Why are you all WTT?

We have a huge move coming up... in like 3 weeks, so once thats out of the way its fair game.

A couple reasons, I guess. First, my little guy is 13 months and I have yet to have a PP period. And even then, LO is a bit of a sleep robber, and we want to wait until he starts sleeping 3 or 4 hour stretches before diving into newborn territory again.

We're waiting because after a mmc in march we were advised that my risk of miscarriage is around 50/50. We were due to start a trial which may reduce that to 1 in 4 but somehow I lost my immunity to rubella and had to have an mmr booster so I'm not allowed to get pregnant for three months.

I'll get the pills for the trial and begin ttc from mid September.

Average time for us to conceive is around 2 years and I can only be part of the trial for one year so feel like I'm getting ready or climb a mountain :dohh: if we don't get pregnant within the next 12 months we're done.

We are wtt because I don't know if I even want #2! Hubby wants #2 and has for a while but I'm not convinced yet. We decided to talk about possibly trying for #2 next fall so we can have a summer baby (baby #1 is a winter baby and I want to spread things out from Christmas and his bday). Also, I have had a life long dream of traveling to Thailand and my mother is going to watch our son while we take a special trip there next year. Maybe after I get to go on my dream trip I'll come around to the idea of another. I'm just so on the fence! Each day I feel differently about it. Some days I would love to have another and some days my son is driving me nuts and I never ever want another ever again. I also had severe ppd/ppa with my son and it was traumatizing. I'm mostly recovered but some days I still have anxiety and dread ever feeling like I did when things were very severe. I was nearly hospitalized and had to move home across country to be with family. Not sure I can go to that dark place again!

We're WTT because LO isn't even 1 yet and also because we want to buy a house and become more financially stable before we add another baby to the mix :)

Healthy basically. I have lost over 100 pounds, and am waiting for one more doctor to give me the green light to TTC. This will probably happen in January.

I've been actively preparing my body for 2 1/2 years...I'm anxious to TTC!

We need a bigger place to live for the most part. Cramped 1 bedroom apartment just doesn't have room for a baby but finding a good rental is hard here. The market is full and prices are high.

Ideally we would buy a 2-3 bedroom apartment but that is probably at least 2 years away.

We'd also like it if hubby got a promotion he will qualify for next year. Then finances and maternity leave would be a lot less stressful.

We were originally waiting until we bought a house and got married but we decided buying really wasn't for us right now, maybe one day but honestly with other halves job we may end up moving so we dont want to tie ourselves down to a location just yet.
so now we are waiting until
1- my work probation is up (march as i work with kids)
2- we want me to e no more than 3 months pregnant at our wedding so september next year :)
3- gives us time to decorate

We just bought a house and now that we have the space if it was up to DH we'd start trying right away. I work two jobs currently. Both offer zero paid maternity leave so it just isn't an option with our current financial situation. But I very badly want to be a stay at home mom, I feel like I've missed so much of our two daughter's early lives because I was always working when they were babies, I went back to work from maternity leave just 4 weeks after having DD1 and with DD2 I was in university and working 3 weeks after giving birth to her. This time I want to be home with our baby and focus on homeschooling our other daughters, right now DH stays home with them during the day and works evenings.

So we need DH to find a good job that can cover the bills that my job currently does so I can stay home. I'm staying at work definitely through December because I don't want to leave during our busy season (retail) when I'm basically running the show. After the holidays DH is going to look for full time work, with his background he'll most likely get paid more than I do currently. And once he's been working at his new job for awhile I will leave my main job and stay home with the girls while still working part time from home at my current second job. Then we will start TTC. Realistically we're thinking around June of 2016 because we also want/need to paint the exterior of our house and I'd like to make sure that is done first as it's a big project and it needs to be done during one of the warmer times of the year here.

We are waiting now for DS to be fully weaned and sleeping better at night (aka:lets dad put him down!). We are hoping somewhere from jan-april of next year to start. It will be our last so a bit bittersweet. Just enjoying the time now with the three of us

Happy to say that DS has been weaned for a month this Sunday, is STTN in his own bed, let's DH do bedtime and puts himself to sleep!! So check mark to all of those goals! Next step is getting him to fall asleep on his own at nap.

