• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who's still TTC after an ectopic and/or methotrexate?

If anyone is bored in the meantime, you could play When The Heck Did I Ovulate? Also known as When The Heck Will I Get AF? My chart continues to be a great mystery of the modern world.

I would play, but I can't view it from this phone.

I just saw an entry in her journal that said she got AF.

Thanks for the welcome ladies!

Pbl, I'm sticking firm with CD 12. I'm even more convinced after seeing your drop yesterday and rise again today. Do you chart your other symptoms or bding? Did you bd around CD 12? I know you had an hsg recently, but I can't remember when. I am attempting to upload my chart for you to look at. It's not too different from yours. I get the valley and peak look before I o, then the valleys and peaks afterward, although they are higher temps. I sometimes get a rise right before a pre-O dip, as I did this month. I heard from a chart expert once that it's a sign of a strong O to get a rise first, followed by a dip, then another rise. You seem to have that, along with a fallback rise (as I do) on your chart.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3dc93b/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart

I would play, but I can't view it from this phone.

I just saw an entry in her journal that said she got AF.
Oh, that's so sad! I know she wasn't feeling very hopeful. :cry:

Thanks for the welcome ladies!

Pbl, I'm sticking firm with CD 12. I'm even more convinced after seeing your drop yesterday and rise again today. Do you chart your other symptoms or bding? Did you bd around CD 12? I know you had an hsg recently, but I can't remember when. I am attempting to upload my chart for you to look at. It's not too different from yours. I get the valley and peak look before I o, then the valleys and peaks afterward, although they are higher temps. I sometimes get a rise right before a pre-O dip, as I did this month. I heard from a chart expert once that it's a sign of a strong O to get a rise first, followed by a dip, then another rise. You seem to have that, along with a fallback rise (as I do) on your chart.

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3dc93b/thumb.png
My Ovulation Chart
Thanks, Linds. I'll shut up about this soon. Our charts do look really similar! You've even got the few days of high temps right before the cover line. That's new for me, too--what's up with that?! Usually mine has the steep, clear rise like you see on CD17, which is also my usual O date. The HSG was on the CD10, and we didn't get in any BD before the 12th. :nope: It didn't exactly put me in the mood, if you get my drift. The only other symptom I chart is CM, and that is as you see on the chart--nary a speck of EWCM since CD10. This is the first time my chart has been so hard to read, so I've never used OPKs or any of that. I just want to see the :witch: so I can MOVE ON.

You're looking good this month! How do you feel?

Pbl – I know you must be so frustrated! I understand. My cycles have been wonky since my ep. They are just now getting back to a recognizable pattern, and it’s been almost five months since I had MTX. I know how hard it is to be patient, especially when you want to ttc and feel like the clock is ticking (I turned 31 yesterday).

I feel okay. I can barely focus on anything but ttc and the tww. I don’t really have any symptoms and like the poas maniac I am, I’ve already tested twice! :rolleyes: Obviously, bfns. I’m actually a little relieved by the bfns, though, because I got blaring positives at what I think was 7 or 8 dpo with my ep. I figure it implanted in my tube quickly and started churning out hcg. I also spotted the day I got a bfp, which didn’t happen to me when I was pregnant with my dd six years ago. So, I guess I’m reassured that, at the moment, I don’t really have any symptoms and my hpts are negative. I know I will test again at 8 dpo just to get further reassurance, but then I don’t plan on testing until at least 11 dpo, hopefully I can make it to 13!

To take my mind off the tww, I’m studying your chart! I see that you had a
temp rise before you Oed the month you got pregnant with your ectopic. You also had a fallback rise that cycle, so maybe it’s a good sign that you had both this cycle? It’s your “atypical” typical chart, if that makes any sense.:)

Alright, so I'm freaking out a bit / feeling a little bummed. Earlier when I wiped, I had pink tinged ewcm. I've been having this every month since the ectopic, but not as early as 6 dpo! I'm trying to stay hopeful and think that the temp dip today coupled with the pink cm could be implantation-related, but I'm also worried because on the day I got a + hpt with my ectopic, I also had pink tinged ewcm.

