Why do my muscles suddenly hurt?

Clarabell543

Expecting #2
Reaction score
I have been doing ten miles a day on my exercise bike to shift this baby weight. I have felt great until now.. i have been doing it for nearly two weeks at the same intensity etc.. and my muscles really ache today? I didn't do anything different so why do I suddenly hurt?

That's a tough one hun... maybe your body has just kinda "hit a wall" or you built up more lactic acid this time- due to diet etc... and your feeling the pain for it? Or, maybe your body is working harder now than it did at first to keep up? Sorry- no great answers.

I would certainly try to mix things up a bit more though- intensity wise, maybe push yourself more one day, then not as much the next- or do some short bursts of high energy (quicker cadence) then slow back down- then speed up again... the more we keep our bodies guessing the better able they are to build muscle and reduce fat- otherwise they can get "used" to what we are doing and not work as hard :)

Kudos for doing 10miles btw- that is awesome. The stationairy bike is my arch nemasis- lol. I HATE doing it- but I do, cause I know it's good to add it in with my other routines.

Yeah i was speaking to my hubby tonight as i was concerned i was letting my body get used to the same exercise. I cannot run. I have always hated it. Not sure what other cardio i could do? I cant really afford to go to a gym. Is there anythin you can recommend for home? Also i noticed you had a section.. did you do any abdomimal exercises?? I want to help my tummy out but i am terrified of sit ups since my section. Even sitting up in bed feels like it did when i was pregnant. As though my muscles dont do anything?? Sorry for all the questions but thank you for taking the time to reply :)

I had a c-section but I recommend waiting a while longer. I didn't do any abdominal exercises until I was about 8-9 months postpartum. As for the cardio, you can try an elliptical, stationary bike, normal bike, jogging lightly (not running), jumping jacks, jump rope, just try googling it, you can find lots of results. Squats are also a great all over body workout. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->