our hope right now.. it seems these days more and more ladies are now getting their BFPs, im soooooooooooo happy for you hon..

Hi, havent been on this thread before but I am currently 4wks + 5 after a ruptured ectopic (left tube removed) in mid 2012. Waited a long time to try again due to other health issues, but we conceived the first month of trying (very unexpected as the stats arent as too positive when you look online) - hoping this will give hope to anyone TTC and has one tube like me! They did tell me at the time of my surgery that my remaining tube looked ok. Went for a scan today and nothing could be seen, so they have taken blood and will scan again in the coming days/weeks so I am staying very cautious until we find out if this little one is safely in the right place. This would be baby number 1, but I cant even feel excited at the moment as I can barely believe it happened so fast and right now I am mainly worried we could lose this baby as well. Xx

wow, thank u miss_kseniya, that definitely adds to our hope right now.. it seems these days more and more ladies are now getting their BFPs, im soooooooooooo happy for you hon..

Thanks :) I've had the early reassurance scan now and everything is in the right place and looking very healthy. The relief was undescribable when I saw the scan and could see thie little heartbeat flicking away on the screen.

Best of luck again ladies, your time will come xx

Hi, everyone-- it's been awhile since I've posted. My last post was in January when we were about ready to try again after my Octobet ectopic (treated with methotrexate).

Well, we did conceive in the first try. All was going well until my ultrasound when the saw a baby in the uterus with heartbeat (yay!!!) but they also noticed I had ovulated on my own TWICE (one from each ovary). Upon further inspection they thought they saw something in my left tube. :( A follow-up ultrasound showed the mass had grown and they told me they were certain it was another pregnancy.

So, I had naturally conceived twins with one finding it's way to the uterus and developing normally, and one getting stuck in my left tube (where my previous ectopic was). This is called a "heterotopic pregnancy." It is extremely rare--done said 1 in 30,000---some said 1 in 100,000!!

I had to have surgery (laparoscopic) the next day where they removed my left tube and the other pregnancy.

The good news is----my uterine baby is doing just fine!!!! I will be 12 weeks on Sunday!! My due date is October 20, 2013.

It has been a scary road, but I believe all is well!!

I wish they would have done a HSG after my first ectopic so they might have known my left tube wasn't completely clear! Oh well.

Love to you all!!

Oh congratulations sweetie! Sounds like a scary situation to be in, but I'm glad your uterine baby has survived :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->