So, here's the fun loop that's been playing in my head for the last 2 hours:

It's implantation!! :happydance:
It's pre-af spotting!!:growlmad:
It's another ectopic!! :cry:

Hi, everyone!! UGH....I see we are all in angst yet again.... I'm about to get my second AF since arriving at zero later this week......I feel like time is crawling.

LINDS! Welcome! Hey, I think we have the same birthday!!>?!> I just turned 32 yesterday!! December 9th, 1980. ;) Ha ha ha.

I'm excited to TTC again, but ladies, I have to be honest, I am so incredibly scared to try again.

I still have both of my tubes...my ectopic was in my Left tube and I was treated with methotrexate.... I haven't had any tests to make sure everything is okay. The doctors just assume everything is fine.

I'm just so fearful that I will ovulate from the ectopic side and conceive and have another ectopic because my tube is messed up! :(

Do you know of anyone who had just the methotrexate and then conceived again.....even if they ovulated from the ectopic side???

I have my fingers crossed for all of you testers out there! I'm not TTC until I have my January period. :( Which is due January 11th. I have a ways to go. Ugh.

Allie just wanted to say that I had an ectopic in my right side and was terrified about o'ing from that side again and falling pregnant.. Well I'm now pregnant- had two scans and baby in right place... And... I o'd from my right!!! They confirmed it on my first scan. So just goes to show you can have a normal prgnancy even if it from the side of the previous ectopic xxx

Hi, Allie! We do have the same birthday, and we're only a year apart! Happy late birthday! I also had my ectopic on my left side, had methotrexate, and am very afraid of ovulating from that side. I didn't have an hsg either; doctors assume it was just bad luck unless I have another. I am in the tww, and I keep getting twinges on my ectopic side. So scary!

Dollybird - I'm so glad to "see" you and see that you are pregnant! Congratulations! :happydance: How's everything going?

Linds -- Happy birthday! :cake: For the spotting, I don't know how you know if it's ectopic or not when it's implanting--unless you have pain somewhere wrong--but it's a good sign for implantation anyway! If it's spotting, it's usually not pink. FX that it's option #1!!!!

Allie, :hugs: I know how you feel. It IS scary. I'm less scared of having another ectopic, as I'm just not prepared to think about that option yet, than I am of another m/c. Did you get the HSG done, too? I felt a lot better when they told me the ectopic side was clear. Before that we intentionally avoided my first post-ectopic O, since it was on the same side. As Dolly says (more on THAT in a second), it definitely can work out on the same side again. And happy birthday to you, too! I can't believe you share the same day!! :cake: :cake:

Congratulations, Dolly!!!! Hope it's a sticky one!!!

I just noticed the line about the "no tests," Allie. I'm understanding much better now (and drinking more caffeine, so I can keep up). I was planning on demanding an HSG, but apparently it's standard practice at my doctor's for anyone who has had an ectopic. I don't know what insurance you and Linds have, but is that an option for either of you? I seriously felt way, way better after it!

Thanks ladies! Everything is grand. Have had two scans and got to see my little ones heart beating away which was lovely. Still am scared that something will go wrong but trying not to worry and just enjoy being pregnant. At least I know my life isn't at risk this time round. I never had a hsg so never knew if my tube was ok or not but as it was my first ectopic the consultant felt it was a fluke. He advised trying again and if we didn't manage to fall preg in 6months of trying, or had further problems, then of course I could have one. I was inclined to agree as was a wee bit scared of the test. So although it was an option to have the hsg straight away I was happy to wait. Anyways turns out I didn't need it. This was our first cycle trying after our ectopic (we had a three month break) and I feel so blessed. Praying to God everyday that this little one sticks and I have a happy little bub at the end of 40weeks. Baby dust to all you ladies :dust: xxxxx

I just noticed the line about the "no tests," Allie. I'm understanding much better now (and drinking more caffeine, so I can keep up). I was planning on demanding an HSG, but apparently it's standard practice at my doctor's for anyone who has had an ectopic. I don't know what insurance you and Linds have, but is that an option for either of you? I seriously felt way, way better after it!

