• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who's still TTC after an ectopic and/or methotrexate?

Hello, So I am back here again. if you remember back in march i posted my story. i gad a very faint pos after being a week late for af then the next day started bleeding very heavy and very painful went to obgyn they did blood work and my hcg was at 5.5 i repeated blood work every 2 to 3 days and hcg always doubled and trippled but progestrone was never over .04. so dr decided to use methotrexate. my levels never got above 246 and they dropped very quickly.
Well here i am 8 months later and kinda in the same boat. I got a faint pos on frer the day before my period was due. I wasn't bleeding but was having very painful cramps in my lower back so i went to er. they did urine test and it was neg so they did blood and it also came back neg so they sent me home. well the next morning i woke up to what i thought was my period. It wasn't painful or heavy like normal there were some small clots and it was bright red. back cramps were gone so i thought maybe bad test or chemical. Well a week later i break out on my chin and have this very large hunger then i start to have pain in my pelvic area mostly on left side so after laying in bed with no sleep til 4 am i decide what the heck ill take my last test just to put me at ease well to my surprise its a blazing positive as dark as it could be so i go to er again. the do exam said everything felt normal no blood in uterus , urine test is positive and ultra sound shows nothing in uterus and tubes looked good no fluid anywhere . then my blood work comes back to hcg 41. i cant get into dr for another week. i am so confused....

AF finally came after teasing me by being a day late and creeping in slowly throughout the day.

I'm sorry Snuffles. AF is never a welcome sight. Are you going to temp and use opks this cycle?

:hugs: Snuffles. Might have been too much to try to get a BFP while moving? :shrug:

Linds -- 8dpo is very early. My BFP month I had a BFN on 8 dpo, and that was ectopic, so probably implanted early. But wait--you took apart the FRER???? That's awesome. Never even heard of that, and I take eeeeeeeeeeeeverything apart!

With my ectopic, I got a BLARING positive at 8 dpo. It was way darker than the control line, so I guess I assumed I'd get another so early. On one hand, I'm glad I didn't because I would worry it was another ectopic. On the other, I would have been happy to see it! When did you get your positive? Yes, I took apart the test. I'm a crazy POAS addict! I took it apart, took out the strip, and walked from room to room, even went outside, to scrutinize the strip for a hint of a line. Nada. Oh, well. I'm going to try my damnedest to hold off until Monday, although I'm planning on using opks until then just to satisfy my urge to POAS! :wacko:

Hello, So I am back here again. if you remember back in march i posted my story. i gad a very faint pos after being a week late for af then the next day started bleeding very heavy and very painful went to obgyn they did blood work and my hcg was at 5.5 i repeated blood work every 2 to 3 days and hcg always doubled and trippled but progestrone was never over .04. so dr decided to use methotrexate. my levels never got above 246 and they dropped very quickly.
Well here i am 8 months later and kinda in the same boat. I got a faint pos on frer the day before my period was due. I wasn't bleeding but was having very painful cramps in my lower back so i went to er. they did urine test and it was neg so they did blood and it also came back neg so they sent me home. well the next morning i woke up to what i thought was my period. It wasn't painful or heavy like normal there were some small clots and it was bright red. back cramps were gone so i thought maybe bad test or chemical. Well a week later i break out on my chin and have this very large hunger then i start to have pain in my pelvic area mostly on left side so after laying in bed with no sleep til 4 am i decide what the heck ill take my last test just to put me at ease well to my surprise its a blazing positive as dark as it could be so i go to er again. the do exam said everything felt normal no blood in uterus , urine test is positive and ultra sound shows nothing in uterus and tubes looked good no fluid anywhere . then my blood work comes back to hcg 41. i cant get into dr for another week. i am so confused....

