Why cant i find babys HB on doppler

When i had my 16 week mw apt, she asked if i wanted her to try to listen for it, as she said it often takes along time to find at about 16 weeks, or u dont find it at all, and that it was upto me, but she didnt want me to worry if she didnt find it. She seemed genuinely surprised when she found it instantly, and how strong it was. So if that was with a professional doppler, u really dont need to worry at all given ur one is probably not as good as the ones mws use.

Can u hear any thud sor swishing? Cos chances are thats LO too. When i was a bit earlier, i would listen for the thuds, then putthe doppler in that area very slowly to locate the hb. And as pps have said, stay very low- on ur pubic bone. Its only the last few days my LO is nearer the belly button than hip-its really surprised me throughout how low its been.

U dont need to worry though- uv had ur scan i presume, so u know things are ok- baby is just hiding!! xx

I can her a wooshing sound plus a strong sound like the wind

The BabySound B is normally pretty well reviewed. I can only think that perhaps it's the position that you are looking with. Have you tried running it very slowly across the top of your pubic hairline? And are the batteries still strong? You have to look in all directions as you move it across, and it takes a bit of pressure too-I can't just rest it on my belly. I do it like the doc did with my first pregnancy.

Good luck either way hun, I hope you get one working.

Ive tried everything sometimes i pick up 117BPM but i no that isnt high enough for baby. Ive ordered a angel sound one so gonna wait for that to cum. Might av another go tomorrow night and change the batteries

I thought they said anything over 100 was probably baby?? have i got that wrong?? Also they slow down the more weeks u are- at 9 weeks it was about 160 i believe, its now 145 xx

Whooshing could be your blood vessels (that what mw said that sound was when she was trying to find hb again on second attempt). I've heard other people say placentas make a whooshing noise. Please don't worry yourself - as pcake says a pro doppler (which cost £000s) will work much better than a home one.
xxx

My uterus is flipped/inverted to the back. My doc said after 10 - 12 weeks it doesn't matter; because, the swelling uterus and growing baby straighten the uterus. I've been able to find my baby's heartbeat every day since 11 weeks with a cheap in-home doppler (BabySounds). As the baby grows I've had to move the doppler up my abdomen closer to my bellybutton. Sometimes I find it near the pubic bone; others I find it higher up. Once you find the baby's heartbeat, there's no mistaking the sound. It sounds like a "galloping horse". The whooshing/wind sounds are either placenta or your own pulse down there. If you haven't been able to find your baby's heartbeat; yet, don't fret. You may have to tilt your doppler at odd angles to get what you want to hear. I'm also plus size which makes it a little harder to find the baby's heartbeat at times, but with patience I've been able to find it within a minute every time trying. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->