Why don't children get 'chipped'

Poor maddie wouldn't have been taken if she had been looked after properly Hun.just make sure if u want a meal or anything else that someone is watching ur children rather than just leaving them alone bcoz they r asleep.i don't think mchipping is a bad idea at all.all the evil people in the world would need to actually fear someone finding them.im in the mind of if u have nothing to hide then the authorities wouldn't b tracking u anyway.its there if its needed.if someone shot/stabbed/abused/etc then i would love for them to b tracked instantly xx

I agree totally
The tracking thing, no government agency is gonna care enough about the movements of a housewife from Sheffield to even check up on it, it would remove all doubt if there was a crime they could check who was there at the time therefore if you aren't committing a crime there's no need to be paranoid. People seem to think that the government cares what they do and that they are watching them, I don't want to burst anyone's bubble but unless you are a spy or international drugs smuggler they don't give a crap about you, CCTV is there to catch people committing crimes, I have controlled CCTV cameras in the past, unless you look suspicious the operator just scans right past you.
I don't know how you would become detached from your RFID chip, apart from losing an arm in which case drs could just reinsert it in the other hand, retinal and biometric scanning is becoming so advanced now that that could be quite easily be used as a back up or alternative form of payment, if you just lost both arms and both eyes you aren't gonna be too concerned about buying cheese!
I honestly think that these things will be ready in my lifetime and if people accept them and leave off with 1985 then they will be commonplace when our Los are adults

i dont agree with it.not that anyone would do it,you might aswell slap a barcode on if thats the case :wacko:

Dh has a barcode tattooed on his wrist, scanners don't recognise it tho which is a shame, we hoped he'd beep in tesco lol

How come people are concerned being tracked? So what if people know where you are all the time? I think it's a neat idea. I am genuinely curious why people don't like the idea.

I also thought it would be cool to have everyone's DNA and fingerprints put into some database from birth.

we spoke about this a uni. it would eventually lead to things like life insurance companies obtaining your DNA to find out what you are likely to die from. would you really want to know that? or potentially pay extortionate prices if they found something?

how about when people need to change their identity? you cant change your DNA.

I think the smartphone idea is Awesome! Id give my kid a smartphone with a tracker on it as soon as he was old enough to go out on his own or with friends. I wouldn't be checking it all them time he went out but at least he would have it if anything happened to him (providing he didn't get mugged and get his phone stolen!)

Chipping is a bit to far but I completely understand why parents would think of it! Having your child abducted and the thought of never seeing them again is terrifying! I agree that Madeliene Mcann wouldn't have been abducted if her parents were there to look after her but you can't always be there to watch every move your child makes especially when their old enough to have their own independence.

No matter how brilliant a parent you are sometimes if you turn your back for 2 seconds then your child could have wandered off! I've taken my 1 yo niece to tk maxx and I turned my back to pick up and outfit for her and when I turned round again she had crawled off! I found her in the toy section :haha:

I also agree with another poster who said all sex offenders should be chipped, along with criminals who still pose a threat of reoffending.

lol, made me smile the title of this thread he he as i sit here looking at my three dogs.... its only 20 quid to get em chipped (wich they all are), i'll ask my vet if he'll nip one in my lo!!

I am not sure whether I would want Harry to be chipped - but having 'big brother' etc. doesn't concern me .... there is so much cctv around, handheld devices - we are all tracked in any case .... even us writing here - big brother is watching over all of us all the time. I do really feel for Madeline and her family, although they should never have left those children - and now they are having to face their lives through their own silly actions.

lol, made me smile the title of this thread he he as i sit here looking at my three dogs.... its only 20 quid to get em chipped (wich they all are), i'll ask my vet if he'll nip one in my lo!!

he he lol xx

I'd have mine chipped giventhe choice. I have a fear, a completly rational one IMO of them being kidnapped. A far worse situation that I would never find them again. Whatever people think of the mccann situation, to never know where your babies are ever again, I think I'd die of the pain.

I heard of a company selling gps shoes for kids, guess they're more aimed at lost kids rather than abductions. If the worst happened to my LO I'd like to think I'd done all I could to keep him safe but feel really weird about the microchipping thing, just makes me think of dogs haha!

xx

I'd have mine chipped in a heartbeat if I could. OH and I talked about this ages ago, and we thought it would be a good idea, but they'd have to be able to choose to have them out at 18. I have a gps loc8tor on one of my cats as he's always getting lost, and I'll probably get the more hardcore version for the kids when they're a bit older and able to run off, get lost in crowds etc.
https://www.loc8tor.com/uk/childcare/

Our new hospital has retinal scanning for access to computers :thumbup:

Hum kinda yes and no answer to this question. Like people said about Human Rights etc but I think they should be 'chipped' till about 15/16 and then they aren't being watched as such.
I think it's a good idea when it comes to holidays or weekends away so less worry of losing children. I know you can get them 'bands' can't think of the name of them. GMTV programme did them years ago before the programme changed to DayBreak and I liked that idea with the parents phone number on the children's bands, but they could be cut off a chip is more safe. Not wanting this comment to become a debate and I know the 'Chipping' would never happen but it is a random thought but a good one ;)!

I'm surprised how many are in favour of this tbh. I think it's absolutely about 10 steps too far. Under skin chipping and location tracking? Yikes!

At least with a GPS device, you can put it down or switch it off.

Also, who would you trust with the info? The government? They don't exactly have a brilliant track record of handling data securely. Local authorities? Private companies? Tesco personal tracking?! If you kept it at home, what if you got robbed?

There is no safety in surveillance. CCTV doesn't reduce crime numbers.

I'm surprised how many are in favour of this tbh. I think it's absolutely about 10 steps too far. Under skin chipping and location tracking? Yikes!

At least with a GPS device, you can put it down or switch it off.

Also, who would you trust with the info? The government? They don't exactly have a brilliant track record of handling data securely. Local authorities? Private companies? Tesco personal tracking?! If you kept it at home, what if you got robbed?

There is no safety in surveillance. CCTV doesn't reduce crime numbers.

I agree that it doesn't reduce crime rates and it's certainly not a deterrent but I'm happy for CCTV to happen, in cases of abduction it gives a good picture of the last known whereabouts of people. Maybe it doesn't always help solve a case bit it must be of some value to the police.

I think I've said on a prior thread that stranger abduction is very rare. A child is more likely to be abducted by a relative, friend, or acquaintance.

I don't like the chip idea. Like Patch, I'm shocked at how many people agree or would agree to it. Also, like hot tea said, it's basic human privacy.

Also, who would you trust with the info? The government? They don't exactly have a brilliant track record of handling data securely. Local authorities? Private companies? Tesco personal tracking?

Tesco...LOL

"Your child has been tracked outside their designated area and have entered a night club - would you like to purchase any of the following items:
Condoms
Sex Education Books
Ibuprofen tablets
Dark Glasses
Bacon and Eggs
Ball and Chain"

I think tracking is completely against human rights. I'd rather keep an eye on my kids than to put a tracking device in them.

I'd have mine chipped in a heartbeat if I could. OH and I talked about this ages ago, and we thought it would be a good idea, but they'd have to be able to choose to have them out at 18. I have a gps loc8tor on one of my cats as he's always getting lost, and I'll probably get the more hardcore version for the kids when they're a bit older and able to run off, get lost in crowds etc.
https://www.loc8tor.com/uk/childcare/

:thumbup: Me too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"