Why do people think the country owes them something? [Bit of a rant about councils!]

I have respect for both nurses and doctors. My friend's mother is a ob/gyn and her main gripe is that nurses pretty much get paid as much if not more than doctors because doctors have to pay for malpractice insurance. Nurses do work hard! My sister is RN. I saw her go through nursing school. They do not have the same liabilities, though, as doctors. They know what to look for, they learned about how to see symptoms and what they mean, so they know when to... call the doctor. They have to know exactly what is going on at all times, and work as a team with the doctor. The doctor can't be everywhere, and depends on the nurses to let him/her know when the patient needs med changes, or something different for their health issues. The doctor does, as someone who I think was a doctor, mentioned before, call all the shots. A nurse cannot make a diagnosis, but they can tell the doctor what they think is happening.

As far as people working the system, I've seen it first-hand. Me and my ex lived in an apartment complex that was full of section 8. It's something in the us that i believe subsidizes housing. One couple we knew was abusing prescription meds, and they both had disabilities and had two children. It made me ill inside. The babies were who I felt sorry for the most. One was barefoot all the time and his poor little feet were always nearly black in color on the bottoms, when he was barely learning how to walk! Sometimes people need an extra hand, but if they are going to bring a child into this world, they should be able to provide for it a stable environment. I agree with everyone, those who need it should get it, but try to improve their life so they won't need it anymore if possible, if not okay. If they are working the system I hope they can't sleep at night.

^^^^^ nurses pay for insurance too, and so do student nurses.
and their salarys are extremely different.

and so they should be really its takes far longer to become a doctor than a nurse :lol:

I agree in part the system is flawed in many ways but thanks to the people who con the system it makes people like me sound bad when i say im in recipt of benefits now efore you think im a dosser heres my background
i left school and went straight in to work 6 years later i set up my first online business 2 years after that i opend my first shop closely followed by 2 market stall i worked hard 7 days a week keeping things going but i fell ill i had 2 brain tumors 1 caused a stroke and the other was melignant so i had to have them removed and have cancer treatment i spent the next 18 months in hospital and had to learn to walk and talk all over again i had a set back last year when i got meningitus putting me back in a wheel chair and causing a mini stroke

so yes i reciev benefits but un like some i feel i deserve them i lost everything through ill health and couldnt survive without my benefits

so yes i reciev benefits but un like some i feel i deserve them i lost everything through ill health and couldnt survive without my benefits
Of course ill health and genuine disability is what the benefits system is designed to help, but this is where I get controversial.

You can't survive without your benefits but you are a dad of 2 trying for a third. Is that a responsible thing to be doing?

Of course ill health and genuine disability is what the benefits system is designed to help, but this is where I get controversial.

You can't survive without your benefits but you are a dad of 2 trying for a third. Is that a responsible thing to be doing?

I agree with you to be honest. Harsh as it is, if you can't afford to support the 2 children you have now, I think it's irresponsible to try for another baby :shrug:

perhaps i should have been more clear on my situation my benefits top up the money my wife earns i am a stay at home dad there are a few of us out there during my working life i paid my tax and ni which qualify me for the top up we recieve plus my wife works hard to provide for us i am a good dad and my wife works hard there are millions of families in the oposite position where the wife stays home so wheres the harm in me staying home and raising my children

perhaps i should have been more clear on my situation my benefits top up the money my wife earns i am a stay at home dad there are a few of us out there during my working life i paid my tax and ni which qualify me for the top up we recieve plus my wife works hard to provide for us i am a good dad and my wife works hard there are millions of families in the oposite position where the wife stays home so wheres the harm in me staying home and raising my children

Right so you could survive without the benefits, but obviously they make things easier for you given your circumstances?

That's fair enough, you are absolutely right that having one parent at home whilst the other goes out to work is something that happens right across the land and whether its mum or dad who goes out to work is irrelevant. It makes sense if you can't work for you to be the primary carer.