My doctor said that the test was expensive, uncomfortable and, for some, even painful. She felt it was unnecessary after just one ectopic. She said that some doctors think that it can inflame the tubes/uterus and make ttc harder for a time, even though some think it can help ttc. However, I think I would feel better if I had it done. She said that after the 3 month waiting period, if I didn't get pregnant after 6 months or if I had another loss, we'd try the hsg. I'm a little afraid of what they'd find too. Even though it would give me peace of mind, I think I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope I won't need to pursue it.

Thanks ladies! Everything is grand. Have had two scans and got to see my little ones heart beating away which was lovely. Still am scared that something will go wrong but trying not to worry and just enjoy being pregnant. At least I know my life isn't at risk this time round. I never had a hsg so never knew if my tube was ok or not but as it was my first ectopic the consultant felt it was a fluke. He advised trying again and if we didn't manage to fall preg in 6months of trying, or had further problems, then of course I could have one. I was inclined to agree as was a wee bit scared of the test. So although it was an option to have the hsg straight away I was happy to wait. Anyways turns out I didn't need it. This was our first cycle trying after our ectopic (we had a three month break) and I feel so blessed. Praying to God everyday that this little one sticks and I have a happy little bub at the end of 40weeks. Baby dust to all you ladies :dust: xxxxx

I'm so happy for you, Dollybird! I can understand your anxiety. It must feel wonderful, though, to have a healthy iup and see that heartbeat. Congratulations again! :flower:

I was really nervous about the HSG, but it wasn't bad at all. Granted I took 800 mg of ibuprofen in advance, but I only felt slight discomfort when they were dilating my cervix for the catheter. Otherwise it was no more uncomfortable than a pap smear (which is always terrible, but sort of a normal kind of terrible).

According to your cd12 ovulation prediction, Linds, I should get AF today or tomorrow. A tiny bit of spotting today, which can happen for up to a week for me, so I'm getting skeptical!!! :haha: My stupid game continues. :fool:

Anyone else getting ready for AF and/or testing??

AF finally came after teasing me by being a day late and creeping in slowly throughout the day.

I was really nervous about the HSG, but it wasn't bad at all. Granted I took 800 mg of ibuprofen in advance, but I only felt slight discomfort when they were dilating my cervix for the catheter. Otherwise it was no more uncomfortable than a pap smear (which is always terrible, but sort of a normal kind of terrible).

According to your cd12 ovulation prediction, Linds, I should get AF today or tomorrow. A tiny bit of spotting today, which can happen for up to a week for me, so I'm getting skeptical!!! :haha: My stupid game continues. :jester:

Anyone else getting ready for AF and/or testing??

I will be really interested to see if you get AF soon, pbl, as I'm sure you are, of course! I hope that I'm wrong and you o'd late and AF will stay away. If not, though, at least you can begin next cycle with a clean slate, knowing that the hsg gave you the all clear and hopefully oing at a more normal time!:thumbup:

I took a FRER today at 8 dpo and it was a BFN. I even took it apart. BFN. :nope: I'm feeling disheartened. I had what I thought was implantation bleeding and a temp dip at 6 dpo, so I thought I might be able to get a BFP today, but twas not to be. I had FRERs detect as low as 3 beta hcg when I was following my levels down after MTX, so you'd think if I did implant 2 days ago I'd have SOMETHING going on now. I figure I'm out this cycle.

:hugs: Snuffles. Might have been too much to try to get a BFP while moving? :shrug:

Linds -- 8dpo is very early. My BFP month I had a BFN on 8 dpo, and that was ectopic, so probably implanted early. But wait--you took apart the FRER???? That's awesome. Never even heard of that, and I take eeeeeeeeeeeeverything apart!

Well that cycle I didn't test or track CM. I just listened to my body and when it wanted to BD I did. Probably not the most reliable thing lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->