Why do we want more kids?

Reiko_ctu

Reaction score
I find myself asking why I want more kids. I just feel like we need to have one or two more to complete our family.

But we have 2 wonderful DDs now :). And neither of them sleep. I'm so tired. That should make me not want more shouldn't it? But it doesn't! Am I crazy?

My baby sleeps well (so far- 6 months right now) but the thought of a poorly sleeping baby scares me. I don't know how mummies do it whose babies don't sleep.

I saw you commented on my thread 😀 Like I said there, I'm not sure I want another because I'm happy with just her and I've always thought we would have one. But now that she's here, the idea of s sibling keeps popping up. I'm hoping things will eventually get more clear.

Dd has always been a TERRIBLE sleeper! Sttn from 8-12 weeks then not again until maybe 10 months then off and on and now she's been sttn for a while. She didn't nap more than half an hour at a time for the first 6 months of her life. One nap now and some days it's an hour and a half which makes her a beast come dinner time. Sometimes it's a decent nap.

I feel crazy for wanting another who could have the same exact issues lol.

I think it's be we know it won't last forever. Some day they will be old enough to manage their own sleep so even if they're up they don't need us up too and we will finally be able to sleep!

I ask myself this all the time. My first was a good sleeper but my second was a very poor sleeper. He didn't start sleeping through the night until he was 18 months old because of teething. Even now at 2.5 years old he still is the first one up in the morning. It is admittedly getting a little better though and it doesn't help that the baby is a very easy going baby so the idea of a fourth and final baby keeps popping into my head. I wanted to wait until April to try again, and some days I'll have second thoughts about waiting that long, while other days I feel like I'm going crazy with the three I have now. Honestly I think it is just a phase during the baby/infant/toddler years. We know that they won't always be this needy.

Haha I do wonder that myself. I'm broody with a almost 5 year old and nearly 8 month old baby who wakes plenty times in the night and is still breastfed. I love my two boys and I would love a smaller age gap between 2 & 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->