Why is everyones response that I should take a break?

K_Anchondo

Trying for #2
Reaction score
Dont they know that I dont have the time to take a break? I know that every month that goes by Im getting older. Not only is it getting later - but I dont want to be too much older and pregnant and chasing around a toddler if I dont have to! :( Whoever I talk to about this just tells be to take a break. What is that going to do but tack on months to the process?

Im so frustrated and I feel so alone in this (well, out here in my world). :help:

"Everyone" as in your partner and your doctor, or everyone as in random friends and family?

Everyone as in friends. If it were the doctor I would take it more seriously. I think that my friends are just tired of hearing me talk about it. It still is frustrating and bursts my little bubble though.

Meh, your friends don't really get a say in this, don't worry about them.

Thank you. I am feeling the same way. I don't know why but it feels good to read about others experiencing the same.

Thank you. I am feeling the same way. I don't know why but it feels good to read about others experiencing the same.

Thanks!

I see you have had a couple losses. Im so sorry for your losses. Thats heartbreaking. I just lost mine at 10 weeks on November 10th. This is our first month trying after the loss, which adds to the frustration when people tell me to stop trying.

Lost and Lots of baby dust to you! Hope for a Christmas miracle! :) :hugs:

I say that as long as your Doctor isn't telling you to take a break, then who cares what others think (unless its good thoughts lol).

I used to have the "take a break" and "relax and it'll happen" all the time .... The only thing that did was make me not confide in those people. I drastically moderated who I spoke to about TTC and it's pretty much just my sister who knows what is going on at the moment. Just waiting for it all to go the other way and getting the "are you pregnant yet?". Very annoying!!

I keep ttc to myself too. People in my life think isn't two enough what the hell would you want more kids for? That is why sites like this are good.

I feels so good to hear that others go through the same thing, not that Im glad you all are going through the same thing - but that Im not alone. And its so helpful to hear positive support, even when things sound so hopeless.

Silly people with "helpful" comments!! I am sure they are just trying to be kind - but they're not!
I have only confided in a few people (but not family!!) - only one I keep updated with my frustrations!
I'm feeling positive this month for some reason - maybe because my husband is on board with the "project" and I have had to explain that even when work shifts get in the way we have to fit sex in somehow! Off to work this afternoon with a smile!!
It's never been a project up until now!

Everyone as in friends. If it were the doctor I would take it more seriously. I think that my friends are just tired of hearing me talk about it. It still is frustrating and bursts my little bubble though.

That is why I have not told any of my friends and family as I find that with their best intentions they ask too many questions and without wanting the can upset me.

Meh, your friends don't really get a say in this, don't worry about them.

Toally agree with NorthStar:thumbup:

Actually the friend I most confide in just says "Get On It".
It's a 2012 resolution!! Although I may not be sharing that one when people ask about the resolutions that I have made!

SweetPea - often resolutions are easier to keep when you are not alone so I'm with you all the way on that one!!

Exactly why I dont tell anyone that we are TTCing!! So sorry for your frustration luv and I completely understand. When I lightly suggested to a few close peeps (a few months ago) that we might start trying for number 2 once LO was 6 months old, people thought that was crazy. BUT after 3 MCs to get my first LO and already being over 35, I feel exactly like you, that we just need to get on with it! So since we actually did start trying 3 cycles ago, haven't told a soul!

Good luck luv :)

xoxo
Pea

I'm right there with you - we have to "take a break" to deal with an abnormal pap/colposcopy/???, and I couldn't feel any LESS comforted or relieved by it.

Getting older makes any "break" just feel like the boulder you've been pushing up the mountain has rolled back down to the bottom again...

Hi there, my LO is only 5 mos and we are trying again. We know it will be hard. We know it may be a lot to take on, but its our choice, and really, no one elses business! Don't worry, you have many of us 'crazies' on your side, lol :)

IMO it is no ones business.
I am choosing to have this pregnancies close together if I can. I have PCOS and am insulin resistance and I have crazy long cycles and the closer I get to 40, I know it isnt going to be easier.

I had my baby in april, and am newly pregnant ON Purpose... I temped, and charted and used OPKs... since about 4 months post-partum. I did this because I know that the longer I wait, the more anovulatory cycles I will have and the longer it will take to get and stay pregnant.

If you are physically and emotionally and financially ready, I think there is nothing wrong with trying for pregnancies close together. make sure you are eating right and taking a good prenatal so your body has plenty of folic acid.

As I age, I cant afford to waste time any more. i will likely not have anymore after this baby comes, but I do not regret spacing them close together, so I can have the best chance of using the youngest eggs possible. Waiting another few years just isnt in my plan, and since I am not asking people to help raise, feed or clothe my kids I dont see how it is any of their business.

Good luck OP!

My OH and I have discussed immediately trying for no.2 as soon as this little one arrives, but if he is our only one, fine. Incidentially, I am 44, so don't let the doctors/media tell you it's impossible post-40 -- I'm probably the healthiest I have been in years and that has made all the difference!

however, maybe waiting a few months post-mc is a good idea, but other than that (and if your doctor is happy), it is your own business and good luck!

best wishes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->