Oh, resque, I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. :hugs: As I'm sure you know, 41 is still too low to see anything on an ultrasound. I think your numbers need to be at 2000 +. It's a good sign that you don't have blood in your uterus and your tubes look good. Are you going in for another draw before you see the doctor next week? I can't believe they won't squeeze you in sooner given your history. I hope that the bleeding was just implantation or something and your levels are doubling.

I don't ever temp, it seems like too much of a hassle and I never wake up at the same time. I may break out my OPKs again though.

I really like temping. It helped me stay sane during the very drawn out ectopic process, as I at least had an inkling about what my body was doing. Not much, mind you, but better than without. I'm considering OPKs for next month since I am apparently now irregular, but I never go four hours without peeing, so I'm not sure if it's worth it for me to try.

As for testing, I only tested early that month because I had so many symptoms. I'm normally a test-only-when-late kinda gal. So I didn't test again until 14/15 dpo. Your chart looks good, so :thumbup:!!

Resque, sorry you're going through this. I hope you get answers soon. :hugs:

Nice temp rise, Linds! When is test date?

Btw, I think it was CD14. :haha:

This is the most promising chart I've ever had, yet I got two bfns today on cycle day 12. I couldn't hold out! I had what I thought was an implantation dip/spotting on 6 DPO and my chart went triphastic on CD 20. My hpts are stark white though, not even a hint of an evap line for me to analyze. :dohh:

I don't like testing early, but since I got such an early + with my ectopic I feel like I should test early so that if I am unlucky enough to have another, I can catch it as early as I did the first time. But then again, how much difference would a week make, really?

Snuffles I hear SMEP works great for a lot of women! I'd definitely be game to try it, but I attempt to keep my dh away from too much ttc stuff. I'm afraid it would just increase his anxiety and worry that it could affect his performance, so he doesn't even know when I ovulate. I also like the idea of him not expecting a bfp. I already feel a lot of pressure, I think I'd feel more if he was watching me like a pot about to boil! :) I really wanted to try it, though. Fingers crossed it works for you.

Any sign of af yet, pbl?

Well I don't tell him about. I just lure him upstairs and attack hehe;)

This is the most promising chart I've ever had, yet I got two bfns today on cycle day 12. I couldn't hold out! I had what I thought was an implantation dip/spotting on 6 DPO and my chart went triphastic on CD 20. My hpts are stark white though, not even a hint of an evap line for me to analyze. :dohh:

I don't like testing early, but since I got such an early + with my ectopic I feel like I should test early so that if I am unlucky enough to have another, I can catch it as early as I did the first time. But then again, how much difference would a week make, really?

Snuffles I hear SMEP works great for a lot of women! I'd definitely be game to try it, but I attempt to keep my dh away from too much ttc stuff. I'm afraid it would just increase his anxiety and worry that it could affect his performance, so he doesn't even know when I ovulate. I also like the idea of him not expecting a bfp. I already feel a lot of pressure, I think I'd feel more if he was watching me like a pot about to boil! :) I really wanted to try it, though. Fingers crossed it works for you.

Any sign of af yet, pbl?

I've been trying to share as much of it as possible, to keep him engaged. I also like the idea of him having to ride a similar roller coaster as me. "Honey, my temps are still up and I have [some symptoms]. I think it's possible that this is the month!" Five minutes later, "Honey, I don't think this is the month. I have [these AF symptoms]." Ten minutes later, "This has to be the month. I've never had [this symptom] before, so it's gotta be a BFP. Maybe it will be a chemical. [sob]" It's important for them to understand what this is like for us.

Anyway, sorry you're getting no lines. :hugs: I'm sure you know many BFPs don't show up until after 14 dpo. I'll keep hoping that this will be your month. Everything is crossed for you, but my legs! (New motto. :rofl: :rofl: I'm very proud of it.)

Btw, I tried to be subtle in my last post, but I guess it didn't work out. I'm CD4 now. I'm guess my real O date was CD14, since my LP is pretty consistently 14 days. :shrug: Who knows?