Too many people think having children is a right and even though they can't support themselves financially, they think they have a right to keep having as many as they want and will do so insisting the government should pay for that.

The ethos of benefits is absolutely right, what is wrong is how easy it is for those intelligent enough to manipulate it to their advantage get so much out of it.

my situation: studied hard to get a well paid job that will mean I would be able to support myself and any children I would decide to have later. Ended up with large student loans that took me 5 years to repay.

Had two children, continued to work full-time during that time. Separated from their father when they were 18 months and 4 years old, continued to work full-time with demanding job, that allowed me to move up and earn a salary that is not great, but fair.

Ex lost his job, claimed benefit but worked 15 hours one the side. Still eligible to income support. Only had to provide £20 a month for both his children. He didn't even bother. Me: just above the line to claim tax credits. Why tax credits doesn't take into account maintenance is beyond me. A mother working 16 hours but with £1,000 a month maintenance because her ex is well off will be entitled to hundreds every months from tax credits whereas a mother working full time but getting no maintenance will get next to nothing if she earns over £30K. I pay £200 a month just for childcare because I work full-time....

His girlfriend, making sure they are not officially living together so she can continue to receive single parent benefits. She works 15 hours on the side for pocket money. She gets £80 a week from her ex for child maintenance on top of benefits. Soon, she will be entitled to double that. She's decided to go back to education. She is getting grants and everything paid for. She went on hols abroad with the money of the grant....

Why oh why is it that someone on benefits will soon be entitled to over £160 a month child maintenance, whilst someone working full-time but with a partner not working only is only entitled to £20 a month? Am I the only one thinking there is a flaw here!

My situation has evolved since, but yes, the system is totally unfair and certainly not supporting hard working people.

^^^^^ nurses pay for insurance too, and so do student nurses.
and their salarys are extremely different.

and so they should be really its takes far longer to become a doctor than a nurse :lol:

Well, I'm not sure what it is like elsewhere, but I'm pretty sure nurses do not pay for their own insurance here in the US, unless it's a nurse practitioner. Anyway, nbd that's not really what this thread is about anyway.

Ex lost his job, claimed benefit but worked 15 hours one the side. Still eligible to income support. Only had to provide £20 a month for both his children. He didn't even bother. Me: just above the line to claim tax credits. Why tax credits doesn't take into account maintenance is beyond me. A mother working 16 hours but with £1,000 a month maintenance because her ex is well off will be entitled to hundreds every months from tax credits whereas a mother working full time but getting no maintenance will get next to nothing if she earns over £30K. I pay £200 a month just for childcare because I work full-time....

His girlfriend, making sure they are not officially living together so she can continue to receive single parent benefits. She works 15 hours on the side for pocket money. She gets £80 a week from her ex for child maintenance on top of benefits. Soon, she will be entitled to double that. She's decided to go back to education. She is getting grants and everything paid for. She went on hols abroad with the money of the grant....
I take it you have reported them? If you feel you can't, give me the details I'll happily do it:thumbup:

Ditto, would be a pleasure to report her. Have done previously and would do again, people who sit on their backsides and fiddle the system
make my blood boil.....

the problem is, it is sooooo easy to get away with it. Rent a room in a very cheap bedsit and get all your mail/bill delivered there. Stay at bedsit one night a week, leave nothing of yours at hers. NEVER transfer money to her account, pay anything for her cash, be extra nice to the neighbours, and if it gets to interview stage and are asked if you sleep together, just state that you refuse to answer that question.

Easy, so easy...

"The ethos of benefits is absolutely right, what is wrong is how easy it is for those intelligent enough to manipulate it to their advantage get so much out of it."

Hahaaa, shows the level of intelligence the benefit system has! :muaha:

Sorry, it's the hormones! x

One of my "friends" clains as a single mum, housing benefit, etc but she has a working partner with her :( I always think I should report them but is it 100% annoymous?

Yeah it is 100% anonymous, you don't have to put your name or anything on the forms x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->