Why do people think its okay to call comment on how fat you are when your pregnant

Dottie

Reaction score
I am fed up of people saying to me are you sure you only have seven weeks to go/ are you sure its not twins
yes I am big but been told i am measuring the right size so getting really parionod about how fat i am getting and people commenting on it all the time really isnt helping me !!!!!

ignore them hun let it go over your head and try not to let it upset you :hugs:

Aww hun, deffo know what you mean, I haven't had the twins comment but a shop lady said to me "your the 4th heavily pregnant woman I've served today" I thought heavily pregnant??? What the hell am I gonna look like in 10 weeks!!!! lol x x

They don't mean you're fat! They just think it's funny and even original. It is odd. Having spent months being told I'm not showing (which made me wonder just how fat people thought I was before!) I now have started getting the twins comments. Bah, boring!

I've lost count at how many people have asked if I'm having twins. Then they don't believe me when I tell them that it's just one in there! P has actually resorted to telling them that after 5 scans we're pretty darn sure there's just one baby in there.

Then I get the "OOOOOOOH. Well, she must be HUGE!!!" Gee, thanks. :gun:

I've said it before and I'll say it again... I have NO idea why a pregnant belly lets people think that all social graces and polite-ness can go out the window. It's crazy!!!

I got into a very uncomfortable conversation with a manager at McDonalds one day because of this.

This was in August...my friend was getting served and I was waiting with her. This manager came over and she was like "when are you due?" and I told her November and she goes "Oh my god! Are you having twins?!?" and I told her no. And then she goes "are you SURE you're not having twins!?" I just glared at her and told her there was absolutely one baby in there and I didn't appreciate her comments :blush:

ignore them sweetheart im sure you look absoluty amazing. I know how you feel tho the latest one is "are you sure you have got your dates right" well of course im bloody dure 2 scans and all my midwifes appoinments say im measuring right for my gestation so back off lol.

big hugs hunni :hugs:
xx

UUUUGH! That's what gets me! It's like they think that because you 'look' like you're carrying twins, that they (people who don't know you from a hole in the ground) would know better than you, your doctor, the ultrasound technican, the nurses.. etc...etc...

:hissy:

I just dont understand why its suddenly ok to comment on someones size just because you're pregnant. Very strange. I would never comment on a pregnant woman's size - if they want to ask something to make conversation why ask about your nursery or if you have much left to get etc?! I just dont get it!

UUUUGH! That's what gets me! It's like they think that because you 'look' like you're carrying twins, that they (people who don't know you from a hole in the ground) would know better than you, your doctor, the ultrasound technican, the nurses.. etc...etc...

:hissy:

Well said hun :hug:. its like they all think that just cos they may have been through a pregnancy or now someone thats preg that they are experts. I mean i dont think a trained sonographer would miss twins or get the dates wrong after all our scans and midwifes appoinments

xx

I'm sure people forget it's not just a baby your carrying around. It's water aswell! Thicko's!

I don't have anyone commenting me. Lol, but if I got that I'd have say something!

i think people dont know what else to say but its not really helpful and when we're struggling ourselves adjusting to our growing size its not helpful being reminded of it!!

If someone commented on how big i was i'd just stare at them blankly and say 'excuse me? what do you mean?' and if they were like 'uh..um when are you due?' i'd be like 'im not pregnant :S' and make them feel bad!

Honey, try to ignore these silly comments. I get them so often, and at first I used to get annoyed, now I just find it boring. Now when they say, "wow! You're huge!" I just reply,
"Really? You know I hadn't noticed, which is strange seeing as I'm the one carrying such a huge bump around all day!"
That usually shuts them up.
x

I haven't had anyone be so rude as to say it to my face yet - but a few shop attendants have asked when I'm due and when I've told them January they say "ohh wow that's still such a long way away!" in the type of voice where I can tell they are thinking I'm huge. Have also had many people asking my OH, sister, mum etc if I am having twins as I'm so huge!! It's really depressing! OH always just tells me I look pregnant and not fat but he knows he would get in trouble if he said otherwise. Although yesterday a work mate of mine said I look good, I haven't gained weight and it is all baby. That made me feel better!

Yeah, my Mum's ex husband said to me 'I've never seen a pregnant woman as big before', I yawned and said 'what the fuck's your excuse you fat tosser?' ...... oh i wish I did..

Thanks for all your replies I feel much better now knowing its not just me who gets these comments !!!

yeah this is one thing i DO NOT miss about being pregnant. Ignore them hun, they are idiots! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->