This month O SHALL NOT BE MISSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jo::jo::jo:

Well I don't tell him about. I just lure him upstairs and attack hehe;)
:haha: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Well it works most of the time lol I'm debating on whether to use my OPKs or not

update , went to er because i was weak and shaky . they did blood work and my levels went from 41 to 30 in three days guess this isnt looking good at all.

Resque--:hugs: So sorry to hear that.

Snuffles -- Good luck!

Linds -- still looking good! :thumpup:

Just wanted to send an update. So my last er visit my hcg had dropped from 42 to 31 iin ours days. So 6 days later I went into my appointment to see obgyn he had me pee in a cup did a urine test that came back negative and told me I was no longer pregnant and it looked to be a very early miscariage. Well the next day I woke up to extremly so boobs and swollen with very bright veins they almost look bruised and I'm not sure what's going on here. Anyone have an idea the dr here think I'm crazy and will not listen to me. I haven't bled or anything just really sore boobs and tummy aches I am also very constipated.

Just wanted to send an update. So my last er visit my hcg had dropped from 42 to 31 iin ours days. So 6 days later I went into my appointment to see obgyn he had me pee in a cup did a urine test that came back negative and told me I was no longer pregnant and it looked to be a very early miscariage. Well the next day I woke up to extremly so boobs and swollen with very bright veins they almost look bruised and I'm not sure what's going on here. Anyone have an idea the dr here think I'm crazy and will not listen to me. I haven't bled or anything just really sore boobs and tummy aches I am also very constipated.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: It sounds like a chemical/early mc to me. Hope you're doing okay.

Hey everyone!! I've missed you all! My AF is due this Sunday and this will be the cycle we try again. I was told we could try again after my January period. I had my metho shot on Monday, October 8th.

I'm excited....but nervous.....trying not to get my hopes up!

Hey everyone!! I've missed you all! My AF is due this Sunday and this will be the cycle we try again. I was told we could try again after my January period. I had my metho shot on Monday, October 8th.

I'm excited....but nervous.....trying not to get my hopes up!

Yay, Allie!!! :yipee: :yipee: :yipee: Welcome back to the madness!! :wacko: I'm in my first TWW, and I've symptom spotted like an idiot. But I'm 90% certain it will be BFN. I just don't feel pregnant like I did last time.

:dust: :dust: :dust: to you!!!

:wave: Do you ladies mind if I join you all? After 40 months ttc (including 6 clomid cycles, 2 clomid/iuis, 1 cancelled iui with folistim, and 2 ivfs) we finally got our first ever BFP. Went in for my first scan last Tuesday and to our dismay were told there was nothing in my uterus. I've had 2 more scans since then, and still nothing can be found. Dr. said today it's most likely ectopic (which he says is 1-2% chance of happening with ivf!), and I was given methotrexate. I have bloodwork on Saturday and Tuesday. If my levels aren't down by Tuesday, Dr says I will need surgery.

I know I won't be able to ttc for awhile, but I was hoping you wouldn't mind if I joined you all. I'm just looking for others who've experienced similar things.

Of course you can join us sweetie! And I'm sorry about the ectopic, it sucks tremendously:hugs:

Hello Ladies,
Could I please join?
Here is my story....
I first found out I was pregnant on the 1st of December. Then about 2 week later started to bleed and went to the doctors they told me it is normal to bleed some but wanted to watch my HCG levels. Found out the levels weren't going up so they wanted to do a D&C&E on the 21st of December. They found no embryonic cells in the uterus and asumed it was in my tubes and gave me the methro shot. About 1 week after recieving the shot I started to get some extremely bad pains and went to the ER... Turns out the methro shot didn't work and my tube was about to rupture so the ER decided to get me another methro shot and hoped that it worked this time... Which thankfully it did!!! Since then my levels have returned to 0!!! but still bleeding from the whole thing... Doctor told me to wait one full cycle before trying again...

Really hoping everyone gets their BFPs soon!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->