Why do I feel like I've run a marathon?

jkbmah

Preggers with #2
Reaction score
By body aches so much I feel like I ran a marathon yesterday. I'm so stiff all the time I feel like I constantly need to rest as I'm so physically exhausted! My husband says its because I'm not doing enough excercise (running around after a 3 year old is already enough for me!!)I think it must be a pregnancy thing.

I remember being tired last time but that was more needing a nap tiredness. This is very physical, like I can't move as I'm soo stiff, everything hurts, any excercise like walking upstairs or lifting presents is such an effort I feel like I just need to lie still for a week to recover from whatever it is I've done to make me feel like that.

I don't remember this last time. Is my husband right? Should I be doing more? Anyone else feel like this?

I'm in the same boat. There are several things that are and can be the cause of this. First of all dehydration, make sure you are getting enough water in, even though some days it's really hard. second, you may have low iron so kake sure you either take a prenatal with iron added or take a supplement so that you maintain good levels. Third is the fact that all our ligments are starting to expand, lovely pregnancy, and that causes all our muscles and joints to be affected, not just the ones needed during childbirth. Hope you feel better soon! :hugs:

Ha, stiff is my middle name. I have bad arthritis (stage 4 chondromalacia in my knees). I agree with the pp on loads of water as well as make sure you get lots of omega oils. It'll support baby and help lubricate your joints and keep you happy (a natural antidepressant). Anti-inflammatory diet helps too..go easy on bread, pasta, crackers, rice and eat more greens and protein, yoghurt, avocado & nuts.

Rest and a warm bath :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->