Whos taking folic acid already?

Yes it can't do any harm and will mean you are ok if you have an accident! (thats my thinking anyway). I am taking ones from Zipvit which are £3.49 for a years supply and just as good quality I think (no other vits in with them though).

SW x

Well like you say, it cant do any harm so why not! i did take them before we even started TTC with kaden but we were just unlucky i guess :cry:

Thanks again xXx

:hugs:

Those who feel nauseous with multi vitamins, you do take take them on a full stomach don't you. I know Pregnacare says to take them on a full stomach with one of the side effects being nausea if your stomach is empty.

Actually, my prenatal vitamin says NOT to take it with food. It's a prescription given to me by my doctor. That's why I take it at bedtime.

That's odd, LadyofRohan, I was always told to take vitamins with food since it helps cushion the stomach against the harshness of the vitamins. If you're only taking B-vitamins (like folic acid), though, it's not such an issue generally as of all the vitamins they are the gentlest on the stomach.

I am, my doctor advised i start early as it does no harm, and also because i am taking meds that make problems more likely it is best that i take it well in advance.

That's odd, LadyofRohan, I was always told to take vitamins with food since it helps cushion the stomach against the harshness of the vitamins. If you're only taking B-vitamins (like folic acid), though, it's not such an issue generally as of all the vitamins they are the gentlest on the stomach.

:shrug: Yeah, I thought it was strange too because I'd always taken OTC vitamins with a meal. But it definitely has one of those labels on the bottle that says "Do not take with food, drink plenty of water". The only side effect I have from it is that it does give you really bad dry mouth, even if I take it with a whole glass of water. Sometimes I have to get up in the middle of the night to have more water it's so bad.

I was taking pregnacare, but have moved over to the santogen 'Mummy to be' pre-conception ones, if you nothing more that me thinking 'yeah, I bloody am!' when I look at them! :hugs:

I'm probably going to start end of next month but maybe earlier once the Drs give me the all clear to start taking supplements again (I need Iron but due to pending test results can't take it until they have decided they don't want to do anymore incase they upset the results). I want to talk properly to my Dr. about TTC first anyway.

Oh, I am also sticking DH on tablets at the same time.

I started taking prenatal vitamins in September. I figure the longer I take them before hand the better.

My doc said the same thing about taking them 3 mnths b4 TTC. But also suggested a multi with Folic just for overall health. Question...has anyone found a good multi? i think my multi is making me nauseous:wacko:

I have being taking Materna. They make me feel a bit sick too so I have started taking them overnight and it seems to help. Take it with a cracker.

I only started taking them at the start of the month and TTC in Feb, but the longer you take them the better i suppose

i'm also taking the sanotogen mother to be,they're esp for before conception and during pregnancy.they have 18 vits and minerals and the full dose of folic acid.£5 for 30 days supply,def money well spent i say:thumbup:i was taking just folic acid for a few months and i'm now just starting my 2nd months supply of sanotogen,hoping to start ttc in jan/feb:cloud9:

good luck everyone:flower:

I am :) But then i'm not sure if i'm WWT or TTC right now :wacko:

I am. I read it is recommended that everyone who is of childbearing age should be taking folic acid prophylactically regardless of trying or not. It's water soluble so if you have too much in your blood stream your body naturally gets rid of it.

i have been taking pregnacare since august, we were meant to be TTC from this month but we pushed it back to feb because of our wedding :)

I was wondering in this!

We get married in August so will be trying anywhere from then, I know asda do two packs for £4 so I will grab some next time I'm in there and then take pre-conception ones closer to the time! :)

go for it! i have just started taking them again and like you got cheaper ones for the moment as there is no harm taking them and as the other ladies have said doc recs to take them a few months prior if you can. i'm planning to go onto sanatogen as they are ment to be really good??

good luck hun x

Yeah I am taking Asda's folic acid and have done for the last couple of months-hoping to start TTC next year too.

I'm still taking prenatals when I remember! But I'm BFing as well and need the vitamins. Honestly I wish I would've been taking them when I started trying back in 2008. I feel as if maybe I could have avoided my MC because I didn't start taking them until a month into that pregnancy. The second time around I was taking them religiously and I had a beautiful healthy baby. Who knows if it's connected or not but I don't want to take that chance again!! :shrug:

I'm taking some cheap pre-nats that contain folic acid and I'm also taking flax seed because I've read some studies that it helps balances female hormones and helps promote fertility. I plan on taking more expensive ones (as the cheap ones contains some things like atificial colors and such) around May as we are NTNP in September. I look at it as it won't hurt to take them and its a good idea since I'm no longer on th BCP and accidents do happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->