Why did I just do that?

suzan

Reaction score
My baby is very active (knock on wood) He just doesnt stop moving all day long. He rolls, kicks, and all that.. his kicks hurt sometimes, A LOT

So I took a minute and googled about it (This is me, the crazy me) and then I read so many nice things about active babies at 33 weeks but then this post came across and now I am in panic :cry:

they always say that the more active your baby is the better. Not the case. My baby was really active. When I was 36 weeks she was very active one night and it started to hurt bc she was moving so much. She had a cord accident. We got to the hospital too late. IF your baby is moving a lot and you think something might be wrong go to the er. Its not worth waiting it out. It is the worst thing in the world to have to burry your child.

:cry:

BAD! No Googling! It's banned. I always had an active baby, she is still an active baby now!

No googling ( I know easier said than done) If you are worried tomorrow I would ring your midwife and talk to her...You know for every one tragic story there will be a million good ones x x x x :hug:

its poop when something burst the bubble.
googling isnt a good thing i stick to this site, anything medical is always gets twisted dont you think.
your baby is healthy and moving about is a good thing accidents with cords don't happen like like that no movement would be bad. you'll be fine.
nothing saying that that person is telling the truth.
xx

My m/w told me an active baby is a healthy baby..google is shit!

I learnt my lesson Googling too! From experience, stop Googling! I started researching breech babies when I found out I was having a breech - OMG the worry I inflicted on myself!!

DON'T GOOGLE! Meredith was(is?) having cord problems, I googled and convinced myself she was going to come out brain damaged or die because she would cut off her life supply. So now, I have a happily kicking baby and I feel like an idiot. Besides, with mine, she was slowing down not speeding up! Why would the baby speed up if there was an issue? I'm sure you just have an overly happy baby who's loving just kicking around inside mommy!

DON'T GOOGLE! Meredith was(is?) having cord problems, I googled and convinced myself she was going to come out brain damaged or die because she would cut off her life supply. So now, I have a happily kicking baby and I feel like an idiot. Besides, with mine, she was slowing down not speeding up! Why would the baby speed up if there was an issue? I'm sure you just have an overly happy baby who's loving just kicking around inside mommy!

how did u know she was having cord issues?!?!?!

oh Hun don't worry, mine little one is now more active
Than ever, not kicking but wriggling. Just enjoy!!! X

how did u know she was having cord issues?!?!?!

I went to my doctor complaining of her slowing down for a few days and having really strong period type pains. He sent me to the hospital to check and see if I wasn't in early labour. When they hooked me up to do a NST she wasn't moving at all and her heart rate was really low. They put me on my side and it improved so they moved her around a bit and took the pressure off her cord and everything shot back up. She's compressing her cord if I lay on my back. But I think she's moved position now and she kicks a ton so I don't think its happening anymore.

:hissy: I wish I hadnt read that!!!

Baby was more active than usual yesterday, actually didnt stop till I went to bed!!! There wasnt a 10 mins when he wasnt having a wiggle!!

Google should be :ban:

I wouldn't worry. I'm sure it's more about your own baby's pattern of activity and as we get used to it we will notice if baby is moving more or less than usual. The google quote doesn't really say what the woman's baby's movements were like before or during this episode. Best to trust your own instincts before google! lol :hugs:

No more Googling!

Chase was a very active baby from the first movement I felt all the way until I went into the hospital.

anything can happen and im sure cord issues can come up whether your baby is super active or not! i'm sure your LO is fine and will be fine!

coincidently, my MIL was telling me this week how my DH was very active and he did end up being born through emergency c-section because he had the cord wrapped around his neck twice and was very distressed. he is alive and healthy now though!! it does not always end in tragedy

OMG, from this moment on no going on Google!
Wow the worry we can all put ourselves through, not worth the worry honey.
Hope your ok
x

I don't google anything anymore - I always end up finding loads of positive responses and feeling better... then there's the one tiny response that is really bad and it turns the whole 'feeling better feeling' on it's head.

Rae - I am glad everything is ok now! :)

xxx

No more Google hon. I'd worry when LO stops moving. Yeah maybe check if you're having lots of movements that don't reflect normal pattern but like the others say a wriggly baby is a healthy baby x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->