Why do people assume things, and then feel they can stick their nose in???

Amanda

Mum of 3
Reaction score
So, I'm food shopping in Aldi this afternoon, and have picked up 2 bottles of red wine, 2 of white, and a bottle of their Irish Cream Liquor. They're for the family members that are coming Xmas Day so we can offer them a drink.

If you've ever been to Aldi you'll know that they just scan and put the items straight back into your trolley, then you have to pack them into bags away from the tills.

So I'm stood packing the bags with Charlie in the trolley, and there's an old couple stood near me. The old woman turns round to her husband and says really loud obviously so I can hear "I think it's outragious how pregnant women these days think it's okay to drink. I bet she smokes as well" :shock:

For the first time in my life EVER, I was just so shocked I couldn't speak! The way she said it made me feel guilty, even though I've got nothing to feel guilty about! I just hung my head in shame and packed my bags and got out of there quickly. Bitch.

:shock: I cant beleive they said that!
Im not an outspoken person but i would have said soemthing!

OMG thats so horrible some people have such small minds and therefore dont have 2 braincells to rub together, I hate the way people always assume and think that what they think must be the truth.. Hope you are ok x

Oh babe, people can be so rude sometimes

I would of deffinately said something, as I'm so bloody outspoken lol, but I hate it when your so embarrassed you can't speak

HAHA I'd have laughed soo hard.
Doctors used to write prescriptions for Guiness and recommend 10 fags for stress in her day the cheeky old mare!!
Old people can be such hypocrites. Quite happy to stand there mouthing off and jumping to conclusions while conveniently forgetting they were knocking back the black stuff in pregnancy and slipping whisky into restless babies milk bottles!.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's all I have to say..can't believe it!

What!!!! How dare they... I would have turned round and said how do you know its not for me and for guests we are having for christmas.....Then she would have felt bad. You know it's not for you hun thats all that matters..old bat x:hugs:

:shock: How rude! I'm absolutely fuming for you!! :grr:

Surely they know that it's Christmas and anyone with half a brain would have assumed you were having family or friends over and they would be the ones drinking??! You'd think you were sneaking a hip flask out of your pocket at the till...did they honestly think you were off home to drink the lot on your own??

:hug: x

What a bitch!!!! Some people are so fucking stupid and just love to be rude. Did she think you were going to neck the lot or something? Dickhead!!!!!

omg that is very rude, i would have said something if it was me LOL, But some people are just so rude and just expect the worse in someone, its outrageous to me how people can be these days, I would never drink while pregnant , ever, but i but bought wine and such the other day too for the holidays coming up for the family coming over , But im barley showing yet so no one said anything ...So sorry that happened to you hun ..there lucky it wasnt me haha !! i would have had to say something LOL

:hug:

OMG, how rude!!! how dare someone comment!!! its none of her business, and err its christmas!!! :grr: the cheek!

:hugs: for you sweetie x

well all i can say is your a calmer person than i am cos she would have got an earful of me, silly old witch!

like the time i was on a bus and some old fella says how mums with prams shud be banned from buses, why dont we take our kids walking instead!!!
on a packed bus i said/shouted oh and what do you want us to do sit at home all day you silly old man, in your day i probably would have been locked in a nunnery and had my baby taken away from me because im an unmarried mother!!!!!:rofl:

i did feel a bit embarrased after id said it and thought ooops maybe i went teeny bit far :blush: but i was having a VERY stressful day and you dont wanna see me when im on one!!!:witch::hissy:

That is awful! Even if it wasn't Christmas she had no right to say that. Her husband must have been mortified.

You should have said,

"you ain't seen nothing yet love, I've got a crate of Jack Daniels in the car" ;)

What a c**t!
Depending on hormone levels at the time, I'd have probably either smashed the bottle open and held her hostage, or just given her an hour long lecture on assumption and how it could lead to said hostage situation :rofl:

what an ignorant old rude horrible nasty woman. I like to think I would have had a go at her, but i'm a softy and probably wouldn't have said anything either :blush: then again if my hormones were raging I would have had a right go! I can't believe how rude some people are, it always seems to be bitter old bats aswell, in my experience :rofl:

So, I'm food shopping in Aldi this afternoon, and have picked up 2 bottles of red wine, 2 of white, and a bottle of their Irish Cream Liquor. They're for the family members that are coming Xmas Day so we can offer them a drink.

If you've ever been to Aldi you'll know that they just scan and put the items straight back into your trolley, then you have to pack them into bags away from the tills.

So I'm stood packing the bags with Charlie in the trolley, and there's an old couple stood near me. The old woman turns round to her husband and says really loud obviously so I can hear "I think it's outragious how pregnant women these days think it's okay to drink. I bet she smokes as well" :shock:

For the first time in my life EVER, I was just so shocked I couldn't speak! The way she said it made me feel guilty, even though I've got nothing to feel guilty about! I just hung my head in shame and packed my bags and got out of there quickly. Bitch.

Personally I would have sat the old coffin dodger on her arse, but thats just me.

People used to make comments to me when I was pregnant, mostly unwanted comments...

Some old bag sat at the doors of Asda one night saying its disgravceful how kids are having babies... I thought, wtf, I'm 20!!!!!

I would have said... thanks i'd forgotten about the fags!

Seriously i think of these things about 30 mins after the event, but i probably would have said why dont you mind your own business these are for christmas guests and presents.
I'm finding that people everywhere are getting very critical, moany, and just like to put people down for the sake of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->