Why don't sonographers/mw's take more notice of women?

Mindy_mini

Mum2b of 2 under 2
Reaction score
We were actively ttc and I have always kept a record of my periods and was temping as well as monitoring my cervical mucus AND using a cbfm (which was a bit useless for us as the we conceived first month using it and jjust gave loads of highs and no peaks)

I Know my lmp date, I Know when I ov'd and as a result of all the above I Know within 48hrs when we conceive.

Yet they insist I must be wrong and I am in fact a week ahead of my due date i calculated from my lmp AND ov/conception date.

I know lots of women would see this as. Ahold thing, being further along than they thought but with my dd, I was 18 days late so likelihood is I will be late this time. A week is a long time in terms of the two weeks they give you after your due date before trying to induce. I really want to avoid induction if I can but I know if I go to what they consider 43wks (42wks by my dates) they will be pressuring me to be induced.

Anyone else experienced this?

I was 2weeks over with my 1st with my 2nd i was 6 hrs over. I know when i ov'd and all that they put me 10 days early and he came the day after due date.

I just had my first appointment yesterday. I ovulated late on the cycle that i got my BFP. When they asked me when was the date of MLP... i told them Sept 16th, but i know i didn't ovulate till Oct 4th. Will that make a difference in my due date?

She said, no because what the due date is for is to give mom and the doctors a 2 week time frame of when to expect the baby to arrive. So unless my ovulation date and my LMP were greater than a 2 week difference... they won't account for it. But she also added that if i know that i ovulated late, than the idea of me going past my due date would be a reasonable one.

So my EDD is June 22nd.... according to my Ovulation date it should be June 26th... i figure baby will probably be a June 2- something baby and call it good, unless they are willing to induce for family reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->