Also on our to do list is finish hitting weight loss and fitness goals! I'm down 59 lbs so far and have anywhere from 7-17 to go, depending on where I want to stop. Hoping to run a half marathon before getting preggo, but not set on it yet.

The last (and biggest IMO) is getting my hormones to fully balance after weaning. I don't want to get preggo until everything is back to normal for a couple months. Hoping this doesn't mean delaying anything, but will if it isn't regulated by then. On track for April but the wait is starting to drive me bonkers!

We just bought a house and now that we have the space if it was up to DH we'd start trying right away. I work two jobs currently. Both offer zero paid maternity leave so it just isn't an option with our current financial situation. But I very badly want to be a stay at home mom, I feel like I've missed so much of our two daughter's early lives because I was always working when they were babies, I went back to work from maternity leave just 4 weeks after having DD1 and with DD2 I was in university and working 3 weeks after giving birth to her. This time I want to be home with our baby and focus on homeschooling our other daughters, right now DH stays home with them during the day and works evenings.

So we need DH to find a good job that can cover the bills that my job currently does so I can stay home. I'm staying at work definitely through December because I don't want to leave during our busy season (retail) when I'm basically running the show. After the holidays DH is going to look for full time work, with his background he'll most likely get paid more than I do currently. And once he's been working at his new job for awhile I will leave my main job and stay home with the girls while still working part time from home at my current second job. Then we will start TTC. Realistically we're thinking around June of 2016 because we also want/need to paint the exterior of our house and I'd like to make sure that is done first as it's a big project and it needs to be done during one of the warmer times of the year here.

I can't believe the US doesn't have paid paternity leave.Here in Canada both parents can take a year off,one can take six months or one parent can take the whole year and it's paid.I don't think I would be able to leave my baby with a babysitter or at a daycare when they're only a few weeks old.

Because being a mommy to a toddler is tough..and I want to be a stay at home mom but we need my income right blue..and hubby needs to fix the basement..and mostly I'm scared of being a newborns mommy again

Partially trying to time it with my grad school and partially because this was when DH felt comfortable starting the whole process.

I can't believe the US doesn't have paid paternity leave.Here in Canada both parents can take a year off,one can take six months or one parent can take the whole year and it's paid.I don't think I would be able to leave my baby with a babysitter or at a daycare when they're only a few weeks old.

I'm not going to lie. It was really tough. But when you need to be paid to pay rent you don't really have a choice. :( My husband was laid off from his job shortly after our first daughter was born so I really had no choice, luckily at that time my parents could watch her while I worked which made it a bit easier to leave her.

Unless the company you work for in the US chooses to pay for maternity leave you don't get paid. Right now I have no paid leave if I were to get pregnant, which is why DH want's to find a full time job so we can switch roles and I can stay home.

I'm recovering from an emergency c section, I was told to wait at least 12 months as for the best chance at a VBAC only 5 months to go! X

We are waiting to ttc number 2, partly due to age, (I'd like around 3 year age gap) partly due to childcare costs. Also I am starting a new job that pays enhanced maternity pay but you have to have been there a year before you get to 11 weeks so looking at mid to late 2016 for us xx

I live in Florida, but in Orlando,Florida and always trying to get my friends to come see me. it's so hard to get people to come visit me. :(

I'm waiting cause I first need to get my tubes untied. I had a tubal ligation back in February and I need to reverse it in order to try again.

DH deploys next year and, since it would be our first one, we wanted to have him here for everything, so we're waiting until he comes back next summer. It just happens to work out well with the timing for my masters degree too.

We're moving from the UK to USA in January, so need to find a place to live, settle in and get used to things.

Also I've been struggling to get my head around #2 and doing the newborn thing again, and have been sad over letting go of my los baby days :( but I've come along way very quickly by setting a date and thinking about it all the time! Just need to hold dh off long enough now!

We're waiting for a couple reasons. We need to finish paying the bills from the first birth, and that's the biggest one. I had a vaginal birth, but between pregnancy and breastfeeding, I want my body to have a chance to really recover before I get pregnant again anyway. I want to try to time the next pregnancy so all medical care hits over one deductible year on our insurance, and that means starting now or starting in a little under a year, and in addition to the rest, I don't want to risk my milk supply before my son is a year old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->