Whose passed out in pregnancy

Purplehippo

Reaction score
This really freaks me (as most things do :cry:) I was just sat on loo having BM and I thought I was going to pass out :cry:

Just wondered if lots of ladies do in pregnancy

I haven't actually passed out, but have been getting crazy dizzy spells. My ob suggested I go on iron supplements.

I'm not going to vote becuase I've never actually passed out but I've come close once. I was touring a daycare center with my DH and started getting very lightheaded and knew I would pass out if I didn't sit. They gave me some water and had me sit for a bit until I felt better.

I hear it's common to get really light headed though!

My OB also had me take additional iron supplements but I hadn't been doing so :blush:

I did with #1. I got overheated and passed out. Only for a minute, but it was still kind of scary. No harm to me or baby, though.

I have once about 17wks
I was knackered, ill and stressed from work and i walked upstairs to get ds out of bed and ended up sat on his bedroom floor!
Only happened the once tho thank god!

I did at 19 weeks due to really low iron, ended up in hospital and having an iron transfusion

Ive had several dizzy spells, fainted getting out the shower and fainted at my 12 week blood tests...that was so scary i felt like i was falling even tho was sat safely in the chair

I passed out numerous times in the first trimester (usually while throwing up -- not pleasant!), and I often have to lay down with my legs up to avoid it. I have really low blood pressure, and passing out is just something I do, pregnant or not. If it's blood pressure related, drinking a TON of water can help. Also avoid showers that are too hot (the heat draws the blood to your extremities and away from your head).

My OB isn't concerned. She actually congratulates me on my low bp at each appointment. I realize high bp is a problem, but super low bp isn't a walk in the park!

Just remember to get those feet above your head!

Oh, and as far as feeling that way while having a BM... If you were, um, pushing/straining, it can cause something called a vasovagal response that will lead to feeling like you'll pass out.

I voted no but I completely read what you wrote wrong...I thought you said during labor...:dohh:

In pregnancy...yes I have. Probably with all three of mine....I can't be certain in my first pregnancy tho.

The only reason I did tho in this pregnancy and my last was because with my last daughter, I had a severe reoccurring stomach flu...at least so I thought. This time, It was also do to an unrelated stomach issue.

However, echoing what the ladies have said, low iron is typically the culprit to dizziness/fainting. The best kind of iron to take that wont cause constipation is floradix iron...I posted a link below. It's what I take and love it. It's a liquid and also has added Vitamin B added.

https://www.cdnf.com/item1570.htm

I got light headed and nearly passed out during my second pregnancy, but I was on BP meds and they made my BP too low. I've also had some hypoglycemic episodes this pregnancy, but never passed out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->