why do some people say brought instead of bought?

I've never noticed folk saying brought instead of bought, but I'm sure I'll keep seeing it now! I'm also guilty of spelling definitely wrong, I only realised a few weeks ago that it's spelt definitely, I've always spelt it definately! :blush:

I'm from Glasgow, but recently moved to Aberdeen, and I still can't get used to the dialect here- the use of the word "ken" instead of "know" is so funny. I've also heard the word "mattress" being pronounced "mattr- aasss" up here, lol x

I hate it when people pronounce primark as premark! It's spelt with an I not an e!
And my friend always goes mad at me because I pronounce the charity shop "help the aged" as help the age ed. Does that make sense?

On the charity adverts in Morrison's they pronounce it age ed too. I also hate people who say mataland instead of matalan lol. I've got a lot of hates really.xx

It is help the age-ed though. That's just the word it is lol.

And I hate it when people call it mataland too. I just want to scream THERE'S NO D!!!!

But I don't lol.

The definitely one used to get me too! Until I realised it was all based around the word FINITE as in for sure. So you just make sure that it has finite in it - definitely then you know it's right. Really worked for me lol! Xx

Oh dear sunshine oh dear! Lol :)
I say paraceetamol too and scon.
Lol I always spell it definately but my auto correct changes it for me :)

On the charity adverts in Morrison's they pronounce it age ed too. I also hate people who say mataland instead of matalan lol. I've got a lot of hates really.xx[/QUOTE]

Hahaha. this made me chuckle as its something my mum does ALL the time! I tease her because it sounds like shes off to a theme park :haha:

I can cope with the bought/brought, there/their/they're and pretty much anything else...except people spelling can't, carn't. Where does that r come from???? Oh, and people texting me saying "What are you up to today?? Im board" Gah, that irks me too, hehehe.

Irrational old me :dohh:

The definitely one used to get me too! Until I realised it was all based around the word FINITE as in for sure. So you just make sure that it has finite in it - definitely then you know it's right. Really worked for me lol! Xx

It's amazing how we pick up little tricks to correct our spelling.

I could never spell the word beautiful before the film Bruce Almighty came out because he breaks it down whenever he says it. I've spelt it right ever since.

On the charity adverts in Morrison's they pronounce it age ed too. I also hate people who say mataland instead of matalan lol. I've got a lot of hates really.xx

Hahaha. this made me chuckle as its something my mum does ALL the time! I tease her because it sounds like shes off to a theme park :haha:

I can cope with the bought/brought, there/their/they're and pretty much anything else...except people spelling can't, carn't. Where does that r come from???? Oh, and people texting me saying "What are you up to today?? Im board" Gah, that irks me too, hehehe.

Irrational old me :dohh:[/QUOTE]

Yeah these one's get me too lol x

I could never spell the word beautiful before the film Bruce Almighty came out because he breaks it down whenever he says it. I've spelt it right ever since.

Omg lol I thought I was the only one!! B e a utiful!!!

It annoys me when people pronounce asked as "arksed"

I use 'one colour, two socks' to spell necessary, because there's one c and two s's. I got that from Bell on emmerdale years ago lol.

Must be a scottish thing then cause I always say mic unless Im saying Maccy D's then its Mac and not Mic.

Jeez I cant half talk shite when Im bored. :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->