why do some people say brought instead of bought?

Brought is the past tense of the verb to bring and bought is the past tense of the verb to buy

Some people get the grammar wrong

I've always wondered this because it really bugs me lol. It's bought from the shop not brought from the shop lol. X

Because they dont know the difference between them?! lol

maybe theres a difference in countries but to me they are 2 different words. If I brought something thats past tense for bring. But if I bought it I purchased it. Please excuse if this sounds dumb to you just explaing canadians words. Is there a different explanation or are we talking the same hting?

Ohh I wondered if it was a local or dialect thing!

This thread is still making me chuckle to myself haha

I have soooooo wanted to start this thread on more than one occasion! Im sure its a regional thing.

Q. What have you brought for baby so far
A. Nothing, I havent brought anything. Ive bought shitloads but not brought a thing.....

I have soooooo wanted to start this thread on more than one occasion! Im sure its a regional thing.

A. Nothing, I havent brought anything. Ive bought shitloads but no brought a thing.....

This made me laugh, as I have thought this so many times but had to stop my fingers from typing heheh :haha:

A. Nothing, I havent brought anything. Ive bought shitloads but no brought a thing.....

ok that makes no sense in Canada either. im so confused by that statement. lol

Lol this made me giggle! This really bugs me too!!

It makes you want to say "Brought - from where?"

Annoys me to. As does people spelling definitely, definately.

Totally different but I hate hate hate people that say pacific/pacifically instead of specific/specifically. Ohs parents!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->