Why don't children get 'chipped'

hellywelly

Mummy to Harry
Reaction score
OK - am in a silly minded mood today - but I was in the bath and wondered - 'why don't they chip babies' - I was just thinking of poor Madeline McCann .... there must be a reason for not doing it - does anyone know - or is it so blatant that my baby brain is so out of tune lol xxx

I don't think tracking people is a good idea at all. far too big brother for me!

I think a better idea would be to watch after your children at all times and don't leave them in foreign countries in an appartment ALONE whilst you go out for dinner :thumbup:

Sorta good point but i think the main reason is it would be against human rights. But it would defo make reuniting kids and parents easier

I've had that same crazy idea too hun! hehe. Seriously!!! Even though, rationally, I know that's going a bit far... sometimes, after watching the news it doesn't seem so bad!

Once our oldest starts driving, we are going to buy her a smarphone so we can download an app to track her! hehe. It sounds a bit out there- and it's not like we would literally keep "track" of her at all times... but if she's off alone, and able to drive (she'll be getting her permit this June!)- we want to know we can find her at any time IF needed... like if her car broke down and she didn't know exactly how to tell us where she was etc...

Maybe we could strap an iPhone onto our baby somehow? HAHA... KIDDING!!!! ;)

Basic human rights and the fact this is not 1984. I know abduction stories are scary but you can't let your life be ruled by fear. Bad things have always happened but they're incredibly rare and chances are all you need is a bit of common sense, not a tracking device.

I think it would be cruel, but that's how I feel about it. Also being chipped would mean the government abd people in 'control' could literally watch our every move, there's enough cctv etc already. They do do chips though, I'm sure I saw a couple on the news talking about how happy they were to get chipped.

Yeah I was talking to hubby over dinner about it - he said its to do with Human Rights ..... and yes I guess its very far and few between - thanks ladies for solving my baby brain xxxx

In theory, I suppose it's good, but the idea the the government can track my every move via an imbedded chip gives me the heebee jeebees!

Totally totally against human rights. George Orwell would've written it into 1984 I'm sure if microchips were around then for pets (brilliant book btw).

Abduction is rare, and (sorry if this is gruesome) but if a child was actually abducted then the abducter would probably cut out the chip anyway causing more danger to the child's survival chances. It's not like cats and dogs that might've just run off.

Better to keep your kids as safe as you can. Obviously whatever has happened to Madeleine McCann is very sad and her parents must feel awful, but she wasn't in what most parents would consider a safe situation -imo.

plus.

school exists- so some parents dont teach their kids the basics.
zebra crossings exist- so some people dont supervise their kids crossing the road
ready meals exist- so some people dont cook for their kids
tv can babysit- so parents dont have to....

can you imagine how many parents would stop watching their children if they were tagged?

A human microchip implant is an integrated circuit device or RFID transponder encased in silicate glass and implanted in the body of a human being. A subdermal implant typically contains a unique ID number that can be linked to information contained in an external database, such as personal identification, medical history, medications, allergies, and contact information.
Stolen from Wikipedia.
They are out there and working already, not sure they are capable of tracking yet but I hear they are working on using them instead of credit cards, so you would scan your hand with the RFID chip at the checkout and it would work like a credit/debit card without the need for security like pin numbers, it would also have your id on so I suppose that would get rid of police trying to identify bodies after big disasters, just scan and all their details are there.
I think it's quite a good idea (RFID chips not the tracking)
I'd get one.

MY FB status the other day...

is tremendously proud of Ted for walking home from nursery today... he looked so very grown up...
Like · · Share
Carrie Louise Nugent, Rebecca Pitts and 18 others like this.

DW Bless the little man! I'll bet he was worn out after that...xx
Thursday at 10:14pm · Like

FE On his own? Meanie! I hope you met him halfway ;)
Thursday at 10:25pm · Like

VQ Nah. He's microchipped xx
Thursday at 10:26pm · Like · 6

HC lol.....was thinking what a good idea for teenagers/grown up kids....but on second thoughts...would rather not know what they are up to!!!.x
Thursday at 10:30pm · Like · 1

So yes.... it crossed my mind too!

because it could be used for the wrong reasons and alot of rich people do do this and their kids end up getting cut up trying to get the thing out so people wont find them, in the case of maddie mccan i think there i alot of things that could have been done there less sever as chipping to protect that little girl one could have been better parents? or ones that don't leave their kids alone while they go off drinking? just simple though?

It's only a matter of time. I fear that day.

We can already be tracked by basically all our idevices anyways.

How come people are concerned being tracked? So what if people know where you are all the time? I think it's a neat idea. I am genuinely curious why people don't like the idea.

I also thought it would be cool to have everyone's DNA and fingerprints put into some database from birth.

I am not a packaged good, I am a person. I should have the basic right to my own body, and the option to go withot feeling like the world is watching. It is very basic privacy.

How come people are concerned being tracked? So what if people know where you are all the time? I think it's a neat idea. I am genuinely curious why people don't like the idea.

I also thought it would be cool to have everyone's DNA and fingerprints put into some database from birth.

They used to do that here in Texas :/ they'd steal blood without parental consent and store it indefinitely. People in our state had to sue for the right to object.

Poor maddie wouldn't have been taken if she had been looked after properly Hun.just make sure if u want a meal or anything else that someone is watching ur children rather than just leaving them alone bcoz they r asleep.i don't think mchipping is a bad idea at all.all the evil people in the world would need to actually fear someone finding them.im in the mind of if u have nothing to hide then the authorities wouldn't b tracking u anyway.its there if its needed.if someone shot/stabbed/abused/etc then i would love for them to b tracked instantly xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->