Why is it just the woman who has the "nesting" phase?

skookie

Reaction score
Anyone else frustrated that suddenly you feel like doing a bunch of stuff around the house to get ready for the baby but your husband just has his same regular level of motivation?? I've had so much fun sorting through the clothes we've gotten and looking at nursery stuff online. I really feel like going forward with setting up our nursery, painting and all that! But he's just like "meh." I understand I tend to be the unmotivated one in life but suddenly I have this mysterious inertia.. ;) anyone else finding it frustrating that you want to do a bunch of stuff in the house before the baby comes but your husband doesn't "feel it" yet?

Ps he's definitely excited to be a dad!! maybe just not excited about the pre-baby planning.

Yup. I've been excited about cleaning out the office to make way for the nursery and moving things around. I waited for hubby to leave the other day and moved 2 bookshelves so he would be out of my way and wouldn't aggravate me by giving his opinion... I'm so easily peeved right now... SIGH.

Also been working on helping my best friend plan her wedding... So been staying super busy!

YUP! DH wouldn't think to do any of this himself with a baby on the way or not but I am going crazy nesting. I need all of my kitchen cabinets organized, closets perfected, etc. and I sit here every morning with new things racing through my head that I want to do. He "nests" in his own way and has been working like crazy to try and move up the ladder with work and that's what I notice when I'm pregnant. He gets way more worked up over not getting accounts and deals than he does when I'm not pregnant so he def feels it too but maybe in a different way. Best of luck completing your nesting projects! 😎

My partner is very excited about being a dad and he doesn't mind getting baby stuff and help setting up furniture but when it comes to the washing baby clothes and sorting the stuff out in the bedroom and the tidying side of things that when he becomes less interested lol
but to be fair my partner never been into cleaning anyways :L

I found my husband helped a lot after baby was here! I think they need to see the baby and then they get their ass in gear ;)

My DH has been actually kicking my butt into gear when it comes to cleaning and prepping stuff. He nests more than I do... In fact I think he sucks the nesting right out of me. However, this time? I'm a woman possessed and I want to get crap done and get it done FAST. Summer clothes are already being put away and I have my eye on tackling the black hole that is the pantry. I also want to organize all of our cookware... And that's just on my list for today. Tomorrow... Who knows. I may go back to wanting to laze around.

I found my husband helped a lot after baby was here! I think they need to see the baby and then they get their ass in gear ;)

I agree! And although he didn't "nest" months beforehand, when I went into the doctor one morning and they told me to go to the hospital that night to get induced, my hubby came home and didn't stop moving and preparing the house from when we got home until I made him leave to go to the hospital! My mom and dad were there and they still talk about his extreme "nesting" mode that day, haha! I thinked he cleaned the house top to bottom with all of his nervous energy :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->